Lineup 2018

39 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Rock and Metal is going to be the 'in' thing again real soon. I'm so confident on that. 

Well yeah it's inevitable that it will be. Dunno who the act is gonna be who acts as a figurehead for the revival, though. Royal Blood looked like they might be at one point, but seem to be stagnating before they've become household names with enough cultural weight to 'inspire' hundreds of bands like The Strokes did.

Wouldn't surprise me if Pale Waves are the first of many bands who are about to come through sounding exactly like The 1975, but that's a bit different I guess.

Edited by Zac Quinn

34 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Rock and Metal is going to be the 'in' thing again real soon. I'm so confident on that. 

Can't wait

8 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Well yeah it's inevitable that it will be. Dunno who the act is gonna be who acts as a figurehead for the revival, though. Royal Blood looked like they might be at one point, but seem to be stagnating before they've become household names with enough cultural weight to 'inspire' hundreds of bands like The Strokes did.

Nah no way Royal Blood, it'll need to be someone fresh, with a genuinely interesting sound. The next Nirvana, the next Metallica (don't get me wrong I like Royal Blood (and LB) , but it'd be like saying Limp Bizkit are rocks saviours in 2001)

For some reason I think Ghost are gonna explode, could see them getting a proper recognisable brand like Kiss. That probably won't happen though, and it's most likely a band that aren't big or don't exist now

50 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Can't wait

Nah no way Royal Blood, it'll need to be someone fresh, with a genuinely interesting sound. The next Nirvana, the next Metallica (don't get me wrong I like Royal Blood (and LB) , but it'd be like saying Limp Bizkit are rocks saviours in 2001)

For some reason I think Ghost are gonna explode, could see them getting a proper recognisable brand like Kiss. That probably won't happen though, and it's most likely a band that aren't big or don't exist now

Absolutely agree on Ghost. They are primed to be the big band imo. 

2 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Anyone else feel a bit disappointed by the new Foo Fighters album? It's better than sonic highways imo but was hoping it'd match that off wasting light but fell quite short in terms of what i was expecting.

Seems to be getting surprisingly positive (for Foo Fighters, anyway) reviews but aye, better than Sonic Highways (not that that was hard - what a stinker of an album that was) but overall just the same old schtick really. T-Shirt in to Run was a strong start but then it just becomes another Foo Fighters album that could've been released at any point in the past twenty years.

On the plus side, at least this one (to my knowledge) didn't come with a whole gimmick like most of their recent albums have (Wasting Light as a 'band in a garage' album, Sonic Highways with it's cities, whatever bollocks they cited for poor ESP&G, the loud/acoustic sides of In Your Honour etc). I'm sure Grohl probably said something similar about this one but it seems a lot more like a standard Foos album than one with some half arsed backstory.

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Wasting Light was the best thing the Foos had done since the 90s. Bloody solid album. 

Wasting Light was decent aye. Had kind of gone off them by that point due to ESP&G being such a stinker and my tastes changing but Wasting Light was a really nice surprise. As a whole not up to their 90's albums, but the first half of the album at least is all up there.

On the subject of Foos albums, I've always thought One by One was very underrated. Maybe it's because it's the first album I listened to in full but there are some forgotten bangers on there (Low, Have It All, Halo, Burn Away, Come Back). Low especially is a personal favourite of mine.

On 23/09/2017 at 1:58 PM, Steve1000 said:

R&L: Foos, Kendrick, Royal Blood

TRNSMT: The Killers, Florence, Yeezy

IOW: The Killers, Depeche Mode, The Strokes + Chems

Download: Avenged, Metallica, Ozzy

Latitude: Wolf Alice, Arcade Fire, Beck

V: Beyoncé, ???

Wireless: Jay, Stormzy, J Cole

BST: Yeezy, Em, Arctics , Pearl Jam, Maiden & The Roses if still about etc

Would love The Strokes to do something next year....

4 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah could see them turning up at any of R+L, TRSNMT or IOW. Maybe even Latitude if the other two headliners were at the cheaper end of the spectrum.

I think JC and The Voidz are recording ATM but don't usually tour much...if both The Strokes and Foos play R+L I'll be happy! Haha. 

3 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I think JC and The Voidz are recording ATM but don't usually tour much...if both The Strokes and Foos play R+L I'll be happy! Haha. 

I think all the side projects seem to be recording or touring. Not that it would prevent a one off festival appearance as The Strokes do, but then these festivals could arrange that any year couldn't they?

I'd love to see JC + the Voidz do a proper festival run and European tour. Such an exciting band.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think all the side projects seem to be recording or touring. Not that it would prevent a one off festival appearance as The Strokes do, but then these festivals could arrange that any year couldn't they?

I'd love to see JC + the Voidz do a proper festival run and European tour. Such an exciting band.

I loved Tyranny! And I seriously hope that they do! 

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They came back last night! Eeek.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/julian-casablancas-the-voidz-la-live-return-secret-gig-new-songs-2144116

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

YES PLEASE. Where abouts would they fit on a R+L lineup nowadays?

I'm not sure how many R&L goers will remember Friendly Fires! This is good news though...maybe middle of the afternoon main or 3rd/4th down NME? Hard to guage as they've been away a while! 

16 minutes ago, foolee said:

The rumours here (just rumours) are that Florence & The Machine, Chainsmokers, 30 Seconds To Mars and Twenty One Pilots can be the big names for Pukkelpop 2018.

Yeah the rumours here suggest that The Chainsmokers and Twenty One Pilots might be playing FM4 Frequency which takes place the same weekend as Pukkelpop. Twenty One Pilots and Royal Blood to share the bill one night. It really is time Florence & The Machine headlined R&L so that's good news. 

Just now, JSmurphy said:

Yeah the rumours here suggest that The Chainsmokers and Twenty One Pilots might be playing FM4 Frequency which takes place the same weekend as Pukkelpop. Twenty One Pilots and Royal Blood to share the bill one night. It really is time Florence & The Machine headlined R&L so that's good news. 

Yeah if that's true I'd say Florence to headline is a good shout and they'd also probably be your 3 subs in thirty seconds to mars, Top and chainsmokers tbf.

• Upvote 1