Lineup 2018

5 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

If one was wrong then and in fact another act headlined who would you predict? Especially @Gucci Piggy since I personally thought that it would be Green Day...

That's pretty impossible to answer, there's so many acts that could be a surprise to most of us, BMTH, Florence & the Machine, Kanye, Drake etc. etc. I'd say if one of Royal Blood/Paramore, Kendrick, Foos is wrong then the next most likely headliner would be Arctic Monkeys, but really by nature of assuming an act could come out of nowhere then they should be pretty unpredictable, otherwise it's not really out of nowhere.

10 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

If one was wrong then and in fact another act headlined who would you predict? Especially @Gucci Piggy since I personally thought that it would be Green Day...

Quite a few examples, Green Day (as you said), Florence & The Machine, Kanye, possibly Drake or as discussed earlier someone like BMTH. Just all less likely than the ones we’re thinking now.

Edit: For fucks sake @SomeoneListeningIn literally the same points.

Edited by Dangerbreaks
I type slowly

25 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Yeah pretty much what the others have said above. Arctic Monkeys would make sense and if it were Foos who miss out then I'd definitely expect them. R&L's social media were pushing Drake not too long back so if Kendrick wasn't there I could see that, but I don't know if he has any touring plans. Someone from Live Nation said Kanye was coming to Europe this year. If that is still happening then he could be an alternative to Kendrick, too. Florence is definitely still a shout, and she could replace any of Royal Blood/Paramore/Kendrick in that group and it still look normal. Imagine Dragons as a co-headliner wouldn't surprise me in the slightest either, if one of Royal Blood/Paramore miss out.

If Foos aren't there and they don't have Arctic Monkeys for whatever reason then fair enough they could have gone all out for Green Day. Failing that, I don't see it. They're certainly less likely than any act who actually has touring plans for the Summer. Let's not forget Muse were still actually touring all Summer, too, they just didn't have anything in Europe. If Green Day had been announced for Gov Ball it'd be more comparable. I can't remember the last time R&L had a worldwide exclusive headliner.

If the announcement isn’t until after Brit awards (21st Feb). That means Kendricks UK dates will be done.

also

British Group: Royal Blood

International Group: Foo Fighters

International Male Solo: Kendrick

if those three are the headlines every each of them is up for a Brit award and just played a show in the UK 

Glastonbury not being on will likely have little to no effect on the lineup at all in reality, some bands touring schedules may be slightly different than they would have been and perhaps it'll be a bit easier to get more exclusives but apart from that it'll probably look very much like a normal R&L lineup, nothing more and nothing less.

8 minutes ago, j.gibbard said:

So I made a thing.

The Killers or Foo Fighters could also headline

Reading Predicted Line-Up.png

Welcome to efests!

Think Foo Fighters are pretty nailed on at this point, definitely replace one of those (probably Arctics) with them. Very little chance The 1975 will be there but even if they were they'd be headliners by now. Imagine Dragons are probably coheadliners now, you could just move them up in your prediction to coheadline with Royal Blood and add in another sub. Two Door Cinema Club won't play that slot a second year in a row either.

The rest is all feasible, there's been info that Wolf Alice are gonna be headlining NME tho. It's also been debated whether The Wombats would be 3rd or 4th main but I could see 3rd happening, maybe more likely on the Foos day though as they're such a strong headliner.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Welcome to efests!

Think Foo Fighters are pretty nailed on at this point, definitely replace one of those (probably Arctics) with them. Very little chance The 1975 will be there but even if they were they'd be headliners by now. Imagine Dragons are probably coheadliners now, you could just move them up in your prediction to coheadline with Royal Blood and add in another sub. Two Door Cinema Club won't play that slot a second year in a row either.

The rest is all feasible, there's been info that Wolf Alice are gonna be headlining NME tho. It's also been debated whether The Wombats would be 3rd or 4th main but I could see it happening, maybe more likely on the Foos day though as they're such a strong headliner.

Cheers for the welcome! I was debating on whether to put Foo Fighters or Arctic Monkeys, but my friend and I are so hopeful for the latter so I went for that XD. I agree with what you've said about Imagine Dragons; I think them and Royal Blood together could definitely happen. I put the 1975 since they're releasing a new album early this year.

Edited by j.gibbard

Just now, j.gibbard said:

Cheers for the welcome! I was debating on whether to put Foo Fighters or Arctic Monkeys, but my friend and I are so hopeful the latter so I went for that XD. I agree with what you've said about Imagine Dragons; I think them and Royal Blood together could definitely happen. I put the 1975 since they're releasing a new album early this year.

Yeah a lot of people seem to be hoping for Arctics but it doesn't look likely that it's going to happen this year I'm afraid. And yeah The 1975 should have an album out but they're looking a lot more likely to headline in 2019.

12 minutes ago, AM0114 said:

What are the odds on monkeys headlining this year and can you explain your answer? Thank you

I would’ve normally said pretty decent odds considering their big comeback this year. However i’m thinking they’re unlikely simply because i believe the headliners are very likely to be Kendrick, Royal Blood/Paramore and definitely Foos. AM would 100% need to be a headliner & There’s no chance they can really make any of the others sub. So therefore i think it’s unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, Rhysob99 said:

Chances of the killers headlining??? Not seen anyone really mention them even though they’ve been announced to headline a fair few festivals 

Ideed, they have in fact been announced for Isle Of Wight festival about a month before, so it's pretty much impossible. IOW and Reading have never shared a headliner iirc

3 minutes ago, Rhysob99 said:

Chances of the killers headlining??? Not seen anyone really mention them even though they’ve been announced to headline a fair few festivals 

I don't think they're in Europe around R&L. I believe they're doing European fests in early summer instead.