Lineup 2018

6 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Imagine Dragons announced as Frequency headliner

Jesus those guys don’t quit. Let’s hope V scoop them up.

Twenty One Pilots probably not playing next year then potentially introduces them as a headline option for 2019 again.

8 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

Would N.E.R.D go down well now at R/L just released a new album. Where would they play? Sub to Kendrick? NME Headline? Dunno how big they are these days I'm just thinking pharrell Williams star power. 

I just can’t imagine them playing at all. They’re pretty old and, frankly, kinda dated so I don’t suppose it would be that big a thing with teens and young adults going to Reading. Would make more sense on a Wireless or Lovebox or Bestival line up.

15 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I dunno. They were really dope last year but Im not sure how well their set up would work on the mainstage, and I cant see them playing on any other. Part of the vibe waa because it felt so intimate in the NME (though I am biased as tgat is my fave stage anyway.)

Would much rather see them skip this year and headline that stage next year off the back of a new album

Yeah that's fair. They looked amazing in the tent from videos, so yeah this would probably be the better option.

Quick question, how many of you actually want Foo Fighters, Kendrick and RB/Paramore or other co-headliner as the main acts?

I mean it would be worth the weekend price if that was the case but overall I don't know if it would be for me. Foo Fighters are iconic and the best rock band which I suppose would be solid on the Saturday, however like most I would one hundred percent prefer AM which it pains me to see optimism being dismissed.

I have seen RB and could see it again outside but doesn't have the same effect. I am also not the biggest Paramore fan.

Kendrick is not my music but would be that one in a lifetime chance to see the rapper as big as him in his prime. Overall it would be a great set for the neutral but it wouldn't make me excited.

Besides the longer FR wait, FF I feel are less likely as they announce certain events, plus they usually hint. We haven't had anything recently. I don't know, maybe my conscience is wanting them not to play to open an opportunity for AM but it wouldn't be the end of the world by any stretch of the imagination.

Wondered what you thought on the strongly rumoured, would you like them?

Edit: Imagine Dragons would spoil everyones image of a good Leeds, If FR are reading by a marginal chance, I beg not for them to play as co-headline or any space. 

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Quick question, how many of you actually want Foo Fighters, Kendrick and RB/Paramore or other co-headliner as the main acts?

I mean it would be worth the weekend price if that was the case but overall I don't know if it would be for me. Foo Fighters are iconic and the best rock band which I suppose would be solid on the Saturday, however like most I would one hundred percent prefer AM which it pains me to see optimism being dismissed.

I have seen RB and could see it again outside but doesn't have the same effect. I am also not the biggest Paramore fan.

Kendrick is not my music but would be that one in a lifetime chance to see the rapper as big as him in his prime. Overall it would be a great set for the neutral but it wouldn't make me excited.

Besides the longer FR wait, FF I feel are less likely as they announce certain events, plus they usually hint. We haven't had anything recently. I don't know, maybe my conscience is wanting them not to play to open an opportunity for AM but it wouldn't be the end of the world by any stretch of the imagination.

Edit: Imagine Dragons would spoil everyones image of a good Leeds, If FR are reading by a marginal chance, I beg not for them to play as co-headline or any space. 

I’m in support of those headliners. It’s a well justified bunch. 

I’d strongly consider going for Kendrick’s day - the price tag on his tour was extortionate and I don’t expect it to offer anything extra so would be pleased to have the chance to see him and another nine hours of programming.

I don’t think they need Imagine Dragons to headline nor would it be justifiable when they’re still coasting on that one song but I’ve got a nagging feeling that it’s the sort of shit FR would do simply because they’re there. A bit like Disclosure in that they haven’t really made the leap to headliners and booking them would only make the other band seem weaker. Saying that though, they booked them three times over the past five years and the world didn’t end so it’s not that much of a big deal.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Foo fighters are my favourite band ever and arctics are my 4th so either way I'm gonna be so excited. Paramore and RB co headline would be good - but nothing more than good. If they're gonna do a coheadline I would prefer it to be someone like catfish, 1975, 30stm or maybe even have Kendrick coheadlining with one to attract both genres on that day. I know kendrick is probably big enough to headline outright rn, but they still may do the coheadline. That would leave room for the 3rd headliner to be a completely unexpected band probably that that no one would rlly be expecting to make like a one off exclusive appearance . Someone who's not quite as big as foos/arctics but still big - so like kings of leon, green day (the only reason I'm saying they aren't as big is because their day at Bst Hyde park took like 6 months to sell out 65,000 tickets whereas foos sold out 220,000 in under 4 hours) , arcade fire, iron maiden, or maybe a long shot at like the strokes or something. Every year they catch us out with at least 1 artist whos been mentioned but never really a big rumour . I reckon people would only accept imagine dragons if theyre subbing the biggest act of the weekend - like they did with RHCP in 2016 - which also happened to be my first ever gig. Otherwise if they book imagine dragons I will be so annoyed . 

