Best Kept Secret, Netherlands, 8-10 June

Rock Werchter, Belgium, 28 June-1 July

Open'er, Poland, 4-7 July

Nos Alive, Portugal, 12-14 July

Mad Cool, Spain, 12-14 July

Sziget, Hungary, 8-15 August

More than that, too 

7 hours ago, TheWaters said:

A lot of people are predicting them mid-NME, including me. I absolutely love them and they seem very suited to festivals and I believe they're in Europe at the right time. I don't think they'd be a great 1Xtra headliner, but would deffo go down very well on the NME. I really hope both them and Bada$$ are there.

Brockhampton are my main band/artist I wanna see at Reading this year so I'm really hoping they get announced. Mid-NME stage would be perfect for them 

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Does anyone know a grunge/rock band from Blackpool called Darlia? Do you guys think they have a chance of playing?

Love Darlia, glad to see they’re finally back making music, I can fully imagine they’ll have a slot somewhere on the line up, not very high up I don’t imagine though

28 minutes ago, Aech said:

At The Drive In headling rules me going to 2000 trees out then, have a great album but god awful live.

Yeah, not my cuppa either, but ive heard nothing but great things about the festival. Really want to check it out one of these years

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Very doubtful. They’ll be at Green Man and probably EotR respectively, and I know there’s sometimes crossover but it’s stuff that could easily be at R+L anyway, whereas I don’t think either of those suit at all anymore.

Yeah I did think that they probably wouldn’t be booked as they aren’t really the sort of band at the fest these days, but Cigarettes After Sex subbed the FR last year and they’re pretty similar to Big Thief atleast. It could happen, but you're right probably not.

Edited by TheWaters

1 hour ago, Scrubb said:

Id be happy with Darlia, although the lead singer is apparently a dick. If we're talking Blackpool bands, I'd take Strange Bones anyday, they are fucking mental

What have you heard about the lead singer out of interest? I know he's had lots of problems with mental health and it has been one of the reasons the band still haven't released a full album (Petals was a mini-album).

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah I did think that they probably wouldn’t be booked as they aren’t really the sort of band at the fest these days, but Cigarettes After Sex subbed the FR last year and they’re pretty similar to Big Thief atleast. It could happen, but you're right probably not.

I don’t think they are, unless I completely misjudged one of those bands. CAS don’t strike me as out of place at R+L and their entire fan base must be teens with Tumblr.

Just now, CRW5252 said:

What have you heard about the lead singer out of interest? I know he's had lots of problems with mental health and it has been one of the reasons the band still haven't released a full album (Petals was a mini-album).

Not too much tbh. Was possibly a misplaced comment on my behalf. A friend of mine had just mentioned about them going on hiatus for a year and a lot of fans had issues with the lead singer being a dick at gigs etc. At face value, I think their music is excellent, but haven't ever seen them live to comment on it myself.

42 minutes ago, sebby123 said:

if the sziget festival hungary announcement is true then that means AM are effectively travelling around Europe etc all summer, another two weeks following that festival is RandL so surely that alters the argument that AM wont be at RandL because they are only in Europe at the start of summer and wont come back?

IF that sziget announcement is true I'd agree, but I highly doubt it is at this point...

51 minutes ago, Johnnieunders said:

Just dropping my first post here, personally feel now that when the announcement eventually drops it has to be huge and we should know the majority of he bill because what else could justify the wait? I'm aware that the line up a few years ago used to drop around March time, so I'm guessing we will get 2 "big" headliners and imo they should be foos and arctics although I can't see arctics doing it now unfortunately. 

I'm either expecting we'll get one of these 3 possibilities at this point:

- Headliners Brits Week, Full Lineup in March as per usual

- What we normally get in Feb (like all the headliners and a bunch of acts with day splits, but no stage splits) followed by normal announcement in march

- We just get everything Brits week in one go

5 minutes ago, Scrubb said:

You need to go to Trees at least once man, the atmosphere Is outstanding

Well maybe if the Leeds lineup doesn't do it for me this will be the year, I mean Creeper and Touche Amore are two of my favourite live acts.

5 minutes ago, Scrubb said:

Not too much tbh. Was possibly a misplaced comment on my behalf. A friend of mine had just mentioned about them going on hiatus for a year and a lot of fans had issues with the lead singer being a dick at gigs etc. At face value, I think their music is excellent, but haven't ever seen them live to comment on it myself.

I've seen them a couple of times, they are great live. I recommend you see them if you get the chance. Never seen any issues with the singer personally. 

1 minute ago, CRW5252 said:

I've seen them a couple of times, they are great live. I recommend you see them if you get the chance. Never seen any issues with the singer personally. 

Fairs man, they're definitely slept on by most, I think they have some proper tunes. Gonna have get down to a show

42 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Love Darlia, glad to see they’re finally back making music, I can fully imagine they’ll have a slot somewhere on the line up, not very high up I don’t imagine though

They’re very good I’d love to see them. I have them early on the NME in my prediction.

Edited by TheWaters

@dentalplan been looking at a few acts playing European festivals around August and one band I would absolutely love to see would be Cancer, but again, I suppose they’re highly doubtful right? If they were to be booked I could see them mid to high FR or early NME even but probably wouldn’t be booked would they?