Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I think Royal Blood are bigger than BMTH tbh.

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Swap Travis and Panic surely? Travis must6 be bigger and would stop the double act of late 00's pop emo bands

Just now, Andre91 said:

Definitely agree. 

Wasn't trying to get the acts in the exact spots they'd play, just try to show roughly how it'd look. There'd definitely be some swaps/changes from what I posted, but in general I'd think it'd look something along those lines.

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Swap Travis and Panic surely? Travis must6 be bigger and would stop the double act of late 00's pop emo bands

Yep was gonna say this, too. I imagine they'd have the two stages having some kind of sensible order, too, so Travis Scott > Kendrick on one and PATD > FOB on the other makes more sense.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yep was gonna say this, too. I imagine they'd have the two stages having some kind of sensible order, too, so Travis Scott > Kendrick on one and PATD > FOB on the other makes more sense.

Panic! Sold out two Ally Pally dates. Is there actually any evidence that Travis is as big as the slots everyone on here is putting him?

17 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Wasn't trying to get the acts in the exact spots they'd play, just try to show roughly how it'd look. There'd definitely be some swaps/changes from what I posted, but in general I'd think it'd look something along those lines.

Looks good. I like the idea of main stage acts getting proper set lengths, which (providing its true) should happen unless they balls it up by spreading 20 acts across the two mains.

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

you sure know your ally pally trivia

Just some classic R&L section shit right there

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

He headlined a day at Sziget last year

Different countries and he also subbed Wireless last year, the same spot as Nas who was third down the NME stage. I'm not saying he couldn't sub, but people are talking as if it's a must and he can't play any lower where as far as I'm aware there's no evidence for that

2 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Just some classic R&L section shit right there

Different countries and he also subbed Wireless last year, the same spot as Nas who was third down the NME stage. I'm not saying he couldn't sub, but people are talking as if it's a must and he can't play any lower where as far as I'm aware there's no evidence for that

Well, you could say the same for the Courteeners who outside of greater Manchester don't get anywhere near as high of a slot. I think a lot of people regarded him as the strongest Wireless sub.

Travis Scott was a special guest sub under Skepta who would have needed the help shifting tickets.

Nas subbed The Weeknd who don't need such help.

Travis Scott would defo get a bigger slot than Panic.

Actually excited for this lineup to drop now. For some reason I'm still always interested in the R&L lineup even though I'm 99% not gonna go. But with the possibility of the two main stage thing and the fact I wanna go to a Kendrick day I'm looking forward to seeing what they've got.

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Well, you could say the same for the Courteeners who outside of greater Manchester don't get anywhere near as high of a slot. I think a lot of people regarded him as the strongest Wireless sub.

I honestly never once asked myself “who is the strongest Wireless sub this year?”.

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Is that in response to my "different countries"? Because people who live in Manchester will attend R&L, unlike people who live on the 'Island of Danube'

Edited by Steve1000

11 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Is that in response to my "different countries"? Because people who live in Manchester will attend R&L, unlike people who live on the 'Island of Danube'

Yes I was just struggling to find another analogy :P

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I honestly never once asked myself “who is the strongest Wireless sub this year?”.

Neither did I, but a couple of my friends who are into rep did and I know they at least considered him the strongest sub

I know some people used Lollapalooza Berlin as an example of how two stages side by side would work, but I just quickly looked on google maps to see how it looks and they're a lot further apart than I expected. There's no way they could fit that in the site at Leeds, they'd have to be a lot closer to each other. Don't know how close they could be though realistically.

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 23.56.40.png