Edited by R Shah

Hi guys, I’ve been reading this blog for quite a while now so I thought Id finally say something. Next year will be my first festival (I’m coming from abroad, so excited even though theres no lineup yet haha!). 

As predictions come I would say the headliners would be:

-Foo Fighters

-Royal Blood/The Killers (coheadline)

-Arctic Monkeys

I based the Foo Fighters and the Killers from their tour dates as they look really good for R and L. The Pixies are in the same scenario. Royal Blood just because they seem likely to make an appearance and AM is more of a hope. What I dont get is why people are predicting Kendrick and Paramore. I cant make sense out of it considering they wont be on tour at that time. Then I again I might be wrong. 

What do you guys think?

Edited by Kurt Darmanin

11 minutes ago, Kurt Darmanin said:

Hi guys, I’ve been reading this blog for quite a while now so I thought Id finally say something. Next year will be my first festival (I’m coming from abroad, so excited even though theres no lineup yet haha!). 

-Foo Fighters

-Arctic Monkeys

I based the Foo Fighters and the Killers from their tour dates as they look really good for R and L. The Pixies are in the same scenario. Royal Blood just because they seem likely to make an appearance and AM is more of a hope. What I dont get is why people are predicting Kendrick and Paramore. I cant make sense out of it considering they wont be on tour at that time. Then I again I might be wrong. 

What do you guys think?

Welcome to the forum :)

Killers would definitely solo headline, way too big for a co-head. There was a definitely a reason behind people predicting Paramore and Kendrick so much, but I can’t quite remember why, someone will be quick to point out the reason soon though haha. Personally, I’d love Kendrick and wouldn’t mind Paramore haha. Arctic Monkeys are sadly just a bit of a hope as you said at this point, no confirmed album release date or tours or any shows in general. Think there was talk of them being rumoured for Tramlines? 

10 minutes ago, Kurt Darmanin said:

-Foo Fighters

-Arctic Monkeys

What do you guys think?

Hey Kurt, welcome!

Foo Fighters are a pretty good pick; they don't seem to be doing as many stadium shows as they usually would, the tour dates look good as you say and they're a pretty regular occurrence at Reading and Leeds.

Royal Blood too. Reading and Leeds boosted them big time on the first album and since before they last played people have been predicting them to headline on the second album, the tour for which should finish next year.

The Killers however are headlining Isle of Wight Festival, and the case of major English festivals sharing headliners is very rare. They're also a really big deal over here so I don't think they'd accept a coheadline situation where they have to support the other headliner at one site.

It's still up in the air with Arctic Monkeys and a lot of people think they'll headline still, but it might be too soon to have them back (they headlined in one of the last shows of the previous tour) - particularly if the new album isn't out in time - and also the owner of this site has heard that they aren't playing Reading in 2019. But yeah, such is the excitement about them I think they'll still be considered until they're completely ruled out.

Kendrick Lamar and Paramore are touring next year but haven't announced any festival dates, however in Kendrick's case this could be because none of the festivals he's doing have announced any acts yet, which makes sense because he's rumoured to be around in late summer. Paramore are just regulars at R+L who have a new album and it would make sense to be offered another headline slot but that's the only thing we have on them and probably the only thing we will have as they don't tend to do many other festivals in Europe.

Those names being mentioned, however, are just the ones we've convinced ourselves of on here. We haven't really any strong, substantial rumours yet but if you stick around you should hear of some, hopefully soon-ish.

2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Foo Fighters are iconic and the best rock band

You gotta listen to some more rock bands, buddy.

24 minutes ago, Kurt Darmanin said:

-Foo Fighters

-Arctic Monkeys

What do you guys think?

