Lineup 2018

Just now, Bandit Tom said:

Mock up of potential rumours so far, thoughts? 

New Leeds in progress 2. j p g.jpg

I think Tyler, The Creator is still banned form the UK, Circa Waves wouldn’t come back the very next year a slot lower, Pixies would headline NME if they were booked, I think Broco would probably play main stage, HAIM would no way play FR. If they were back they’d probably play 3rd main stage I’d say, Danny brown wouldn’t headline the 1Xtra 2 years in a row, Tempa T isn’t big enough to headline that stage and I’m baffled as to why bands like High Tyde, Haus, We were Giants, Jordan allen etc. Are on the 1Xtra.

Basically you’ve got a lot of the acts that could be there pretty spot on, but definitely not in the right places.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I think Tyler, The Creator is still banned form the UK, Circa Waves wouldn’t come back the very next year a slot lower, Pixies would headline NME if they were booked, I think Broco would probably play main stage, HAIM would no way play FR. If they were back they’d probably play 3rd main stage I’d say, Danny brown wouldn’t headline the 1Xtra 2 years in a row, Tempa T isn’t big enough to headline that stage and I’m baffled as to why bands like High Tyde, Haus, We were Giants, Jordan allen etc. Are on the 1Xtra.

Basically you’ve got a lot of the acts that could be there pretty spot on, but definitely not in the right places.

I'm not familiar with many 1Xtra acts, the last few rows I just kinda shoved whatever I could find on to try and fill it a bit while more rumours fall in.

As for the others, good shout's, I'm just trying to compile the strongest rumours and wishlists into one poster and see how far off I am when it gets released tbh.

Edited by Bandit Tom

7 minutes ago, Bandit Tom said:

Mock up of potential rumours so far, thoughts? 

New Leeds in progress 2. j p g.jpg

Vaccines are subbing community festival, so probably a slot too high and won't play. Tenascious D would be a sub, Eagles of Death Metal wouldn't play anywhere near that low down. Neither would HAIM (doubt they'll be back) or we Are Scientists. Unlikely Don Broco would be in the pit two years in a row. Alt-J and Travis likely too big for those NME slots. Looks good tho, could definitely see Galantis headlining the Dance stage.

11 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

@dentalplan been looking at a few acts playing European festivals around August and one band I would absolutely love to see would be Cancer, but again, I suppose they’re highly doubtful right? If they were to be booked I could see them mid to high FR or early NME even but probably wouldn’t be booked would they?

Never heard of them. Google tells me they’re an 80’s death metal band. If that’s who you’re referring to then I wouldn’t be hopeful. :P

1 minute ago, Bandit Tom said:

I've seen a lot of people say they've kinda fallen off a bit with their latest album, I could very much see them taking a drop back to NME instead of falling down a bit on main.

I think they’d be more likely to sub again rather than drop to NME tbf. I’m not too sure though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Scrubb said:

Maaate they're fucking mentalists. Set of the weekend hands down at 2000 Trees last year. Catching them at Deaf Institute in Manc on Saturday, proper buzzed!

never seen them live I'm really hoping so see them at 2000 trees or reading this year.

About ATDI i agree with everyone about how bad they are live, I will be spending the thursday at 2000 trees at the second stage then I'll defo watch the other 2 headliners im sure. The rest of todays 2000 trees announcement is perfect for me.

Just now, Jack w said:

never seen them live I'm really hoping so see them at 2000 trees or reading this year.

About ATDI i agree with everyone about how bad they are live, I will be spending the thursday at 2000 trees at the second stage then I'll defo watch the other 2 headliners im sure. The rest of todays 2000 trees announcement is perfect for me.

There is supposed to be another trees announcement on Wednesday right?

14 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I think they’d be more likely to sub again rather than drop to NME tbf. I’m not too sure though.

They haven't been rebooked a sub in ages

16 minutes ago, Bandit Tom said:

I've seen a lot of people say they've kinda fallen off a bit with their latest album, I could very much see them taking a drop back to NME instead of falling down a bit on main.

Don't get me wrong, THEY would take the slot. I just don't think R+L would ever offer it to them (in the same way I don't see why they'd offer Slaves a good slot ever again)

2 hours ago, Scrubb said:

Id be happy with Darlia, although the lead singer is apparently a dick. If we're talking Blackpool bands, I'd take Strange Bones anyday, they are fucking mental

Just been listening to strange bones and they're fucking great, thanks for the recommendation. They remind me of Frank Carter and Massmatiks a bit. 

2 minutes ago, Aech said:

Just been listening to strange bones and they're fucking great, thanks for the recommendation. They remind me of Frank Carter and Massmatiks a bit. 

Ay, first time i heard them was supporting Frank Carter a while back, all top bands.

4 minutes ago, Gaffacakes1996 said:

This is my prediction!

IMG_2165.JPG

- You Me At Six just played last year
- Arctic Monkeys, Bring Me The Horizon and Florence are all headliner material now
- Pixies and The Hunna wouldn't be that low down
- I think the Kaiser Chiefs are busy that weekend but I'm fairly sure they could do 2 days
- Enter Shikari will be at 2000 Trees or another festival, only 1 date though which is confirmed which puts Reading/Leeds out of the question
- Bugzy played last year
- Special Guests wouldn't be a headliner sized band unless it was a secret set

Also Pierce The Veil wont be doing anything anytime soon.

Edited by Bandit Tom

Just now, Gaffacakes1996 said:

This is my prediction!

IMG_2165.JPG

Guessing you didn't mean that the topline is all coheadliners sooooo:

- Catfish won't do R+L as they are at APE which is an AEG event (and Live nation don't share acts with AEG very frequently)

- Royal Blood are too big for that slot

- YM@6 won't play R&L if they are playing Community and Download

BMTH are waaaaaay too big for that slot

- FLO idek what you are doing

- Did you really put 21P under Stormzy

- I may be slightly bevvd

- Shikari wont play if they are doing 2000 trees

- Gorillaz are exclusive to Boomtown

- Jake Bugg wont be back any time soon

- Everything Everything wont be back as they are playing that lincoln fest

-Portugal. The Man seem to be doing early summer EU fests

- I'm guessing Feed The Rhino is a Dudey meme in which case everything would make sense

2 minutes ago, Gaffacakes1996 said:

Where did you get the template and the band logos from?

Took band logos from Google/other sources, edited them in Photoshop to be completely black - the template I made myself with a mixture of source images from the Leeds website and the style guide. I can make a plain version if anyone is interested?