Lineup 2018

Regarding Arctic Monkeys, I personally really like them, but I think they are not that huge in other countries. I mean, here in France, very few people even know their name.

For the audience debate, I think I clearly agree with people saying AM are more of an interest for younger people (-30y) and maybe Foo F +30y. Maybe I the only person on this topic, but I don't know any of FF songs while I like quite a lot of rock bands. 

Edited by arthuragone

25 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Well, that's just not true? Uno Dos Tre are great albums in my opinion. 21st Century Breakdown is also great. :/

Love Green Day but Uno Dos Tre was weak imo, 21st century breakdown i thought was good and revrad is quality. My favourite albums are their first three though - 1039 smooth, kerplunk and Dookie.

2 minutes ago, arthuragone said:

Regarding Arctic Monkeys, I personally really like them, but I think they are not that huge in other countries. I mean, here in France, very few people even know their name.

For the audience debate, I think I clearly agree with people saying AM are more of an interest for younger people (-30y) and maybe Foo F +30y. Maybe I the only person on this topic, but I don't know any of their songs while I like quite a lot of rock bands. 

Yeah, i agree. I really like AM but I'm really into Foo Fighters so would love to see them at R&L. 

33 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Uno, Dos, Tre are absolutely tragic. Green Day need to go away. 

Green Day are lucky that American Idiot took off the way it did, otherwise they wouldn’t be anywhere near where they are now. Around the time of Warning they were in the gutter. 

For Arctics you could say the same about AM... Suck It And See wasn't exactly a massive success they were on the way down at that point. Can we not just agree that they are both massive awesome bands that would be great if they played?

Green Day are the better live band though btw haha

1 minute ago, HarryHoudini said:

For Arctics you could say the same about AM... Suck It And See wasn't exactly a massive success they were on the way down at that point. Can we not just agree that they are both massive awesome bands that would be great if they played?

Both bands are great yes! I think that settles the argument, then you said green Day are better live haha. Next argument begins... I cant judge as ive seen Greenday and they were awesome but never seen AM. Would love to see them though 

2 minutes ago, HarryHoudini said:

Agreed, both great massive bands but Green Day are far better live.

6 minutes ago, HarryHoudini said:

Yeah, Green Day are great if you want toilet rolls being shot at you and 45mins of ‘HEEEEYYY-OOOHHHHHs’. 

They were the first band I ever saw live and when I was 16 it was great. I saw them again when I was 20 and it was the exact same. 

I’ve seen Arctic Monkeys be great and I’ve seen them be bum (Leeds 2014).

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, Green Day are great if you want toilet rolls being shot at you and 45mins of ‘HEEEEYYY-OOOHHHHHs’. 

They were the first band I ever saw live and when I was 16 it was great. I saw them again when I was 20 and it was the exact same. 

I’ve seen Arctic Monkeys be great and I’ve seen them be bum (Leeds 2014).

Green Day are a much superior live band than Arctic Monkeys - if AM have anyone decent subbing they get shat on. Bombed in 06 subbing Muse, The Prodigy blew them out of the park in 09 and they were then subbed by Jake Bugg which says it all. For a band with a back catalogue like they do they should be playing for longer than 1hr 30/40 too.  

Edited by foolee

6 minutes ago, foolee said:

Green Day are a much superior live band than Arctic Monkeys - if AM have anyone decent subbing they get shat on. Bombed in 06 subbing Muse, The Prodigy blew them out of the park in 09 and they were then subbed by Jake Bugg which says it all. For a band with a back catalogue like they do they should be playing for longer than 1hr 30/40 too.  

Totally agree about the length of their shows. They should be playing 2 hours at least. If they’re still doing 90mins on album #6 that’s a real bummer.