Lineup 2018

38 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

They are but they've played both in the past.

Anyway looks like the Download announcement has been leaked in their thread and YMAS aren't on it.

I don't buy the leaked announcement, Black Stone Cherry announced 2 Ireland shows the week of Download, I can't see them being missed out of the next announcement when they've rumored to be nailed on.

Expecting You Me At Six at Download.

Just now, Bandit Tom said:

I don't buy the leaked announcement, Black Stone Cherry announced 2 Ireland shows the week of Download, I can't see them being missed out of the next announcement when they've rumored to be nailed on.

Expecting You Me At Six at Download.

Haha was just reading your post in the Download thread when I got this notification. Fair play, we'll see tomorrow I guess.

Unrelated note on six headliners rumour, specifically FOB; midweek sales for MANIA are in with 14,066. Think they'll be looking at around 22-23k finish on first week impact which is around par for the course of Save Rock and Roll five years ago but significantly down on Beauty/Psycho. Obviously opening frame sales is only a singular metric when addressing the size of an artist but it feels like it offers a solid estimation of current popularity - particularly when they also factor in immediate streaming figures. That of course does help contribute to a roughly 33% opening frame drop off previous peak album sales from pre-streaming era - mid-2014 - plus some typical market degradation. 

For reference (because, yes, I'm fairly boring and analytical):

Paramore - After Laughter: (21,000)
Imagine Dragons - Evolve (20,000)
Kendrick Lemar - DAMN (31,500)
Royal Blood - How Did We Get So Dark? (48,500)
Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold (61,250)
Bring Me the Horizon - That's the Spirit (43,543)*

(BMTH's is the only release from outside the past twelve months, so assessing their current popularity is a little more difficult. I feel they may have significantly plateaued.)

(Infodump over.)

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

On catfish and the bottlemen - i understand the show they are announcing tomorrow is in London, but i agree with the general consensus that the guy saying it was all points east is having us on.

Guess it could just be a gig at the same site using the stage that'll already be set up etc and things could have been lost in translation.

So unless we get an announcement this week, could we possibly rule out an announcement until brits week? I'm really hoping for something by the 31st as most of my friends are planning on using the instalment plan but want to hear something about the lineup first, and the last day for starting the plan is the 31st. (I explained that very badly, sorry) I'm personally really happy with the likes of Kendrick, Foos, Royal Blood, Wolf Alice, and I reckon all of them are really likely. (I'd also love some Tame Impala and Arcade Fire, and hopefully Paramore!) Just a shame my friends are kinda betting on AM being there.

Also, if there's no announcement till brits week couldn't we see the 2 main stages thing as likely? If Dan's brits week info was true then the stage info is probably true too. 

Can't really give much of an opinion about the 2 main stages or where they could go as this is my first year at the festival, although from what I hear about the likes of Download and other festivals in Europe, it could work! I think knowing that there will be some better alternative to Imagine Dragons if they show up. (Pretty much anything is a better alternative to that).

Sorry for the lengthy post, just had a lot to mention :)

2 minutes ago, w0lfalic321 said:

So unless we get an announcement this week, could we possibly rule out an announcement until brits week? I'm really hoping for something by the 31st as most of my friends are planning on using the instalment plan but want to hear something about the lineup first, and the last day for starting the plan is the 31st. (I explained that very badly, sorry) I'm personally really happy with the likes of Kendrick, Foos, Royal Blood, Wolf Alice, and I reckon all of them are really likely. (I'd also love some Tame Impala and Arcade Fire, and hopefully Paramore!) Just a shame my friends are kinda betting on AM being there.

Also, if there's no announcement till brits week couldn't we see the 2 main stages thing as likely? If Dan's brits week info was true then the stage info is probably true too. 

Can't really give much of an opinion about the 2 main stages or where they could go as this is my first year at the festival, although from what I hear about the likes of Download and other festivals in Europe, it could work! I think knowing that there will be some better alternative to Imagine Dragons if they show up. (Pretty much anything is a better alternative to that).

Sorry for the lengthy post, just had a lot to mention :)

I reckon if we don't hear anything by the 31st then nah they wont announce anything till Brits week. IIRC though they start a new instalment plan most months though (with dates and amounts shifted around) so their aint that much of a rush

16 minutes ago, 19liam75 said:

Catfish will be announced for a festival called Deer Shed festival in the morning 

Surely Catfish are too big for Deer Shed?

If true though (I'm sceptical), it could make them a lot less likely for R&L because Deer Shed is just down the road from the Leeds site - would imagine they wouldn't want them playing at both. Although tbf they appeal to very different crowds.

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Surely Catfish are too big for Deer Shed?

If true though (I'm sceptical), it could make them a lot less likely for R&L because Deer Shed is just down the road from the Leeds site - would imagine they wouldn't want them playing at both. Although tbf they appeal to very different crowds.

I heard they're at deer shed too, & that they aren't playing r&l, but not 100%

4 minutes ago, sebby123 said:

has no one thought the delayed randl lineup is because of arctic monkeys delaying their dates as well? then again it could be because they want to announce foos/royal blood on brits week

Nah if arctics are booked it doesn't really matter whether they announce r+l at the same time as other dates or not tbh. 

Brits Week is very likely though - foos ,rb probably win best group, imagine dragons start their UK tour at the end of brits week and Kendrick will have just finished his UK tour by then.