Lineup 2018

56 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Leaked dates are:

09/02/18 - Manchester Arena
11/02/18 - Hydro, Glasgow
12/02/18 - O2, London
13/02/18 - O2, London
14/02/18 - Genting Arena, Birmingham

I dunno 2 nights in London and then Wireless as well? I could see him just skipping all UK fests all together tbh

I just recall it being what The Weeknd did. Sold out two O2 dates instantly and then didn't add anymore so we were like "yep, playing Wireless then", and then it was announced a couple of months later. It would seem like they're not preparing to add dates at the O2 for Kendrick either in that timeframe.

3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Turns out the leak was wrong, he can add another London date if he wants. Maybe not even Wireless....

Just to be clear, I don't think him adding a night at the O2 means he's playing Reading and not adding one means he's playing Wireless; I was just pointing out the similarities to The Weeknd's tour last year.

Anyway I'm prepared to backpedal on that because I just listened to a thing with the Primavera Sound booker who seemed to indicate that Kendrick would (or 'could') be in Europe at the end of festival season. 

Edited by dentalplan

6 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Ahh :( aw that's a shame, really like their older stuff, didn't realise they'd fallen off that much.

I don't think it's that they've dropped off as such; they just kinda stayed exactly the same and then fifteen years passed. :P

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Anyway I'm prepared to backpedal on that because I just listened to a thing with the Primavera Sound booker who seemed to indicate that Kendrick would (or 'could') be in Europe at the end of festival season. 

^ Meant to mention also that he said he hasn't been given a tentative release date for the Arctic Monkeys album so them going on tour next summer might not be as likely as we have been thinking.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

^ Meant to mention also that he said he hasn't been given a tentative release date for the Arctic Monkeys album so them going on tour next summer might not be as likely as we have been thinking.

Was worrying about this too after the rumours for their album went from "start of 2018" to "at some point next year". I guess The Killers or Foos are more likely now?

5 hours ago, Jack w said:

possibilities of green day headlining? its been 4 years and they seem to be always open to shows since their album release late last year? maybe alongside AM or Foos and a rap/hip-hop act. Seems unlikely but I'm hopeful

I can see them playing Trnsmt after the bellahouston park cancellation last year as it would sell lots in Scotland as they haven't played there in so long and just couldn't see green day playing 2 major UK festivals in the same year with the quality of bands touring next year. So can't see them playing next year unless they release new material 

18 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Hardly in decline, they just sold out Old Trafford

I'm almost certain that The Courteeners don't physically exist anywhere outside of Manchester and everyone just imagines them playing outside of it. No way could they sell out a venue that size anywhere else. 

I don't see why they would move up to sub. 

• Upvote 1