Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Friend's cousin is long-term with one of their mgmt, or something. I have no purpose in troling here, I stopped going reading a few years ago. Make of it what you will but I wish I could find a bookies that would take odds for this, lol

Fair enough mate. Do you have/could you gain any other information from this source?

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

Meant if the bands are correct and the two stages is proven to be bollocks. If BMTH are about even if this is all lies I think they'd be the RB co-headliner.

Said BMTH had been 'offered', not that they were among the playing acts though right?

Anyway why are we gonna take that list of acts as correct and then dismiss the two stages being reiterated? Comes part and parcel don't it?

2 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Fair enough mate. Do you have/could you gain any other information from this source?

The only other acts their manager does is alt-J, Will Joseph Cook and Suzie Wu (who I have never heard of). Maybe WJC may be there but I doubt any of the others at all

EDIT: This is according to Wolf Alice's manager's twitter i dunno if thats the right guy lol

Edited by Mattymooz

Just now, Dan Wilcox said:

I've got no info atm about the logistics of the 2 stage thing, but plenty of other places do it with no issues. Even Downloads second stage is outdoors and not too far away from main.

So who do you think is the headliners/sub/headliners summed up?

1 minute ago, pepesilvia said:

dudey rhino right in there immediately like jake gyllenhaal in nightcrawler

innit hahaha

I still think the soundcheck podcast people might have made it themselves to try and get their name out. Having looked at their following it's only a couple of thousand, why would anyone without a connection to them put them on a fake lineup announcement.

I do think it's feasible that the NME tent is now a stage, just obviously not of the size of Main. 

Main: IMAGINE DRAGONS, ROYAL BLOOD
New NME Stage: ???

Main: FOO FIGHTERS, Fall Out Boy
New NME Stage: Panic At The Disco!

Main: KENDRICK LAMAR, ???
New NME Stage: Wolf Alice

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paulmcm1998 said:

Think R&L could definitely have two main stages by making the NME bigger kinda like how T in the Park had two stages and T got quite a few big second stage headliners before like The Prodigy and LCD Soundsystem so i can definitely see it working for R&L but might create lots of bad clashes

Fall Out Boy and Imagine Dragons are exactly the kinda headliners you'd want for that second stage. Something people will part with cash to see on their own but a bit embarrassing as the main stage headline.

Tho I am inclined to think any two-stage setup would be two stages working in tandem as @huntyyy suggests.

51 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

If there were to be two main stages I'd expect it to be similar to the setup of European Festivals where they're very close together & they alternate - which would only be good for the Consumer because it would mean there was constantly an act on one of the two main stages.

I think that would a good way of doing it. Still a shame to get rid of NME (assuming they do).

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

Meant if the bands are correct and the two stages is proven to be bollocks. If BMTH are about even if this is all lies I think they'd be the RB co-headliner.

Yes but the guy who gave us those bands said there were no co-headliners. I find it very unlikely that 1/3 of the info he's given us is correct whilst 2/3 is false. It's either all gonna be true with some of those acts headlining the second main stage (unlikely), or it's not true (likely).

28 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I do think it's feasible that the NME tent is now a stage, just obviously not of the size of Main. 

Main: IMAGINE DRAGONS, ROYAL BLOOD
New NME Stage: ???

Main: FOO FIGHTERS, Fall Out Boy
New NME Stage: Panic At The Disco!

Main: KENDRICK LAMAR, ???
New NME Stage: Wolf Alice

Even if the NME became an open air stage rather than a tent, it's still gonna be the second stage in the same way as it is now. Why would it no longer being in a tent mean it's now a second 'main stage'? No one called the outdoor NME Stage at TITP a second main stage, no one calls the Other Stage at Glasto a second main stage.