Lineup 2018

13 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I've had them 7th Main and 4th NME when looking at my predictions, suppose they could headline FR. They headlined it last year though so maybe they'd be somewhere else? That said, The Hunna thankfully got confined to that stage twice in a row.

They didn’t headline it last year? They were about 3rd from bottom, I remember seeing them at about 2pm, tent was absolutely rammed, they played a similar position to what the hunna did 2 years ago. 

24 minutes ago, DR OK said:

Kendrick will be the big headliner, if you look at all the other festivals he’s playing the undercard isn’t too strong which I would guess means he costs a fortune

also with the rumours of no AM I am guessing they’ll do trnsmt, big weekend then Wembley and a northern stadium show 

Most other festivals he’s been announced for have been a fair bit smaller than R+L and ones that the likes of Lana Del Rey and Frank Ocean headline. Wouldn’t use it as an indicator for R+L.

45 minutes ago, DR OK said:

Kendrick will be the big headliner, if you look at all the other festivals he’s playing the undercard isn’t too strong which I would guess means he costs a fortune

also with the rumours of no AM I am guessing they’ll do trnsmt, big weekend then Wembley and a northern stadium show 

With the fact Hyde Park are still yet to announce their final headliner do you reckon we could see AM swap Wembley for that maybe? 

Would line up in terms of July dates for all their festivals that are rumoured. 

Plus I don’t think they’ve ever played it, yet Alex is a fan of the gigs as he’s been numerous times.

33 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

They didn’t headline it last year? They were about 3rd from bottom, I remember seeing them at about 2pm, tent was absolutely rammed, they played a similar position to what the hunna did 2 years ago. 

Sorry I didn’t mean they headlined it I meant to say they played it lmao. But yeah, they could do similar to The Hunna and play it first year, then headline it this year.

10 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

With the fact Hyde Park are still yet to announce their final headliner do you reckon we could see AM swap Wembley for that maybe? 

Plus I don’t think they’ve ever played it, yet Alex is a fan of the gigs as he’s been numerous times.

Hyde Park wouldn't surprise me, although I personally hope they don't as it's a rubbish venue.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DR OK said:

Actually yeah I completely forgot about the 4 locations big weekend this year. Wonder how easy it will be to get tickets. 

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

If it's the same as previous years then like 90% of them are only available to local people.

And they haven’t even announced the venue yet.

I might be totally wrong here but it rings a bell that the tickets don’t actually cost money, they’re just really difficult to obtain. 

8 minutes ago, danz026 said:

And they haven’t even announced the venue yet.

I might be totally wrong here but it rings a bell that the tickets don’t actually cost money, they’re just really difficult to obtain. 

Yeah I know, I'm just saying that unless a leg of it is announced to be near you it'll be very difficult.

I went in 2015 as it was in Norwich and my brother lives there so him and his friends all easily got tickets for both days. I tried (I don't live locally) and didn't get a sniff for either day.

1 hour ago, Fast Drones said:

Been finalising some tax returns this week, got a load of new clients cos we were taken over at work, one of which is a Mrs A Turner (Alex Turners Mum).  Was sorting her affairs and found a gift of £100k from Alex Turner labelled 'Reading and leeds money'.

Take it as you will but think that's AM nailed on.

Poor effort. Why bother? 

• Downvote 3

56 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Sunday 15th july , I am hooked on this theory. Yes it's probably a rubbish venue but the supports are normally good for BST and as long as they don't have the gold circle thing then it should be fine .

If AM are doing it then they should announce Monday/Tuesday 8am along with all the other festivals.

Obviously Wembley would be ideal though. Or knewborth/milton keynes but doubt it. As long as they don't just do an arena tour and leave any outdoor south gig till 2019 - they're so hard to get standing tickets and the o2 is awful and that's the biggest place.

Edited by R Shah

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

I've had them 7th Main and 4th NME when looking at my predictions, suppose they could headline FR. They headlined it last year though so maybe they'd be somewhere else? That said, The Hunna thankfully got confined to that stage twice in a row.

