Lineup 2018

3 hours ago, Luke Routledge said:

Foos announced for the Brits and name drops Reading. Think it make sense to announce it around then. 

Maybe theyll be announced second cos everyone kinda knows its probably goinh to be them - maybe surprise us with the headliner that no ones expecting And that we all predicted wrong . 

Off topic slightly - They have a free schedule in the 3 weeks leading up to the brits, it would make sense for them to maybe do Scotland and Ireland shows and possibly what they did with Glasto and play a gig at a small venue near reading/Leeds to announce it. I reckon secret shows are a definite though , it's probably too late for them to announce extra tour dates for February but secret shows would be classic foo fighters and they can't come all the way here just to play a few songs at one awards ceremony .

59 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Maybe theyll be announced second cos everyone kinda knows its probably goinh to be them - maybe surprise us with the headliner that no ones expecting And that we all predicted wrong . 

Off topic slightly - They have a free schedule in the 3 weeks leading up to the brits, it would make sense for them to maybe do Scotland and Ireland shows and possibly what they did with Glasto and play a gig at a small venue near reading/Leeds to announce it. I reckon secret shows are a definite though , it's probably too late for them to announce extra tour dates for February but secret shows would be classic foo fighters and they can't come all the way here just to play a few songs at one awards ceremony .

Reading and Leeds is nowhere near a big enough deal for them to do that. It'll just be announced normally.

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, Edduk98 said:

Honestly, id rather them announce Foos first so its just confirmed they are going! 1 - I really want to see them 2 - it's a fucking great headliner whether it's a strong rumour or not! 

I think at this point it's likely they'll all be announced together. I'm sure Foo Fighters will get to do their teasing on social media too but they'd be leaving it late for separate headliner announcements now.

5 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I personally haven't minded waiting a bit longer provided we get more than 10 acts like we usually get.

yeah its been good waiting getting more excited and more time to speculate but I definitely wouldn't want to wait much longer than January. And yeah i feel like a larger announcement than normal is coming after waiting this long compared to recent years. I originally thought that they would release the lineup in a similar fashion to normal just 1 headliner in jan,feb,march. But now I think that we will be getting an announcement similar to the late february announcement with all three headliners and some acts like we did last year, or perhaps in a similar way to download releasing the headliners and some acts over a few days.

Currently holding out for announcement this month. Please. I need to see Kendrick announced. I'm very close to spending £113 to see him in Birmingham on the 9th Feb but there'd be no point if he was playing Reading. Need an announcement before 2nd Feb(probably the last day I'll be able to order and get ticket on time) please haha.

1 minute ago, Jayvk said:

Currently holding out for announcement this month. Please. I need to see Kendrick announced. I'm very close to spending £113 to see him in Birmingham on the 9th Feb but there'd be no point if he was playing Reading. Need an announcement before 2nd Feb(probably the last day I'll be able to order and get ticket on time) please haha.

They might announce Kendrick as the second one in the time around his UK tour tbh.

Feel like it's possible we could get it on Friday with this today getting everybody engaged with them on social media again then an announcement of the date tomorrow possibly. Who knows.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Look at the responses on this shit Jesus Christ.

I know but they're not like us and enjoy speculating about who could be performing etc, for many it's arctic monkeys or bust it seems.

2 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I mean not that anyone was expecting the whole poster any time soon, but it's definite we won't now with "First 2018 lineup announcement"

Well yeah the whole poster was obviously not coming now. We never get that until into the Summer do we? Could still get the main announcement, though. The one we've got at the end of February recently.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Well yeah the whole poster was obviously not coming now. We never get that until into the Summer do we? Could still get the main announcement, though. The one we've got at the end of February recently.

Usually get a poster end of March with most of the bands on there.

23 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

In theory they wouldn't bother with the tweet unless it was gonna be this month, surely?

As I said earlier in the thread, if its the 4 we think Paramores tour would be over just before the last week of Jan.....

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah I realised I was stating the obvious there lmao. But yeah, the main announcement would be great and I think it's pretty likely.