Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

you ain't seen nothing yet
interesting FR mind

DI5MbXcWsAESIAX.jpg

Total rubbish. Absolutely not. There is no way, no way on EARTH, that Reading would get that sort of line up.......

.....because isn't that the Glasto 50th Anniversary lineup?

Also, why no Super Hans secret set?

Edited by oscs

21 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

you ain't seen nothing yet
interesting FR mind

DI5MbXcWsAESIAX.jpg

Trying to make a political point about how the music industry maligns females whilst simultaneously joining in with the abuse Dianne Abbott gets because she has the temerity to be a high-profile WOC. Nice. 

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Trying to make a political point about how the music industry maligns females whilst simultaneously joining in with the abuse Dianne Abbott gets because she has the temerity to be a high-profile WOC. Nice. 

Aye probably should have done so from the outset, but to clarify this isn't my poster - doing the rounds on the usual Spotted Reading & Leeds FB & Twitter feeds. I remembered the post made a few weeks back for 'the most incorrect poster' and thought it fit the bill as it popped up on my timeline. 

7 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Aye probably should have done so from the outset, but to clarify this isn't my poster - doing the rounds on the usual Spotted Reading & Leeds FB & Twitter feeds. I remembered the post made a few weeks back for 'the most incorrect poster' and thought it fit the bill as it popped up on my timeline. 

nah I think it was obvious it wasn't you who lowered yourself to that mate, don't worry

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

No, Dianne Abbott gets abuse because she's a fucking idiot who doesn't know what she's doing and she's going to be there forever unless Labour fuck her off as she's in one of the safest seats in the country.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KingPin said:

No, Dianne Abbott gets abuse because she's a fucking idiot who doesn't know what she's doing and she's going to be there forever unless Labour fuck her off as she's in one of the safest seats in the country.

But there are 100+ white and/or male MPs who fit that description but don't get a tenth of the abuse. Diane certainly has faults, I've criticised her myself in the past, but that stat out the other day that she gets 45% of all political-related online abuse in the UK is appalling. Anyway point was don't be making smug remarks on how R+L treats women while also joining in with the Diane Abbott fun and games, that's all :)

38 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

But there are 100+ white and/or male MPs who fit that description but don't get a tenth of the abuse. Diane certainly has faults, I've criticised her myself in the past, but that stat out the other day that she gets 45% of all political-related online abuse in the UK is appalling. Anyway point was don't be making smug remarks on how R+L treats women while also joining in with the Diane Abbott fun and games, that's all :)

But there aren't a 100+ high profile MP's who make such massive public fuck ups like how Dianne Abbott has done, and as a result of this it's become trendy to hate on her.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, KingPin said:

But there aren't a 100+ high profile MP's who make such massive public fuck ups like how Dianne Abbott has done

there are lots, none of whom get even close to the abuse she gets, but whatever.

Just now, Andre91 said:

Diane Abbot has nothing to do with Reading and Leeds Festivals. Please stop. 

yeah soz, I'll shut up now.

13 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

But there are 100+ white and/or male MPs who fit that description but don't get a tenth of the abuse

I don't know of 100 other MPs that have said that Mao's murders were a good thing overall, do you? 
I don't know of 100 other MPs who have uttered a number of clearly-racist comments, do you?
(* clearly racist if said by whites about blacks, anyway).

I feel quite sorry for Abbott cos she reminds me of how I'd probably go down if I was daft enough to put myself up for election, but that doesn't get to mean that often when she opens her mouth she's an utter cock, saying things that only a small minority might connect with.

Meanwhile, Jacob Rees Mogg is currently getting *MUCH* more shite thrown at him, and only really because someone with few brain cells wrote a story about him maybe being leader, and those with even fewer brain cells think it's a real story.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I don't know of 100 other MPs that have said that Mao's murders were a good thing overall, do you? 
I don't know of 100 other MPs who have uttered a number of clearly-racist comments, do you?
(* clearly racist if said by whites about blacks, anyway).

I feel quite sorry for Abbott cos she reminds me of how I'd probably go down if I was daft enough to put myself up for election, but that doesn't get to mean that often when she opens her mouth she's an utter cock, saying things that only a small minority might connect with.

Meanwhile, Jacob Rees Mogg is currently getting *MUCH* more shite thrown at him, and only really because someone with few brain cells wrote a story about him maybe being leader, and those with even fewer brain cells think it's a real story.

are you really arguing JRM is getting it worse than Abbott? that is just factually wrong

http://www.newstatesman.com/2017/09/we-tracked-25688-abusive-tweets-sent-women-mps-half-were-directed-diane-abbott

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

are you really arguing JRM is getting it worse than Abbott? that is just factually wrong

http://www.newstatesman.com/2017/09/we-tracked-25688-abusive-tweets-sent-women-mps-half-were-directed-diane-abbott

You know that's old news and JRM has since had that interview about abortion right?

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Currently, yes he is.

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

for everyone but you, there's a world beyond the twattosphere. :rolleyes:

even before that interview he was getting massive shit.

because, as i said, someone with few brain cells wrote a story about him maybe being leader, and those with even fewer brain cells think it's a real story.

And hey, Mogg deserves plenty of shit. He says shitty things. Which funnily enough, so does Abbott.

I don't doubt that Abbott gets plenty of shit from racists, but she also gets plenty of shit on the merits of her own doings - while some want to presented it's only about racism, or gender.

Well guess what? Black women can be arseholes just as much as anyone else. To suggest different would be no less racist than those who attack her for her race.

Edited by eFestivals