Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, Jack w said:

me lol, bought in january after i got paid for a short film i acted in and muse and eminem were announced.

That's not Christmas money then. But also I was completely joking. :P

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah tbf I don't think Green Day would be ruled out for that reason. They're defo not as big a deal as Arctic Monkeys.

Reckon they're more likely for next year if possible, tho. Struggling to think of a big rock band who seem likely for next year.

Maybe. I was just thinking in the circumstances that they play a few festival shows next summer at either side of the pond. Not sure if they'll have an album out in time for 2019.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

This is just proof that people who buy tickets in January don't care about the lineup.

really wanted to see Muse and Eminem who was already announced and wanted reading to be my first festival as it looked the best suited to me from previous lineups. Was a bonus that my fav bands like cabbage, blackwaters, the orwells, vant and frank carter ended up playing

i think thats fair enough lol

1 minute ago, Jack w said:

really wanted to see Muse and Eminem who was already announced and wanted reading to be my first festival as it looked the best suited to me from previous lineups. Was a bonus that my fav bands like cabbage, blackwaters, the orwells, vant and frank carter ended up playing

A few of those weren't announced until the end of March when the day splits came out!

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

hahah yeah would defo admit to being a bit of a nerd when it comes to music and festivals though, i think about them way too much haha. then again guess we all do as we talk about it in a forum everyday lol.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

A few of those weren't announced until the end of March when the day splits came out!

yeah yeah i know thats why i said it was a bonus that they ended up playing after id bought the ticket.

Edited by Jack w

9 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Oh yeah I was just making a joke that Muse and Eminem are trash :P

You replied before my edit by the looks of it. Eminem wasn't announced until 24th Feb :P

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe. I was just thinking in the circumstances that they play a few festival shows next summer at either side of the pond. Not sure if they'll have an album out in time for 2019.

yeah can't see green day having an album out for 2019 at all as they usually take massive gaps between albums but if they are playing any festivals anywhere next summer then i think that makes them super likely for Reading. I'd love to see them again.

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Oh yeah I was just making a joke that Muse and Eminem are trash :P

You replied before my edit by the looks of it. Eminem wasn't announced until 24th Feb :P

my bad must have either booked late feb or before eminem was announced then. Either way yeah i booked early bc i wanted to go to my first festival and was set on reading as it looked the best for me by far and i trusted that the lineup would be good enough for me to not regret it from previous years, and i like muse. :P 

Edited by Jack w

Just now, Jack w said:

my bad must have either booked late feb or before eminem was announced then. Either way yeah i booked early bc i wanted to go to my first festival and was set on reading as it looked the best for me by far and i trusted that the lineup would be good enough for me to not regret it from previous years, and i like muse.

Yeah no qualms mate was probably the same for most people when we went to our first R&L.

In fact mine was 2011 based on the fact Muse, The Strokes and Pulp were headlining :lol:

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah no qualms mate was probably the same for most people when we went to our first R&L.

In fact mine was 2011 based on the fact Muse, The Strokes and Pulp were headlining :lol:

hahah fair enough

out of interest, how did you know all 3 headliners before the announcement last year? i remember coming on the site on the lineup page and they were all TBC but i wasn't in the forums.

Just now, Jack w said:

hahah fair enough

out of interest, how did you know all 3 headliners before the announcement last year? i remember coming on the site on the lineup page and they were all TBC but i wasn't in the forums.

Basically the owner of this site gets info on who's playing festivals from sources. Sometimes he gets nothing for a festival and sometimes he gets loads, just depends how it falls. Last year he gave us all three headliners before they were announced, and it was quite a surprise as almost nobody was expecting Muse or Eminem.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Basically the owner of this site gets info on who's playing festivals from sources. Sometimes he gets nothing for a festival and sometimes he gets loads, just depends how it falls. Last year he gave us all three headliners before they were announced, and it was quite a surprise as almost nobody was expecting Muse or Eminem.

oh i see who were you all settling on before that then?

Just now, Jack w said:

oh i see who were you all settling on before that then?

Honestly last year we had no idea. There isn't seem to be any likely headliners aside from Kasabian who we were all predicting pretty much.

Some people were saying Muse as they normally have a massive rock band but it didn't seem likely that they'd still be touring (ended up doing a one (two) off European show at R&L).

Not sure after that really haha. I was predicting Green Day for a while but then they got announced for BST.

This year we have a much clearer idea of the main handful of contenders.

RaR/RiP 2nd anouncement is out:

Alexisonfire, Andy Frasco, Avatar , Babymetal, Baroness, Bausa, Beth Ditto, Chase & Status, Gurr, Heisskalt, Jonathan Davis, Kreator, Mavi Phoenix, Milliarden, Moose Blood, Muse, Pop Evil, Shinedown, Snow Patrol, Starcrawler, Taking Back Sunday, The Bloody Beetroots, The Neighbourhood, Thursday, Vitalic, Yungblud

I guess Snow Patrol and Chase & Status can be relevant? Can't see US bands staying until late summer in Europe...

13 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Btw was it Frequency that 21P were supposed to be at? If so, is there any chance they'll still be there after not being in the initial announcement?

It was - the rumour were that two of the headliners were Twenty One Pilots and The Chainsmokers. They're on a complete social media hiatus, so I think they'll be revealing a new album / single / comeback before they're announced for any fests. Looking at the acts announced I think The Chainsmokers and Twenty One Pilots would be suitable headliners.