The Killers wouldn't co-headline, and they won't be there at all seeing as they're headlining Isle of Wight Festival in June (R&L don't share headliners with other English festivals and The Killers won't come back to Europe again in August).

Arctic Monkeys don't look like they're gonna be there. The owner of this website has heard they're not playing, there's rumours they're doing Tramlines instead, and they probably wouldn't have them and Foo Fighters in one year when they could just save Arctic Monkeys for another year.

The booker of a Spanish festival in May/June called Primavera has said that he couldn't book Kendrick because he isn't in Europe until late Summer. Most August festivals have either announced nothing or very little so far so we don't yet know what acts will be on tour at the time.

Paramore haven't played any UK fests since the release of their album last year and R&L is the only one they can realistically do at this point. FR also seem to have lost faith in bumping acts up to headline on their own (Foals, QOTSA and Paramore in the last few years were just as ready to headline as Royal Blood will be next year) so a lot of us think they'll find a co-headliner to go with them. As I said earlier, The Killers are too big for this, as is Kendrick who someone suggested a few posts back. Paramore don't tend to play other European festivals around R&L as they're not a big deal at all in the rest of Europe, so they'd probably just come over for R&L.

Edited by Gucci Piggy
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hey Kurt, welcome!

Foo Fighters are a pretty good pick; they don't seem to be doing as many stadium shows as they usually would, the tour dates look good as you say and they're a pretty regular occurrence at Reading and Leeds.

Royal Blood too. Reading and Leeds boosted them big time on the first album and since before they last played people have been predicting them to headline on the second album, the tour for which should finish next year.

The Killers however are headlining Isle of Wight Festival, and the case of major English festivals sharing headliners is very rare. They're also a really big deal over here so I don't think they'd accept a coheadline situation where they have to support the other headliner at one site.

It's still up in the air with Arctic Monkeys and a lot of people think they'll headline still, but it might be too soon to have them back (they headlined in one of the last shows of the previous tour) - particularly if the new album isn't out in time - and also the owner of this site has heard that they aren't playing Reading in 2019. But yeah, such is the excitement about them I think they'll still be considered until they're completely ruled out.

Kendrick Lamar and Paramore are touring next year but haven't announced any festival dates, however in Kendrick's case this could be because none of the festivals he's doing have announced any acts yet, which makes sense because he's rumoured to be around in late summer. Paramore are just regulars at R+L who have a new album and it would make sense to be offered another headline slot but that's the only thing we have on them and probably the only thing we will have as they don't tend to do many other festivals in Europe.

Those names being mentioned, however, are just the ones we've convinced ourselves of on here. We haven't really any strong, substantial rumours yet but if you stick around you should hear of some, hopefully soon-ish.

Stop wishing ur life away

Ok I get the idea now :) 

Tbh all I need is the FF and Royal Blood and I would be happy enough with the lineup. Thanks for the feedback! I know that the lineup usually comes out earlier, or at least parts of it, and that they re not following the usual pattern, but do you have any clue when it will come out?

Edited by Kurt Darmanin

36 minutes ago, Kurt Darmanin said:

-Foo Fighters

-Arctic Monkeys

What do you guys think?

Gave up on typing my reply once 3 notifications had come in all covering pretty much exactly what I was about to say lol, at least we are active ;)

welcome to efests and enjoy reading it’s a great festival. Also if you’re going for the whole time get Earlybird tickets if you want a close ish camping spot!

ADDITION

And yeah, we are waiting a lot longer than normal for the announcement but the best we can do is guess that they’re either changing the way that they announce the acts (eg. If they want to announce more acts in one go). Or they’re just delaying the process by a month.

Edited by Jack w

1 minute ago, Kurt Darmanin said:

Ok I get the idea now :) 

Tbh all I need is the FF and Royal Blood and I would be happy enough with the lineup. Thanks for the feedback! I know that the lineup usually comes out earlier, or at least parts of it, and they re not following the usual pattern, but do you have any clue when it will come put?

We're not really sure now that it doesn't seem to be following the usual pattern. Up until 2013 they just used to have a big announcement in March with all three headliners and most of the lineup, with nothing coming our before that. They may return to that strategy, but I think it's more likely that we'll hear something early in the new year. The first announcement may just have been pushed back for some reason.