Lineup 2018

55 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know some people used Lollapalooza Berlin as an example of how two stages side by side would work, but I just quickly looked on google maps to see how it looks and they're a lot further apart than I expected. There's no way they could fit that in the site at Leeds, they'd have to be a lot closer to each other. Don't know how close they could be though realistically.

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 23.56.40.png

Here's a better example of how it could work  from Osheaga festival in Canada that I went to in 2016. It was a pretty good system I have to say so I hope the rumours are true.

Osheaga-3-of-24small.jpg

1 minute ago, willutalk said:

Might’ve been mentioned already, so sorry for being a lazy sod here (I’m tired after work), but is there any substantial evidence to suggest that there will be this 2 stage system happening or is it just speculation? 

Guy who gave us the first poster early in 2014, and a few other correct bits of info since then (along with some incorrect info) told us it's happening along with a list of acts (Fall Out Boy, Royal Blood, Kendrick, Imagine Dragons, Panic! at the Disco, and said BMTH have been offered a slot). Since then we've had another person who was told Royal Blood, FOB and Arctic Monkeys would be headlining, which matches up with the above info, and we've also had someone today tell us that BMTH have an arena tour coming up that is embargoed until 24th August, which would suggest they're playing, and again backs up the initial info that was suggesting two main stages.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

we've also had someone today tell us that BMTH have an arena tour coming up that is embargoed until 24th August, which would suggest they're playing

Or... they received the offer to headline and their agent went "they don't think they'll be ready by then, but they'll do a secret set and use that day to launch the first single and announce the arena tour" lmao lmao

please book florence please book florence

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Or... they received the offer to headline and their agent went "they don't think they'll be ready by then, but they'll do a secret set and use that day to launch the first single and announce the arena tour" lmao lmao

please book florence please book florence

It's R&L and BMTH/Imagine Dragons are the worst possibilities therefore it'll be BMTH and Imagine Dragons tbh.

Not posted on here for a while... really can’t see foos not being booked. R/L consistently have that headliner that appeal to the pre-indie rock revival audience- Muse (or arguably Eminem) last year, Chilli Peppers in 2016, Metallica 2015, Blink 2014 and so on, so to miss out on Foos and go for something like FOB/BMTH would be a serious error. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

So many acts being thrown about, is it still more than likely for foos to be there? Or they being rulled out now? Hope not :(

Not at all. If it's the normal stage set up I'd say they're still nailed on, but if the second stage info is true then it's harder to say.

Also, I reckon Alt-J should be appearing this year... limited U.K. dates at the moment only doing a little seaside tour in September, a show at the o2 arena and one for War Child. They’ve been at R/L all times when they’ve released a record, so I wouldn’t be surprised.

1 minute ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Also, I reckon Alt-J should be appearing this year... limited U.K. dates at the moment only doing a little seaside tour in September, a show at the o2 arena and one for War Child. They’ve been at R/L all times when they’ve released a record, so I wouldn’t be surprised.

I said they could be an unexpected coheadliner a couple of months back, but I've since realised that's less likely. Doubt they'd book them as subs again because R&L hardly ever repeat book a sub - they either bump them up or don't book them again. Don't think they'll be at R&L, I'm predicting them for Parklife, but I think they could be a shout for Bestival too? Don't know too much about rumours for Bestival though.

2 hours ago, Pineapples said:

Well that would be a bit shit, not believing that thou

Good call. It were a joke.

2 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Quite possible Empire of the Sun will have some new music out this year, would be a huge curve ball but would be a great NME headliner imo.

Nah not big enough. Never been big enough, in fact.

1 hour ago, mylesharrison said:

Hoping for some violent soho 

DZ Deathrays have a new album - they would be killer.

13 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Chance to sub instead of Travis Scott? Playing Summer Sonic and at least he can headline Wireless unlike that shitc**t

Yeah possibly. He has an album coming out soon and I’m guessing it’ll be a bigger deal than even his mixtapes were.

6 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Still hoping for Yelawolf lol I hope every year, then get disappointed every year lol

Long may that continue.