Lineup 2018

Yeah just seen the Transmission and speculation. I'm not a massive Foos fan but would have gone if it was true....................... except that weekend I'll be at Ramblin Man. I wonder if TRNSMT and RMF have collectively got someone which would account for the exciting development that caused the delay in the RMF announcement.

14 minutes ago, devilman said:

Yeah just seen the Transmission and speculation. I'm not a massive Foos fan but would have gone if it was true....................... except that weekend I'll be at Ramblin Man. I wonder if TRNSMT and RMF have collectively got someone which would account for the exciting development that caused the delay in the RMF announcement.

TRNSMT have booked Ratt?

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

Plan B was taking up third down slots before he went away, not sure where he'd be these days. Unless the album takes off he could probably get away with FR headliner against a strong main stage headliner.

Yeah, I’ve no idea really. Hasn’t played festivals in forever so there’s not much to base an opinion on. Just think he’s a fairly big name that they’d probably need to give a main stage slot to, 5th down would be about right. 

I had to witness him support the Stone Roses at Heaton Park in 2012. Utterly awful, the huge bar queue was more fun! 

17 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

hahaha uv ruined my dreams lol 

I was well excited for them at Leeds 2012 but they were so dull it was ridiculous. Almost everyone had the same opinion, too. They were the same two years later at Glasto.

9 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

why have QOTSA been disregarded? this would be the first year that the secret set from the previous year hasn't played.

According to someone from Live Nation they're doing their own outdoor shows. I imagine Wolf Alice were supposed to be the secret set who played the following year but then QOTSA became a possibility because of their new album release so they got them in, too.

33 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

why have QOTSA been disregarded? this would be the first year that the secret set from the previous year hasn't played.

It's a bit different I think given the last few years to have headlined it then do a secret set and top it, others recent have done the headline set after the secret only...I know Green Day did but years and years ago.

1 hour ago, devilman said:

They haven't by me.

that's what i like to hear.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

According to someone from Live Nation they're doing their own outdoor shows. I imagine Wolf Alice were supposed to be the secret set who played the following year but then QOTSA became a possibility because of their new album release so they got them in, too.

Was that a confirmed source? It just seems bizarre to me, I think they are perfectly set up to co-headline with Royal Blood. It just fits.

25 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

QOTSA/ Royal Blood - Wolf Alice on the saturday night for me.

Also could we be seeing Bonobo playing a live set? It's a little left field for the standard R+L audience but i could see it working. Will they risk it?

The coheadline will defo be Foos if they are playing, Coheadline would probably be the weakest day (so will probs be on the Friday)

Don't see any reason why Bonobo will play, there was no reason why he couldn't do it last year and was in the area, don't see why he'd be back again. (And I don't think he's that left field, though I don't know where I would place him, NME sub maybe?)

9 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

The coheadline will defo be Foos if they are playing

Yes those Foos are too small and weak a booking to headline outright. They need a co headline slot to give them some exposure and the step up they need. They'll be on with someone of a similar size so probably Guns and Roses. That will be an incredibly weak day but we need to nurture these future headliners.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

The Killers - Kendrick Lamar - Arctic Monkeys

Idk why everyone keeps counting on the Foo's when they're litteraly doing 3x a stadium concert in June? TRNSMT takes place from 6-8th July, they have a sold out show in Philly on the 7th so the only option avaible is that they play the 6th. Pack up all their gear and stuff it in the plane and play in Philly the next day..? I understand that there's a gap off a month in their US-tour schedule but do you really think they'll hop on and off on a plane for a week or two to do some festivals in Europe when they're litteraly doing a EU tour in June?

edit: with the new dates of TRNSMT they seem more likely to play, yes. 

Edited by arcuse

12 hours ago, RedBalloon said:

Was that a confirmed source? It just seems bizarre to me, I think they are perfectly set up to co-headline with Royal Blood. It just fits.

Not sure what you mean but it was an interview with someone from Live Nation. It was definitely a person from Live Nation and it definitely happened.

12 hours ago, RedBalloon said:

QOTSA/ Royal Blood - Wolf Alice on the saturday night for me.

Also could we be seeing Bonobo playing a live set? It's a little left field for the standard R+L audience but i could see it working. Will they risk it?

Nah Bonobo won't play.

12 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

The coheadline will defo be Foos if they are playing, Coheadline would probably be the weakest day (so will probs be on the Friday)

Don't see any reason why Bonobo will play, there was no reason why he couldn't do it last year and was in the area, don't see why he'd be back again. (And I don't think he's that left field, though I don't know where I would place him, NME sub maybe?)

Bonobo won't play R&L.

2 hours ago, devilman said:

Yes those Foos are too small and weak a booking to headline outright. They need a co headline slot to give them some exposure and the step up they need. They'll be on with someone of a similar size so probably Guns and Roses. That will be an incredibly weak day but we need to nurture these future headliners.

Fam it was blatantly a typo and he meant to say the Saturday will be Foos.

49 minutes ago, arcuse said:

The Killers - Kendrick Lamar - Arctic Monkeys

Idk why everyone keeps counting on the Foo's when they're litteraly doing 3x a stadium concert in June? TRNSMT takes place from 6-8th July, they have a sold out show in Philly on the 7th so the only option avaible is that they play the 6th. Pack up all their gear and stuff it in the plane and play in Philly the next day..? I understand that there's a gap off a month in their US-tour schedule but do you really think they'll hop on and off on a plane for a week or two to do some festivals in Europe when they're litteraly doing a EU tour in June?

edit: with the new dates of TRNSMT they seem more likely to play, yes. 

Because Foos are the biggest act R&L could book and they'd sell shitloads of tickets on top of those stadium shows. The stadium shows sold out instantly and they'd most likely have added more dates if they weren't playing a festival. In 2015 they were supposed to play 5 stadium dates in the UK as well as Glastonbury.

They also haven't played for 6 years (by next year), will have released two albums in that time and Reading is Dave Grohl's favourite festival. They also have a gap in their US tour in August enabling them to come over to play.

• Downvote 2