Lineup 2018

20 minutes ago, w0lfalic321 said:

Their new stuff flopped

No chance Alt J will headline the NME. Their new stuff did poorly but wasn't a complete flop. Even if it was, FR never make booking where subs drop to NME headline in just a few years. It wouldn't suprise me if they end up co-headlining in a couple years time off their 4th album. 

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Guessing you didn't mean that the topline is all coheadliners sooooo:

- Catfish won't do R+L as they are at APE which is an AEG event (and Live nation don't share acts with AEG very frequently)

- Royal Blood are too big for that slot

- YM@6 won't play R&L if they are playing Community and Download

BMTH are waaaaaay too big for that slot

- FLO idek what you are doing

- Did you really put 21P under Stormzy

- I may be slightly bevvd

- Shikari wont play if they are doing 2000 trees

- Gorillaz are exclusive to Boomtown

- Jake Bugg wont be back any time soon

- Everything Everything wont be back as they are playing that lincoln fest

-Portugal. The Man seem to be doing early summer EU fests

- I'm guessing Feed The Rhino is a Dudey meme in which case everything would make sense

Agree with pretty much everything you said, worth noting that the Gorillaz Boomtown set was reworded by Damon to sound like it wasn't their only performance, just that some aspects of the show at Boomtown are exclusive, if I remember correctly.

2 minutes ago, Bandit Tom said:

Took band logos from Google/other sources, edited them in Photoshop to be completely black - the template I made myself with a mixture of source images from the Leeds website and the style guide. I can make a plain version if anyone is interested?

Definitely that would be awesome!

4 minutes ago, Bandit Tom said:

- You Me At Six just played last year
- Arctic Monkeys, Bring Me The Horizon and Florence are all headliner material now
- Pixies and The Hunna wouldn't be that low down
- I think the Kaiser Chiefs are busy that weekend but I'm fairly sure they could do 2 days
- Enter Shikari will be at 2000 Trees or another festival, only 1 date though which is confirmed which puts Reading/Leeds out of the question
- Bugzy played last year
- Special Guests wouldn't be a headliner sized band unless it was a secret set

Also Pierce The Veil wont be doing anything anytime soon.

I get that, just did it for fun really, I think ATM it's looking almost certain that Foo fighters and Kendrick will be there so I just thought I'd give a try at making one haha, it's taking far too long now for an announcement!!!

3 minutes ago, Bandit Tom said:

Agree with pretty much everything you said, worth noting that the Gorillaz Boomtown set was reworded by Damon to sound like it wasn't their only performance, just that some aspects of the show at Boomtown are exclusive, if I remember correctly.

Yeah but people think the Parklife clues lead towards them too, and they aint gonna do alll 3

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Guessing you didn't mean that the topline is all coheadliners sooooo:

- Catfish won't do R+L as they are at APE which is an AEG event (and Live nation don't share acts with AEG very frequently)

- Royal Blood are too big for that slot

- YM@6 won't play R&L if they are playing Community and Download

BMTH are waaaaaay too big for that slot

- FLO idek what you are doing

- Did you really put 21P under Stormzy

- I may be slightly bevvd

- Shikari wont play if they are doing 2000 trees

- Gorillaz are exclusive to Boomtown

- Jake Bugg wont be back any time soon

- Everything Everything wont be back as they are playing that lincoln fest

-Portugal. The Man seem to be doing early summer EU fests

- I'm guessing Feed The Rhino is a Dudey meme in which case everything would make sense

Not exactly for coheadlimers I put the headliner at top left and made way down tbh, also some bands I just added from years before, but yeah I get you :)

2 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

No chance Alt J will headline the NME. Their new stuff did poorly but wasn't a complete flop. Even if it was, FR never make booking where subs drop to NME headline in just a few years. It wouldn't suprise me if they end up co-headlining in a couple years time off their 4th album. 

You’re right that they won’t headline NME this year but they’re a million times more likely to do that next album over headlining main. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re included headlining Truck or Y Not or something this week which is a sharp drop off from headlining Latitude.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You’re right that they won’t headline NME this year but they’re a million times more likely to do that next album over headlining main. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re included headlining Truck or Y Not or something this week which is a sharp drop off from headlining Latitude.

Completely disagree. They are still high up the Coachella line up and haven't showed evidence of the kind of drop in popularity some people suggest. Obviously the success of the next album will be vital to their growth. If it has the same kind of success their first two albums had they would be big enough to co-headline. FR are clearly a fan and they suit the R&L's audience. 

6 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Completely disagree. They are still high up the Coachella line up and haven't showed evidence of the kind of drop in popularity some people suggest. Obviously the success of the next album will be vital to their growth. If it has the same kind of success their first two albums had they would be big enough to co-headline. FR are clearly a fan and they suit the R&L's audience. 

Lower than they were at Coachella 2015. :lol:

FR are fans of any growing band but alt-J are quite clearly no longer growing. Album sales are dropping, venue sizes dropping, headlined Blue Dot and Boardmasters last year when we were initially talking about them headlining R+L... I don’t really know what else could show it other than them playing lower down at R+L.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

I'm sold on alt-J as an NME headliner. Haven't to see them play live but I've heard their sound gets a little lost when performing on big open air stages. As much as This is All Yours and Relaxer were a step down from their debut album, 3WW is v good. Haven't given Relaxer a re-listen since its release but I couldn't put a number on the amount of times I've listened to that song.  

A surreal yet very pleasant surprise to see alt-J utilise LSD: Dream Simulator for their artwork / videos too. I grew fascinated by it in 2008/2009 but finding a copy for cheap was impossible. Absolutely one of the most bizarre, inventive and unnerving video games of all time. Recommend anyone with a few hours to kill to dive into some YouTube series on covering it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Lower than they were at Coachella 2015. :lol:

They’re a fan of any growing band but alt-J are quite clearly no longer growing. Album sales are dropping, venue sizes dropping, headlined Blue Dot and Boardmasters last year when we were initially talking about them headlining R+L... I don’t really know what else could show it other than them playing lower down at R+L.

By one slot. I'm not denying they have dropped in popularity, just not to the extent that some people are suggesting. 

I think it all rests on the success of the next album. If it does flop then I think FR will just avoid booking them for R&L's rather than giving them a lower slot. They very rarely do that with bands that are dropping in popularity. 

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I'm sold on alt-J as an NME headliner. Haven't to see them play live but I've heard their sound gets a little lost when performing on big open air stages. As much as This is All Yours and Relaxer were a step down from their debut album, 3WW is v good. Haven't given Relaxer a re-listen since its release but I couldn't put a number on the amount of times I've listened to that song.  

A surreal yet very pleasant surprise to see alt-J utilise LSD: Dream Simulator for their artwork / videos too. I grew fascinated by it in 2008/2009 but finding a copy for cheap was impossible. Absolutely one of the most bizarre, inventive and unnerving video games of all time. Recommend anyone with a few hours to kill to dive into some YouTube series on covering it. 

Definitely agree they would be better in a tent. I'm just not convinced that we will be seeing them play there anytime soon at R&L's.

Edited by CRW5252