Lineup 2018

It just shows the number of announcements LN/FR make, or have a stake in. Early last week was Download, Friday was Community, today Isle of Wight. Are they involved in TRNSMT,  as they've got another three to fit in (and were supposed to announce by the end of November). It will all be planned to the day.

Foo Fighters tend to trail their own announcements, even for festivals, so if it's them there should be some hints starting to come out from them soon.

(edit, meant to quote the question about it being "delayed").

Edited by WFD

I think the delay is merely to allow other festival announcements to sink in and let them be hyped up too. With the addition of QOTSA and Liam in finsbury park as well as being community being announced in december not february and then TRSNMT having 2 extra days and IOW and download too .

Edited by R Shah

I'm thinking that Foos and Royal Blood are gonna be 2 of the headliners (whether RB would coheadline or do it solo can be disputed, I really can't see them being as low as a sub though).

With the third headliner, I reckon the main two contenders are Kendrick and Arcade Fire. Kendrick would be the more inspiring booking. Would be the first hip hop headliner other than Eminem in 20 years, arguably one of / the best rapper in the world right now, ridiculously good back catalogue, at the top of his game and one of the most relevant artists worldwide.

Arcade Fire would be interesting, but it's questionable how relevant they are with the R&L crowd nowadays. I guess they could book them to win over a few would be Glasto-goers, but I don't really think that'll be as much of a contributing factor as some people say.

Arcade Fire look to be around at the right time of year, and there's been rumours that Kendrick will be too.

Don't really believe the AM shouts. Just doesn't seem like it's gonna be their year, and Foos look a lot more likely. Could be wrong though.

Basically, at this point I think It can be argued that the 4 contenders are Foos, Royal Blood, Kendrick and Arcade Fire (with a possible coheadliner with Royal Blood (Paramore??))

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

24 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Fair enough. Although it’s happened the last few years it’s not like it’s set in stone that they have to announce anything before Christmas anyway. 

They will be desperate to get the announcement out before Christmas though, that must contribute to a large spike in sales and if not a single band has been confirmed then less people will be asking for a ticket.

22 minutes ago, MontheBiff1997 said:

They will be desperate to get the announcement out before Christmas though, that must contribute to a large spike in sales and if not a single band has been confirmed then less people will be asking for a ticket.

They used to get on okay without selling anything before Christmas. And loads of people go regardless of who's playing. I agree it'd be preferable for the festival but they're not in any danger if it doesn't come in time for Christmas.

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They used to get on okay without selling anything before Christmas. And loads of people go regardless of who's playing. I agree it'd be preferable for the festival but they're not in any danger if it doesn't come in time for Christmas.

I think Reading would be ok but Leeds might flop if they don't take advantage of the Christmas present sales rush. Of course, the right line up will sell no matter.

I think based on this year they went:

Indie pop day with Kasabian and Bastille sub to satisfy the top 40 chart loving indie teens

Urban dance and hip hop with Eminem and Major Lazer subbing to satisfy the old school big name and urban crowd

Indie stadium rock with Muse and Liam Gallagher subbing to satisfy the rock/indie music traditional enthusiest.

I think this year will be:

Royal Blood with Paramore subbing on friday

Foo Fighters with Arcade Fire subbing saturday

Kendrick Lamar with Stormzy subbing sunday

• Downvote 5

3 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Jesus, you're hopeful.

On a real though they'd never have 2 headline sized bands (paramore and arcade fire) subbing 

Edited by MIchael_scarn

I do think there could be a place for Arctic Monkeys or Blink 182 as wild card options.

Also Post Malone with his new album out soon is hitting charts big and he alternates heavily between rock indie and r&b. If he doesnt hit the main stage about 4th down he will headline 1xtra with lil uzi vert. I also think 21 savage may make an appearance on the main stage but a lot lower like Migos this year

1 minute ago, Chad888 said:

Massively hopeful!

I know it will be something like Nothing but Thieves subbing Royal Blood they seem to fit together and under Foo Fighters probably Pixies 

If I was to guess headliners and subs at the moment i'd say: Foos, Royal Blood, Kendrick subbed by Catfish, A day to Remember, Stormzy. 

41 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Royal Blood and Paramore would coheadline. Not a chance Arcade Fire will be subbing anyone. They're either headlining outright or not playing at all. Stormzy subbing Kendrick is a good shot though, wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

46 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Massively hopeful!

