Lineup 2018

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Hmm, keeps wittling down the amount of acts for nme headliner. The only people I can think of left are:

- Wolf Alice (assuming guys info is correct)

- The Hunna (assuming they ain't on the main stage)

- The Kooks

- Kygo/Silk City.

- Macklemore? (God help us)

- Childish Gambino? (only doing governors ball but I guess could do it?)

I guess maybe J Hus but I think it'll be more likely he is mainstage given how prominent his slot at Wireless is. Shikari now ruled out, imo Vaccines ruled out cause of Community, Panic don't seem to be releasing anything this year, Post & Lil Uzi exclusive at Wireless, Friendly Fires & Everything Everything at that lincoln fest, Marshmello exclusive at SW4 + C&S seem booked up there too, no fest dates for Wombats, Streets, Cage The Elephant, or Vampire Weekend

Pixies, Jungle, Travis Scott, Weezer, Annie Mac etc etc. Very possible one of them will be someone that's hardly been discussed.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

17 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

- Childish Gambino? (only doing governors ball but I guess could do it?)

he did gov ball last year. think his commitments to the han solo movie might rule him out but he could still be in with a slight shout if disney really are sending that movie out to die 

1 minute ago, pepesilvia said:

he did gov ball last year. think his commitments to the han solo movie might rule him out but he could still be in with a slight shout if disney really are sending that movie out to die 

The Han Solo movie comes out in May so surely the press stuff should be done by August?

He supposedly has new music coming at the end of the year so I reckon he's more likely to be about in 2019 if he's going to be touring

23 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

Shit whoops lol, thought I had seen somewhere it was this year mb!

27 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Pixies, Jungle, Travis Scott, Weezer, Annie Mac etc etc. Very possible one of them will be someone that's hardly been discussed.

Jungle I guess is fair. Pixies I sincerely doubt are playing, and I think Travis would sub. NME could do a closing set, but considering people on here were discussing her for a Dance headline act she surely can't be that big right? (tho then again people thought Fatboy Slim would healine the NME last year so).

15 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Shit whoops lol, thought I had seen somewhere it was this year mb!

Jungle I guess is fair. Pixies I sincerely doubt are playing, and I think Travis would sub. NME could do a closing set, but considering people on here were discussing her for a Dance headline act she surely can't be that big right? (tho then again people thought Fatboy Slim would healine the NME last year so).

According to efestivals Pixies are a strong rumour for leeds though?

1 hour ago, Bandit Tom said:

Anybody thought about Thirty Seconds To Mars? They've got no plans for late August, they're on the festival circuit in June with Rock Am Ring, could potentially come back for a co-headline?

I wouldn't mind it - but I don't think it would be too well received by some. Also they probably have a north American tour scheduled for then or jared leto probably has some other projects going on.

29 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Does anyone know a grunge/rock band from Blackpool called Darlia? Do you guys think they have a chance of playing?

Id be happy with Darlia, although the lead singer is apparently a dick. If we're talking Blackpool bands, I'd take Strange Bones anyday, they are fucking mental

Edited by Scrubb
  • Like 2

Just dropping my first post here, personally feel now that when the announcement eventually drops it has to be huge and we should know the majority of he bill because what else could justify the wait? I'm aware that the line up a few years ago used to drop around March time, so I'm guessing we will get 2 "big" headliners and imo they should be foos and arctics although I can't see arctics doing it now unfortunately. 

Arctics to be announced for seven European festivals tomorrow

Primavera Sound, Spain, 30 May-3 June

Best Kept Secret, Netherlands, 8-10 June

Rock Werchter, Belgium, 28 June-1 July

Open'er, Poland, 4-7 July

Nos Alive, Portugal, 12-14 July

Mad Cool, Spain, 12-14 July

Sziget, Hungary, 8-15 August

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, danz026 said:

Arctics to be announced for seven European festivals tomorrow

Primavera Sound, Spain, 30 May-3 June

Best Kept Secret, Netherlands, 8-10 June

Rock Werchter, Belgium, 28 June-1 July

Open'er, Poland, 4-7 July

Nos Alive, Portugal, 12-14 July

Mad Cool, Spain, 12-14 July

Sziget, Hungary, 8-15 August

Out of interest, how do you know? 

1 minute ago, Johnnieunders said:

Out of interest, how do you know? 

On the mad cool thread, there's a guy saying that someone guessed those seven on reddit, and an ITK type said "7/7"

In terms of UK performances from them, I'm guessing it'll be a homecoming show in Sheffield (possibly Tramlines), Wembley and maybe TRNSMT.

• Upvote 1

if the sziget festival hungary announcement is true then that means AM are effectively travelling around Europe etc all summer, another two weeks following that festival is RandL so surely that alters the argument that AM wont be at RandL because they are only in Europe at the start of summer and wont come back?

5 minutes ago, sebby123 said:

if the sziget festival hungary announcement is true then that means AM are effectively travelling around Europe etc all summer, another two weeks following that festival is RandL so surely that alters the argument that AM wont be at RandL because they are only in Europe at the start of summer and wont come back?

I'd say if anything a Sheffield home coming show and 1 big stadium gig is what they will do this year as previously said, kinda gutted because if R&L had foos and arctics then that would be a big statement imo 

8 minutes ago, danz026 said:

On the mad cool thread, there's a guy saying that someone guessed those seven on reddit, and an ITK type said "7/7"

In terms of UK performances from them, I'm guessing it'll be a homecoming show in Sheffield (possibly Tramlines), Wembley and maybe TRNSMT.

Yeah actually I read that reddit thread 

4 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Are Grizzly Bear and Big Thief shouts for the FR Stage? They're both doing European fests in August and I think they could go down well as headlining and subbing the stage respectively.

Very doubtful. They’ll be at Green Man and probably EotR respectively, and I know there’s sometimes crossover but it’s stuff that could easily be at R+L anyway, whereas I don’t think either of those suit at all anymore.