Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Adele won 5 this year. Dunno if she's active next year.

Fair. If they do have an album by 2019 I reckon they'd be extremely likely to headline that year as I'd been struggling to think of both a marquee headliner and a heavier headliner and they'd satisfy both criteria.

Something like The 1975, Green Day, Kane would work well.

Edit: Okay Harry Kane headlining R&L

yeah Green day 2019 would be very likely in that case, ngl id love to see them play 2018 though seen them twice already I think they're quality

Nothing to do with the current discussion but I saw Pulled Apart By Horses last night, for the third time mind you, and they were honestly ace and consistently have been whenever I've seen them. Don't think there's any signs of a new album or anything for next year but I really do hope they play R&L.

On another note, The Hunna have announced they're releasing their second album in late May. There's no way they won't be at Reading now.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Nothing to do with the current discussion but I saw Pulled Apart By Horses last night, for the third time mind you, and they were honestly ace and consistently have been whenever I've seen them. Don't think there's any signs of a new album or anything for next year but I really do hope they play R&L.

On another note, The Hunna have announced they're releasing their second album in late May. There's no way they won't be at Reading now.:rolleyes:

Hunna will 100% be like 4th or 5th down main stage . Their fanbase is getting huge now especially among 16 year olds - a lot of whom will be at reading 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

More likely to be 3rd down considering how much they've blown up. 5th down is definitely too low.

Jesus Christ are they really that big??? I have them as 3rd down/subbing the NME. I don't really pay attention to who's popular or anything I just kind of assumed from their Spotify following/what kind of venues they're playing that they'd be similar in size to bands like Everything Everything and Glass Animals who played 3rd down and subbed NME respectively.

9 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Jesus Christ are they really that big??? I have them as 3rd down/subbing the NME. I don't really pay attention to who's popular or anything I just kind of assumed from their Spotify following/what kind of venues they're playing that they'd be similar in size to bands like Everything Everything and Glass Animals who played 3rd down and subbed NME respectively.

aye but they've had an incredibly quick rise in popularity compared to Everything Everything and Glass Animals. According to wikipedia they only formed in 2015, 2 years later look where they are.

If it wasn't for Blossoms playing 3rd main stage this year then I wouldn't say The Hunna would play that high. But it just seems to be the sort of booking that R&L would make nowadays.

13 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

aye but they've had an incredibly quick rise in popularity compared to Everything Everything and Glass Animals. According to wikipedia they only formed in 2015, 2 years later look where they are.

If it wasn't for Blossoms playing 3rd main stage this year then I wouldn't say The Hunna would play that high. But it just seems to be the sort of booking that R&L would make nowadays.

That's a fair point to be honest, I would've probably been predicting Blossoms 5th on main stage or NME sub or headline maybe? Yeah okay, could definitely see R&L boosting The Hunna in a similar way.

2 hours ago, Jayvk said:

That's a fair point to be honest, I would've probably been predicting Blossoms 5th on main stage or NME sub or headline maybe? Yeah okay, could definitely see R&L boosting The Hunna in a similar way.

I was at community festival in July and the hunna were 5th down the bill and the crowd for them was larger than 2nd, 3rd, 4th and nearly as big as the crowd for catfish (the headliners!). They released the album , toured playing small venues like o2 empire in London to 1700 people. Then they just kept on touring and without releasing anything more theyve now managed to sell out 1 show at Brixton academy to 4700 people on January 13th. That just shows how fast they're growing . They have their 2nd album out may - a long shot but it could reach no.1 if there's no other artists releasing that week . They have the potential to be absolutely massive .  Wouldn't be surprised if they're up to smaller arenas by the next tour.

6 minutes ago, mylesharrison said:

is there a chance they're waiting till Christmas to give us a lineup announcement with all this Christmas stuff they've been posting. Also begging for tame impala to play, flying all the way from Australia for this and need some home grown talent there

Welcome to efests!

Bloody hell that's quite a commitment! Are you coming here specifically for R&L?!

Not too sure about Tame Impala, obviously they're in Europe in July but I don't think it's likely they'll be here till the end of August. In terms of Australian acts I reckon King Gizzard and DMA's are decent possibilities to play.

Cheers dude, I've been keeping my eye on this forum for months I just figured its about time I joined haha! Aw man king giz are insane live they'd be a real treat! And yeah I'm coming just for the festival, It's been my dream to come to this it looks bloody insane, British festivals look way crazier than Aussie ones! 

On 16/12/2017 at 7:58 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

You realise Blossoms only album went to number one in the U.K.? I like the Hunna, but let’s be clear that Blossoms are a far bigger band at this point in time. 

On 15/12/2017 at 12:23 PM, JSmurphy said:

It was - the rumour were that two of the headliners were Twenty One Pilots and The Chainsmokers. They're on a complete social media hiatus, so I think they'll be revealing a new album / single / comeback before they're announced for any fests. Looking at the acts announced I think The Chainsmokers and Twenty One Pilots would be suitable headliners.

There’s another headline announcement for this tomorrow. Might be one of those pairs of pillocks.

• Upvote 1

Any chance we'd see Glass Animals back? I understand they played this year but I love them and unfortunately missed them this year. Any chance they could play 4th/5th down main? Probably never going to happen, but this is probably the best place to ask haha. No knowledge of a new album or if they'd accept that placement or if they'd be booked two years in a row.

2 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Any chance we'd see Glass Animals back? I understand they played this year but I love them and unfortunately missed them this year. Any chance they could play 4th/5th down main? Probably never going to happen, but this is probably the best place to ask haha. No knowledge of a new album or if they'd accept that placement or if they'd be booked two years in a row.

I dunno. They were really dope last year but Im not sure how well their set up would work on the mainstage, and I cant see them playing on any other. Part of the vibe waa because it felt so intimate in the NME (though I am biased as tgat is my fave stage anyway.)

Would much rather see them skip this year and headline that stage next year off the back of a new album

• Upvote 1