Lineup 2018

9 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Sorry its a bit off R&L but im looking at maybe trying Bestival and didnt know whether they actually do day tickets or just weekend tickets? Anyone got answers :) Also does anyone know what rumours there are for Bestival? Thank You!! 

Day tickets will be on sale at a later date, usually around £45-50 I think. 

Not a lot rumours wise as they've made plenty of chances/cost-cutting etc. and it all seems up in there. Educated guesses, Justice, The Streets, NERD, but nothing concrete. There's also speculation about Britney Spears because she's around at the time. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Dan Wilcox said:

Day tickets will be on sale at a later date, usually around £45-50 I think. 

Not a lot rumours wise as they've made plenty of chances/cost-cutting etc. and it all seems up in there. Educated guesses, Justice, The Streets, NERD, but nothing concrete. There's also speculation about Britney Spears because she's around at the time. 

Okay thank you dude!

43 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

No new license application according to Reading Councils website but idk if its just because they havent updated it

Screenshot_20180125-103420.png

it might be that it's been approved already - in which case it would probably be under a different part of the website 

EDIT: actually probably not, just read the tweet again 

Edited by the wonderwhy

17 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

There's meant to be a few announcements Monday/next week so is it quite likely we will get our first poster next week? They said it's not long until the announcement over 2 weeks ago now which is already a piss take. SO next week is seeming likely in my eyes. 

If we dont get an announcement of an announcement by friday I think it's extremely likely we have to wait till Brits week... I think that post was a mistake tbh as it has just made people more angry than anything.

I was looking into this a few days ago and couldn't see anything about it. 

My theory is basically this years festival is going to sell out regardless because there is no Glasto. It doesn't make sense for them to add in extra acts/stages. It would increase costs and bring in no extra revenue. can't think of many companies who would do that. 

I'm very skeptical about the rumors, but the only was i could see it happening is with an increase in tickets or a bump in price. What I saw though looking at previous license details, is that when the numbers have been bumped up, the approval has been given quite soon before the festival, not the start of the year. So...maybe....but I still don't really see it. 

The other thing is the size of the arena - it's changes a few times in the past an it would have to get bigger again to include an extra stage and more people. idk what the situation is at leeds, but I'd imagine it would be pretty easy at reading to add more camping over the river and move things about a bit. 

• Downvote 1

In regards to the announcement, I remember the days we had to wait till March. I'd sit patiently in front of the radio ready for Zane Lowe to announce what had already been leaked on eFests.

Compared to recent years this is a long wait, but credit where credit is due, they've drummed up a hell of a lot of interest. 

• Downvote 1

So i was thinking about the whole 2 stage thing again. Here is an image of what reading fest looks like from above and i can not see a second stage fitting in? They would surely have to remove some tents for it to work? The main stage is in the top right corner and the field space is just good enough for that one stage. A second main stage doesnt look like it could fit at all? Unless the main stage is smaller but there are two of them? That could work but in my opinion it wont work out at all.

2018-01-25_1549.png

15 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It won't be that difficult to get tickets. Recent trend seems to be tons of different pre-sales for high profile gigs so loads of chances to get tix (think for The National's shows last September there were different pre-sales on Mon, Tue, Wed and Thu before general sale on Fri).

Even with presales  some ticketing agents like axs and ticketmaster are awful. I'm always a pro at buying tickets but for pearl jam I had 2 presales and the only ticketing agents were axs and ticketmaster and it was impossible. I always am successful when it's with see tickets, amazon tickets or gigs and tours tho . 

And the o2 only has like 8000 standing capacity anyway so 

Edited by R Shah

3 minutes ago, sebby123 said:

any ideas how likely these bands are to be at RandL anyone?? The Wombats, The Streets, The Kooks??

I'd say The Wombats at pretty likely, new album and FR certainly like them. I do find it odd they've just announced another small tour, including one of my local venues that can't be anymore than 1000 capacity. Funny after they've just sold out a load of academy shows(I believe they're higher capacity?). I'd love The Streets to turn up, a tour, some new singles it could definitely happen as a bit of a surprise but I wouldn't say likely. The Kooks could do it, but personally I can't see it.

Edit: Basically this is a long winded version of the above post 

Edited by TheWaters

I don't think The Streets are relevant to a R&L audience in 2018. Charged ~£50 for their Brixton shows so I'm not sure R&L would be interested from that angle too. The Kooks are doing European fests in July / August so they're in the running. 

I think Macklemore could headline NME.

Edited by JSmurphy

Just now, JSmurphy said:

I don't think The Streets are relevant to a R&L audience in 2018. Charged ~£50 for their Brixton shows so I'm not sure R&L would be interested from that angle too. The Kooks are doing European fests in July / August so they're in the running. 

I think Macklemore could NME.

You say that but almost all of my friends (Between ages of 15-22) love The Streets or grew up on Original Pirate Material. I'd say they're still pretty relevant and would definitely get a crowd. I do think it's unlikely, however.