Lineup 2018

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Some more Arctics news fer ya @Alfie Clayton - maybe bad for them playing R+L but means there’ll be a chance of seeing them this summer if true.

Wouldn't trust that, you can buy tickets for £80 of which AM haven't even announced. Very dodgy.

18 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Wouldn't trust that, you can buy tickets for £80 of which AM haven't even announced. Very dodgy.

Hadn’t looked at it but seems that the concept of the website is to buy tickets before they go on sale for a mark-up and get a refund if they don’t manage to get them. Looks ridiculously dodgy though as you say, they could just bottom out whenever. Nobody use it please.

Still though, there may be reason to believe that they’d be tipped off about gigs in advance. Won’t be long to find out anyway.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why would anyone pray that the band they want to see is playing British Summertime over any other London concert? :P

Cos then I get the bonus feeling of awesomeness that I predicted it right  haha - yeah you're right though any London gig is fine by me - although the bst presale would by quite handy as I have a Barclaycard so I'm guaranteed tickets 

Just now, R Shah said:

Cos then I get the bonus feeling of awesomeness that I predicted it right  haha - yeah you're right though any London gig is fine by me - although the bst presale would by quite handy as I have a Barclaycard so I'm guaranteed tickets 

It may be handy for you, but most Hyde Park gigs are pretty shit tbf. It's packed, you can't get very close without paying extra and you can barely hear the act. I'd definitely hope for a tour before hoping for BST If I were you lmao.

I have really wanted AM to headline however I remembered going to the Kasabian gig at Manchester Arena and had thirteen year olds knowing like Fire and the main songs off the latest album while them screeching girls that ball out lyrics so people can hear them. Leeds would be like that should AM headline and bigger opportunity for teenagers that only listen to a couple, 'indie teens' with there Do I wanna know' favourite song. The actual good ones from Humbug and SIAS would not make a great atmosphere. Foo Fighters though I believe would attract a more experienced age who sing. Though AM I want to see since I haven't seen them since the SIAS tour, I can catch them late this year and next year and chances are Foo's will hibernate for a bit. Overall my attitude has changed about it. Its not going to happen but with would be mental.

• Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I have really wanted AM to headline however I remembered going to the Kasabian gig at Manchester Arena and had thirteen year olds knowing like Fire and the main songs off the latest album while them screeching girls that ball out lyrics so people can hear them. Leeds would be like that should AM headline and bigger opportunity for teenagers that only listen to a couple, 'indie teens' with there Do I wanna know' favourite song. The actual good ones from Humbug and SIAS would not make a great atmosphere. Foo Fighters though I believe would attract a more experienced age who sing. Though AM I want to see since I haven't seen them since the SIAS tour, I can catch them late this year and next year and chances are Foo's will hibernate for a bit. Overall my attitude has changed about it. Its not going to happen but with would be mental.

Part and parcel of growing older listening to these big indie bands to be fair. Think part of the reason I hated AM (the album) was because when I watched them on tv at Glasto in 2013 there was so many screaming girls head to toe in AM merch and just didn't seem like the right atmosphere for a band like them. It's evident that it's down to that 5th album that the demographic has widened which isn't a problem I guess, but the issue I have is the spots it takes up on their setlist with the success of that album. Due it being loved and followed so much despite it being a significant drop off from their first 4 projects imo it is more than likely this 6th album will be very very similar in style and distance itself from pre 2011 arctics yet again. Wouldn't be surprised if half their set was taken up by the 5th/6th album judging by the last time they did shows which would be an extreme let down. 

I am hopeful that this 6th album will change my mind however and they do actually impress me rather than let me down.

5 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Think part of the reason I hated AM (the album) was because when I watched them on tv at Glasto in 2013 there was so many screaming girls head to toe in AM merch and just didn't seem like the right atmosphere for a band like them.

AM was released after Glastonbury 2013?

I wonder what a 2018 Arctic Monkeys setlist is going to look like. I'm apprehensive that a bunch of their older tracks are going to get sidelined. 

8 or 9 from Album 6
AM: Do I Wanna Know, Arabella, R U Mine?, Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? One For The Road
Favourite Worst Nightmare: Brianstorm, Florescent Adolescent
Whatever People Say ...: Dancefloor, Mardy Bum
Suck It And See: Library Pictures
Humbug: Crying Lightning

Edited by JSmurphy

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I wonder what a 2018 Arctic Monkeys setlist is going to look like. I'm apprehensive that a bunch of their older tracks are going to get sidelined. 

8 or 9 from Album 6
AM: Do I Wanna Know, Arabella, R U Mine?, Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? One For The Road
Favourite Worst Nightmare: Brianstorm, Florescent Adolescent
Whatever People Say ...: Dancefloor, Mardy Bum
Suck It And See: Library Pictures
Humbug: Crying Lightning

I don't care what they do as long When The Sun Goes Down is in there, that's a banger. Did they do that on the last tour or not?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I don't care what they do as long When The Sun Goes Down is in there, that's a banger. Did they do that on the last tour or not?

They dropped it for Finsbury Park and Earls Court which I attended. They did play it at Reading but I'd bolted to see Nero long before it.

Edited by JSmurphy