Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, danz026 said:

Have you been to Beni before? It's basically an English enclave in Eastern Spain. 90% of the attendees are drunk British youths.

Nope never been. I saw it was in Soain so made that point. Anyway even ignoring that, the fact that everyone up to and including them would be subs or headliners kinda shows that I doubt they’d accept NME. 

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think there would’ve been if Foo Fighters weren’t nailed on. Two of Glastonbury’s last year’s headliners probably wouldn’t fly.

For some reason I keep imagining they surprise everyone and give us green day, radiohead and iron maiden as the headliners.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

I’d be very happy with Radiohead tbf, but I really can’t see it. 

Radiohead said theyd be going on a 'mini tour' in 2018 and surely it has to be more than just south America. I'm really annoyed that they only played the roundhouse as their London shows for this tour I want them to do another huge show somewhere. 

But yeah , reading is very unlikely :(

1 hour ago, danz026 said:

I've given up on Arctics headlining this or FIB. Final predictions from me:

Reading Friday: Royal Blood and Imagine Dragons coheadline with Nothing But Thieves third down. Catfish & The Bottlemen on the NME.

Reading Saturday: Kendrick Lamar, subbed by Travis Scott with Chvrches third down. Wolf Alice headlining the NME.

Reading Sunday: Foo fighters, subbed by Courteeners with the Hunna third down. The Vaccines headlining the NME.

CHRVCHES wont be coming back as a 3rd down when thats the slot they played in 2016...

So I know this is very very unlikely but yesterday I was talking to me mum and had oasis in the back ground and she said that on the news were details about Liam and Noel both saying they want to start up again but the only thing stopping them is noels wife as he has a family and all that shit. So I was thinking potential Glasto headliner in 2019 or 2020? Very unlikely yes but a dream.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Nah not my aunt haa! Yeah my mum is a proper leader of the sesh gremlins! Love how you instantly get a downvote when you mention oasis :rofl:

I'll risk it...

I don't think they'll be getting back together in a hurry. Even if they are talking, even if they've been in communication years and it's all a PR show at the moment; Liam's solo career has really taken off and he's headlining festivals while Noel's might not be as strong as it was but he's getting to do the music he wants now so they've got enough going for them on their own to stave off reuniting and putting themselves through it all again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Edduk98 said:

So I know this is very very unlikely but yesterday I was talking to me mum and had oasis in the back ground and she said that on the news were details about Liam and Noel both saying they want to start up again but the only thing stopping them is noels wife as he has a family and all that shit. So I was thinking potential Glasto headliner in 2019 or 2020? Very unlikely yes but a dream.

Oasis reunion is just a matter of time now. They’ve reconciled their brotherly relationship so that’s a start, although for now I think two separate successful music careers will be allowed to carry on. I think the reunion is still several years away, but it’s definitely going to happen eventually. 

So slightly off topic from what's been talked about recently but I've noticed there hasn't been tons of discussion as far as the pit/lock up/heavier side of the main and nme.  

Couple of bands around Europe in august that seem like obvious choices in Northlane and Beartooth. Both seem like bands that Dan would want on the pit. Dropkick Murphys and Gogol Bordello are also around and could play on the main or the pit or possibly the nme. 

Is Enter Shikari pretty much nailed on seeing as they aren't doing Download? Anyone think there's any chance of Neck Deep playing two years in a row, maybe higher up the main like 5th/6th down. Seems a bit unlikely due to their 3rd headline slot at download but maybe. What about Creeper, high up on the pit/ somewhere on the main? Also I've noticed Ghost is not doing download (as of yet, could still end up on the poster I suppose maybe as the third headliner for the third stage) but as usual are playing festivals all summer. Chance that they get brought back to play again?

Also Frank Turner is probably nailed on due to no appearance at all last year right? 

Any sort of rumours in this department would be awesome I came over from Canada for Leeds 13,14,15,16 but couldn't make it last year and am really hoping to make it back this year. But the somewhat late announcement is killing me! 

2 minutes ago, tbrock said:

Is Enter Shikari pretty much nailed on 

Rob commented on twitter saying they arent playing as far as i remember

3 minutes ago, tbrock said:

. What about Creeper, high up on the pit/ somewhere on the main?

Yeah shit is pretty likely, i imagine towards the bottom of main

4 minutes ago, tbrock said:

Also Frank Turner is probably nailed on due to no appearance at all last year right? 

Most likely will play with mongol horde, as they are currently touring. When I saw them yesterday, they said they had plans for an album release so i imagine that should nail them on for reading, probably the pit / lock up

1 hour ago, tbrock said:

So slightly off topic from what's been talked about recently but I've noticed there hasn't been tons of discussion as far as the pit/lock up/heavier side of the main and nme.  

Couple of bands around Europe in august that seem like obvious choices in Northlane and Beartooth. Both seem like bands that Dan would want on the pit. Dropkick Murphys and Gogol Bordello are also around and could play on the main or the pit or possibly the nme. 

Is Enter Shikari pretty much nailed on seeing as they aren't doing Download? Anyone think there's any chance of Neck Deep playing two years in a row, maybe higher up the main like 5th/6th down. Seems a bit unlikely due to their 3rd headline slot at download but maybe. What about Creeper, high up on the pit/ somewhere on the main? Also I've noticed Ghost is not doing download (as of yet, could still end up on the poster I suppose maybe as the third headliner for the third stage) but as usual are playing festivals all summer. Chance that they get brought back to play again?

Any sort of rumours in this department would be awesome I came over from Canada for Leeds 13,14,15,16 but couldn't make it last year and am really hoping to make it back this year. But the somewhat late announcement is killing me! 

I'm a massive Neck Deep fan and went to there pop up shop in Sheffield a few weeks ago to meet them all, asked Ben Barlow if they were doing Leeds this year and he said not this year... unfortunately I'm gonna take that as fact (I'm gonna look like an idiot now if he was having me on) but after TPATP I'm relatively sure they'll be main stagers next time they play it... as for headlining on the Friday at Leeds which is traditionally punk I can see it being another throwback like 2016 when they had Good Charlotte... so Sum 41, The Offspring or the likes of that