Lineup 2018

Hmmmm, in saying that are Royal Blood confirmed to be doing anything over the summer? I know they could be like an EU exclusive or whatever but I'm not sure I've seen them announce for any festivals at all?

Those dates do seem to line up better for R&L than Foos do even at the moment imo. I also love how literally all EU fests at the end of Aug are looking like they'll have Kendrick and AM headline lol (they only have what, Pkp, Rock En Seine and R&L left to clear up)

6 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

I guess arctic monkeys will probably add stadium dates in that late July gap, probably Wembley and the etihad

Late July should be US festivals part 2.

Surprised there’s been no announcement for their English date(s) however. Like, those will be the only ones where their pay is affected by demand right?

1 minute ago, iEJB said:

Wouldn't AM still be a possibility here tho if Reading and Leeds have to announce all the headliners at once? Surely AM wouldn't be able to announce themselves before the offical R&L line up poster?

Wouldn’t have to announce them all at once. In the hypothetical scenario I’m sure R+L woulda set their announcement for this morning, and it woulda been Arctic Monkeys. If they announce them later than this week it’d be bloody daft to let people all go buy tickets to Europe and then throw in R+L as well.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Also, in regards to the 30stm stuff, do people reckon they could sub Kendrick? Like could the fact that it is "Jared Letos Band" carry them so they get more of a crossover appeal with the Kendrick fans?

Why would Kendrick fans care about Jared Leto? If they play they'll surely be subbing a 'rock' headliner or as a co-headliner - below Kendrick seems like the least likely spot for them.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Kendrick fans are Jared Leto fans?

H u h ? ? ?

This is gonna come across as judgey but whatever - Assuming some of the Kendrick fans are more "casual" music fans and would see a band with a famous guy in it over a rap band they maybe don't care as much about?

• Downvote 8

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

This is gonna come across as judgey but whatever - Assuming some of the Kendrick fans are more "casual" music fans and would see a band with a famous guy in it over a rap band they maybe don't care as much about?

lol

15 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Just wanna explain this more lol

Like I can't see R&L booking a rap for the top 2 on a single day. There don't seem to be really be any suitable electronic acts going for the sub position this year. 21P kinda do the rap-rock thing so they would have been an OK choice but don't seem to be doing anything. Asumming all that, the only choice left is a rock band right? So I guess at lets make it one people who don't care about rock music would at least be able to tolerate a bit more cause it's got some dude from a movie they watched in it.

EDIT: Like I would consider 30STM to be more poppy than say Courteeners etc. too.... Not even trying to be rude here just trying to suggest most Kendrick fans are probably rap fans, so won't care about rock music as much...

Edited by Mattymooz
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Like I can't see R&L booking a rap for the top 2 on a single day. There don't seem to be really be any suitable electronic acts going for the sub position this year. 21P kinda do the rap-rock thing so they would have been an OK choice but don't seem to be doing anything. Asumming all that, the only choice left is a rock band right? So I guess at lets make it one people who don't care about rock music would at least be able to tolerate a bit more cause it's got some dude from a movie they watched in it.

Just stop.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

You are insulting Kendrick fans you big bully 

19 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Also, in regards to the 30stm stuff, do people reckon they could sub Kendrick? Like could the fact that it is "Jared Letos Band" carry them so they get more of a crossover appeal with the Kendrick fans?

I can't see them being any less than a co-headliner to be honest, they seem to have a huge demand for live shows due to the fact they don't tour here often. 

29 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

I guess arctic monkeys will probably add stadium dates in that late July gap, probably Wembley and the etihad

All the other Etihad concerts this year are late May - mid June, they tend to cluster them together, so late July is unlikely.

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

EDIT: Like I would consider 30STM to be more poppy than say Courteeners etc. too.... Not even trying to be rude here just trying to suggest most Kendrick fans are probably rap fans, so won't care about rock music as much...

The biggest rapper among indie fans without a doubt. James Blake is supporting his arena tour. If anything the likes of Vampire Weekend and Tame Impala would go down well subbing him. 30STM because all Kendrick fans are knuckle dragging idiots that wanna see a real-life celebrity gtfoh. :lol:

Also your ‘casual music fan’ thing when he’s quite possibly headlining beside Foo Fighters? Mate.

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

I think they're playing fields, rather than stadiums, anyway 

Can you not just tell us, my dude?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The biggest rapper among indie fans without a doubt. James Blake is supporting his arena tour. If anything the likes of Vampire Weekend and Tame Impala would go down well subbing him. 30STM because all Kendrick fans are knuckle dragging idiots that wanna see a real-life celebrity gtfoh. :lol:

Also your ‘casual music fan’ thing when he’s quite possibly headlining beside Foo Fighters? Mate.

Can you not just tell us, my dude?

That's not what I'm saying at all fml. I'm sure Vampire Weeknd (who don't seem to be touring this summer) and Tame Impala (who are supposedly headlining Citadel) would go down fine, but they aren't available.

I ain't saying that all of Kendricks fans are idiots that wanna see a cwelbrity, I'm just pointing out what imo is likely to happen.

You're right, Foos are there to cater to the causal rock fans, who probably won't care as much which rock band would sub (courteeners etc.). But I still wouldn't ideally wanna put a rap act below them.

Kendrick, although his #truefans may like other genres, I'm guess that large amount of people there would just be causal fans. People who are going for the rap lineup as a whole and aren't "in" for Kdot. Again you have the same issues as the foos day, you don't really wanna crossover genres too hard if you can help it, but again, I don't think they'll wanna do double rap so they'll want someone else. IMO, assuming 30STM aren't coheadliners, them and courteeners look like they're gonna be the subs, so which way round do you put them?

It's like with Eminem last year, I know a lot of his fans aren't as music savvy as kendrick fans, but they didn't go straight from rock into rap, they had ML in the way as kind of a "Buffer zopne" to let all the casual fans have something they can listen to whilst they wait for there rapper guy to come on

Edited by Mattymooz