Lineup 2018

34 minutes ago, Evie18 said:

I was hoping for an announcement about the first announcement today :( surely on Monday?? 

Yeah kinda surprised we didnt hear anything but I guess they didn't want to cannablise the Community announcement? IDK I still think we'll get the announcement sometime next week

6 minutes ago, Aech said:

Off topic but why is The Pit called The Lock-Up on the Sunday?

The Lock-Up is the punk stage, named after a show for the genre on Radio 1. The Pit is just general rock and metal, but the lines between the two stages have become kinda blurred.

Took over from the Concrete Jungle in the early-2000's where it started out sharing a tent with the dance stage which was only one day of the three. Then about 2013 the Dance Stage got its own tent, and the remaining day was replaced with 'The Rock Stage', which was renamed 'The Pit' the in 2014 and the following year - after the guy behind The Lock Up (stage and radio show) left the BBC - The Lock-Up went down to one day and The Pit became two. Probably wouldn't be a surprise if it just became a three-day Pit stage at some point in the future.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The Lock-Up is the punk stage, named after a show for the genre on Radio 1. The Pit is just general rock and metal, but the lines between the two stages have become kinda blurred.

Took over from the Concrete Jungle in the early-2000's where it started out sharing a tent with the dance stage which was only one day of the three. Then about 2013 the Dance Stage got its own tent, and the remaining day was replaced with 'The Rock Stage', which was renamed 'The Pit' the in 2014 and the following year - after the guy behind The Lock Up (stage and radio show) left the BBC - The Lock-Up went down to one day and The Pit became two. Probably wouldn't be a surprise if it just became a three-day Pit stage at some point in the future.

That makes alot of sense looking at last years lineup now, thanks for the detailed explanation.

Will they announce any more big head liners for TRNSMT??? feel like all the big dates have been announced, so they probs want have arctic monkeys!!! that means that reading is looking more likely!! no way Liam Gallagher Is bigger than the arctic monkeys and he's the main headliner for TRNSMT aint he???
Monkeys won't play isle of wight as all the headliners have been announced, no glasto either, so the only uk fest I see them playing is R+L. thoughts?? xx

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Will they announce any more big head liners for TRNSMT??? feel like all the big dates have been announced, so they probs want have arctic monkeys!!! that means that reading is looking more likely!! no way Liam Gallagher Is bigger than the arctic monkeys and he's the main headliner for TRNSMT aint he???
Monkeys won't play isle of wight as all the headliners have been announced, no glasto either, so the only uk fest I see them playing is R+L. thoughts?? xx

Yeah they have three headliners to announce for TRNSMT. Might be bigger or smaller than those announced, who knows?

Arctic Monkeys playing TRNSMT wouldn't affect Reading anyway, as seen by Kasabian playing both this year. Also Arctic Monkeys don't really have to do any UK festivals so it's not necessarily a process of deduction - they might even do their own shows. The owner of this site has heard that Arctic Monkeys aren't playing R+L so for now I'd believe that.

• Upvote 1