Lineup 2018

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Kygo has mostly sold out the O2 hasn’t he? If you’re right I think he’d still be an NME headliner.

And I dunno but I guess even if Silk City was just a b2b DJ set it’d probably headline NME. Ronson is obviously massive and Diplo is pretty popular at R+L. Wonder what this thing will sound like as they’re both coming from quite different places musically.

Regarding Silk City, I heard they it's gonna be a nu-disco project. Think Bruno Mars' 24K magic crossed with Calvin Harris' Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1

Hi everyone, been following this thread for a while but was never bothered to post anything myself. Drafted this 'prediction' last night, I use the term lightly as I know there's a few questionable, out there bands on there. Would love to hear people's thoughts so I can kill more time waiting for the genuine announcement

5a3175d51e4d4_LEEDSFESTIVAL2018.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lukie74 said:

Hi everyone, been following this thread for a while but was never bothered to post anything myself. Drafted this 'prediction' last night, I use the term lightly as I know there's a few questionable, out there bands on there. Would love to hear people's thoughts so I can kill more time waiting for the genuine announcement

I'm pretty sure Modern Baseball are on indefinite hiatus.

1 hour ago, Lukie74 said:

Yeah buddy i was the same, this is my first post. really liking your line up, though i imagine Royal Blood would be higher. Love that you’ve suggested Brockhampton they’re killing it right now, would be sick if they actually turned up.

Oh. also what are the odds of Twenty One Pilots at Reading? Surely their new album would be out by then.

Edited by matty13

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Must have missed something.. is there a reason everyone thinks Wolf Alice are gonna be headlining NME rather than playing main stage now?

Someone (can't remember who) said he'd heard from a reliable source that they're headlining NME, or something along those lines. He seemed pretty confident and he wasn't a new user and had decent rep so no reason to doubt him, really. Wouldn't be much different to The 1975 headlining NME the other year, I guess.

1 hour ago, matty13 said:

Yeah buddy i was the same, this is my first post. really liking your line up, though i imagine Royal Blood would be higher. Love that you’ve suggested Brockhampton they’re killing it right now, would be sick if they actually turned up.

Oh. also what are the odds of Twenty One Pilots at Reading? Surely their new album would be out by then.

Would be very surprised if Brockhampton aren't their considering they are doing Frequency fest 2? weeks before R&L.

Twenty One Pilots were rumoured for Pukkelpop iirc but as they havent announced anything yet it's looking unlikely. TBH I could see them waiting till next year anyway so they can coheadline (as they're probs stuck at sub level this year)

14 hours ago, Jack w said:

@justanothername your gig list is impressive, are PUP good live?

Thanks bud, it needs an update and it's missing anything pre 2016 and yeah they're great live. I've only seen them in support slots though but they've always been great fun. Still need to grab tickets for The Menzingers tour where they're in support actually

2 hours ago, stefcia said:

I'm pretty sure Modern Baseball are on indefinite hiatus.

Yeah they are but they'll be back eventually. Don't know why the fans are treating it like it's goodbye forever, they never said that. They just said they needed to break and when I met Jake after a Slaughter, Beach Dog show he just said they were taking a break for a while, not that it's done. Anyway, they're one of my favourite bands so I hope they are not gone for long

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

Thanks bud, it needs an update and it's missing anything pre 2016 and yeah they're great live. I've only seen them in support slots though but they've always been great fun. Still need to grab tickets for The Menzingers tour where they're in support actually

Yeah they are but they'll be back eventually. Don't know why the fans are treating it like it's goodbye forever, they never said that. They just said they needed to break and when I met Jake after a Slaughter, Beach Dog show he just said they were taking a break for a while, not that it's done. Anyway, they're one of my favourite bands so I hope they are not gone for long

tbf modern baseball are probably paedos seeing as you're a fan of them

pretty gutting news really 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4