I know it will be something like Nothing but Thieves subbing Royal Blood they seem to fit together and under Foo Fighters probably Pixies 

Nothing But Thieves Subbing? wut

48 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I do think there could be a place for Arctic Monkeys or Blink 182 as wild card options.

Also Post Malone with his new album out soon is hitting charts big and he alternates heavily between rock indie and r&b. If he doesnt hit the main stage about 4th down he will headline 1xtra with lil uzi vert. I also think 21 savage may make an appearance on the main stage but a lot lower like Migos this year

I expect Post to sub/headline the NME stage tbh. He's probably too big to headline the 1xtra, and hes defo too big to headline with someone like Lil Uzi (who is also too big probably for a solo 1xtra headline lol)

I think we are all pretty united then that we will get: (choose/one/of)

Royal Blood/Paramore/Arctic Monkeys/ Arcade Fire (i would throw imagine dragons and biffy clyro into this bag as cheap wild cards if they go all out expensive on getting foos and they all have albums coming out/come out that are charting)

Kendrick Lamar/Drake/Kanye West 

Foo Fighters (I would also throw in Blink 182 and Greenday as wild cards for big following bands for day ticket sellers)

Stormzy/J Hus/Dave

Post Malone/French Montana/21 Savage/ Lil Uzi Vert

I would be suprised if there wasnt 1 from each of my selection groupings headlining a stage/subbing

Personally i dont think Royal Blood has that big a following, they are still a bit niche to there genre whereas Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, Eminem are enjoyed or at least appreciated by general fans of music that prefer other genres and Muse are just huge stadium rockers. I dont know if i can see Royal Blood sole headlining selling many day tickets. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I think we are all pretty united then that we will get: (choose/one/of)

Royal Blood/Paramore/Arctic Monkeys/ Arcade Fire (i would throw imagine dragons and biffy clyro into this bag as cheap wild cards if they go all out expensive on getting foos and they all have albums coming out/come out that are charting)

Imagine Dragons maybe as a coheadline but no way Biffy will be back 2 years later 3 is kind of the minimum imo

35 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Stormzy/J Hus/Dave

Would be suprised if we dont get all 3 of these guys over the main & NME tbh

36 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I'm way less convinced on these, think they'd be a lot more likely for Wireless if they can get them anywhere....

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Stormzy/J Hus/Dave

Agreeing with Matty, I think we'd more than likely get all three with how popular they are right now.

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

I think if we get Post he'd either headline or sub NME, Really can't see Montana, Small possibility of 21 headlining 1Xtra maybe, Uzi I can see 4th or 5th on the main.

12 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Massively hopeful!

NBT subbing? Wow, it's amazing what sending a 15y/o girl videos of yourself masturbating can do for your career.

Edited by coincidental plan
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

Royal Blood are only getting bigger, but they aren't ready to headline a fest the size of R&L just yet. 

I fully expect the Foo's to headline one of the nights; with Royal Blood or Catfish subbing.

Two consecutive number one albums and an arena tour. That should be enough to push them up to headliners.

Them, Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire would be a very solid set of headliners.

• Downvote 3

Forgot to mention last week but Rou Reynolds (Lead singer of Enter Shikari) said on an Instagram live stream that they will be doing a lot more festivals in 2018. They last came to Reading & Leeds in 2014 so they could be a good shout for 3rd on the main stage or headline NME?

Saw them live at Alexandra palace recently and they put on one of the best shows I have ever seen.. (not biased at all :rolleyes:)

1 hour ago, Jakari said:

Forgot to mention last week but Rou Reynolds (Lead singer of Enter Shikari) said on an Instagram live stream that they will be doing a lot more festivals in 2018. They last came to Reading & Leeds in 2014 so they could be a good shout for 3rd on the main stage or headline NME?

Saw them live at Alexandra palace recently and they put on one of the best shows I have ever seen.. (not biased at all :rolleyes:)

To be fair they could be at Download and Reading, But if it was one or the other i would say reading is much more likely now, NME headline spot i reckon. 

I agree their Ally Pally show was awesome, especially with the quadraphonic sound (i'm probably slightly biased) but for me they are miles better live than the likes of BMTH etc. 

• Downvote 1