As they played FR last year so I think they’d hope for a bigger slot on a different stage this year.

Not relevant but I had a beer with Matt Thomson (the singer) at the Cribs gig in Reading a couple of weeks ago, lovely bloke. 

27 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Sunday 15th july , I am hooked on this theory. Yes it's probably a rubbish venue but the supports are normally good for BST and as long as they don't have the gold circle thing then it should be fine .

If AM are doing it then they should announce Monday/Tuesday 8am along with all the other festivals.

Obviously Wembley would be ideal though. Or knewborth/milton keynes but doubt it. As long as they don't just do an arena tour and leave any outdoor south gig till 2019 - they're so hard to get standing tickets and the o2 is awful and that's the biggest place.

If they do an arena tour I hope to god they do at least 3 dates in each city, otherwise I’m not getting anywhere near a standing ticket haha

7 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

If they do an arena tour I hope to god they do at least 3 dates in each city, otherwise I’m not getting anywhere near a standing ticket haha

It won't be that difficult to get tickets. Recent trend seems to be tons of different pre-sales for high profile gigs so loads of chances to get tix (think for The National's shows last September there were different pre-sales on Mon, Tue, Wed and Thu before general sale on Fri).

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It won't be that difficult to get tickets. Recent trend seems to be tons of different pre-sales for high profile gigs so loads of chances to get tix (think for The National's shows last September there were different pre-sales on Mon, Tue, Wed and Thu before general sale on Fri).

That’s true, shouldn’t be awful, but I can’t even imagine how big arctic monkeys will be upon their return, must have at least doubled in popularity since their last arena tour. Be interesting to see if they do arena tour or stadium tour though 

2 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

That’s true, shouldn’t be awful, but I can’t even imagine how big arctic monkeys will be upon their return, must have at least doubled in popularity since their last arena tour. Be interesting to see if they do arena tour or stadium tour though 

I'd imagine they'll do both. Arenas this Autumn/Winter and then stadiums next Summer alongside Glasto or R&L. It really won't be difficult to see them, don't worry.

I imagine you guys have been ignoring this idea cause you don't like the sound of it, but isn't it reasonable to suggest that the 1975 may have a chance of co-headlining, if not outright headlining?? There's no denying the effect they've had on modern music and just how massive they seem to be and how quickly they're rising. They've said they want to headline R+L, and the new album out supposedly before reading, and they would appeal to the younger demographic that R+L attracts that really aren't going to be happy with Foo Fighters. You might not like it, but it is certainly a possibility. If there is no AM, then having an act for the kids isn't such a bad idea, seeing as not everyone is into Kendrick.

• Downvote 9

1 minute ago, bigfish said:

I imagine you guys have been ignoring this idea cause you don't like the sound of it, but isn't it reasonable to suggest that the 1975 may have a chance of co-headlining, if not outright headlining?? There's no denying the effect they've had on modern music and just how massive they seem to be and how quickly they're rising. They've said they want to headline R+L, and the new album out supposedly before reading, and they would appeal to the younger demographic that R+L attracts that really aren't going to be happy with Foo Fighters. You might not like it, but it is certainly a possibility. If there is no AM, then having an act for the kids isn't such a bad idea, seeing as not everyone is into Kendrick.

They're apparently not touring until Autumn. We all know they're gonna headline as soon as they've active so it's not as if we're ignoring it because we don't want it to happen. We just think they're more likely for 2019.

11 minutes ago, bigfish said:

As Gucci Piggy said we have mentioned a fair few times that we predict them to headline in 2019. I can’t think of many who have said they don’t like the sound of it. 

1 hour ago, bigfish said:

As others have eluded to, they've been pretty consistent is stating they won't be on the road until around October, despite the album being released (supposedly) June 1st. Most are predicting they'll do the secret set this year and headline next.