Lineup 2018

32 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

They've utterly abysmal and the latest album was so lame they should be automatically banned from ever being booked for any festival ever again. Can see them topping NME up against a rap or heavy main stage headliner though.

I don't think they're gonna slide down the line up by next year but similarly there's no cause to push them up or rebook them either.

9 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

When I feel heavy-metal
When I'm pins and I'm needles
And I come and I please eh
All of the time I get back when
It ain't easy
When I feel it

I WANNA SEE YOU GET REALLY LOW ... GET LOW!!! (don't make me laugh! this is serious)

What even is this! :lol::lol:

Ffs if you told me that was one of those shredded videos I'd fully believe you. And yet it wouldn't have even been the worst moment of that set because according to setlist.fm they also played this, the worst song of all time 

6 minutes ago, TapeRecorder said:

Anyone else listened to the new prophets album? I know it wouldnt stop them being placed high due to them playing ratm / public enemy, but jesus its one of the weakest albums ive listened to this year

Probably won't bother, I don't really give a fuck about them apart from when they're playing Rage songs

21 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I suppose Imagine Dragons selling out arenas on their second album is getting ignored as usual then?

EDIT: Worth noting I think the new album is shit. But our opinions mean nowt if people are willing to buy tickets.

It was while touring the second album but it was undeniably because of the success of the first album - it even went on sale before the second album came out - which I guess is kinda what people are saying and what I'd agree with. They're three records deep now and the last two weren't as big but I think they can stretch the debut's success a little bit more before they capsize.

1 hour ago, TapeRecorder said:

Anyone else listened to the new prophets album? I know it wouldnt stop them being placed high due to them playing ratm / public enemy, but jesus its one of the weakest albums ive listened to this year

Pretty much. And I know it's a sore point for some but I think it proves there's no future for Rage Against the Machine either - ZDLR has been wise to remove himself from it and move on with his own project.

1 hour ago, TapeRecorder said:

Are you serious ?

if that's the weakest album you've listened to this year then I'd  love your music collection (and you've obviously done well to avoid some well dodgy albums)

I think everyone's mistake is hoping that it's the new RATM album or expecting Chuck to be as good a Zach.If you do that then you're setting yourself up to be disappointed 

When listened to under its own terms it's Pretty good in my opinion 

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Pretty much. And I know it's a sore point for some but I think it proves there's no future for Rage Against the Machine either - ZDLR has been wise to remove himself from it and move on with his own project.

As much as I love Zach,he hasn't done much 'moving on with his own project' since RATM finished

If you take away a few EPs here and there and the reunion tour with RATM between 2008-2010 we unfortunately haven't seen much of him in 15 years.

At least the other three have recorded and toured with Audioslave and Prophets as well as various side projects such as Waktat and the Nightwatchman

2 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

As much as I love Zach,he hasn't done much 'moving on with his own project' since RATM finished

If you take away a few EPs here and there and the reunion tour with RATM between 2008-2010 we unfortunately haven't seen much of him in 15 years.

At least the other three have recorded and toured with Audioslave and Prophets as well as various side projects such as Waktat and the Nightwatchman

Yeah true but I'm just talking recent years. I would now assume that he was a sticking point for the continued reunion and that's why the rest of the group are in Prophets of Rage and he's not, and it seems justified now because POR's funk rock sounds pretty dated and dull whereas the stuff Zack's done with El-P and RTJ in the past few years has stayed political but has been knockout after knockout.

Hope the album actually does come this time but still and all he might have been as well not continuing Rage regardless. 

43 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Are you serious ?

if that's the weakest album you've listened to this year then I'd  love your music collection (and you've obviously done well to avoid some well dodgy albums)

I think everyone's mistake is hoping that it's the new RATM album or expecting Chuck to be as good a Zach.If you do that then you're setting yourself up to be disappointed 

When listened to under its own terms it's Pretty good in my opinion 

Absolutely agree with your final point. If you take the album for what it is, it isn't bad at all. 

As for it being the weakest album, he clearly hasn't listened to Seaway's latest effort :P 

Edited by Andre91

I've definitely heard weaker but I think people have a right to be disappointed. They are piggy backing off the RATM brand so I think there's some cause for expecting something of a similar substance. While there are terribly cheesy lyrics and boring crowd baiting ("say yeah", "raise your hands", etc.) from rap icons that should know a hell of a lot better, I don't think the music is really dynamic enough that Zack woulda saved it. It's not utter dogshit but it's certainly not validating POR as their own band.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

It was while touring the second album but it was undeniably because of the success of the first album - it even went on sale before the second album came out - which I guess is kinda what people are saying and what I'd agree with. They're three records deep now and the last two weren't as big but I think they can stretch the debut's success a little bit more before they capsize.

Theyre doing arenas again next year in february which is why i thought they were in line to sub 

23 minutes ago, TapeRecorder said:

Im going to guess you were being sarcastic but I had a list pre made. Loved these so far:pDJjph0LXoAA_o3M.jpg:large

Fair play you've got some fantastic stuff on there.Shows how many great albums have been released this year already.

Saying that, I'd be listening to Prophets of Rage before at least half of the albums on there.

Shows that it's all about individual taste but if Prophets of Rage are on one stage at Reading next year and the likes of xx and Tyler,the creator are on the other stages then watching POR will be one of the easiest clash choices in festival history.But,as I said, each to their own and all that.

2 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Shows that it's all about individual taste but if Prophets of Rage are on one stage at Reading next year and the likes of xx and Tyler,the creator are on the other stages then watching POR will be one of the easiest clash choices in festival history.But,as I said, each to their own and all that.

Yeah thats fair enough mate, same goes for me to be honest. Even if I dont like their solo stuff, it would be worth it for the covers and a good crowd. I wouldn't complain about the booking at all.