Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

Can definitely see Brockhampton getting a good spot next year, high up on 1Xtra or even early afternoon in the NME if Saturation 3 continues to give them massive traction. 

100%.In terms of R&B/Hip Hop I can definitely see either Brockhampton or Khalid getting a decent spot with the years they've had.

Edited by Jayvk

1 hour ago, devilman said:

I used to think PVRIS were ok till I saw them this year. Caterwauling bollox. I was really disappointed and had to go watch something else. I doubt I'll give them a second chance.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

She is one of the very worst live singers I've ever seen. She sounds nothing like she does on record. 

When I saw them support BMTH 2 years ago and when they said "come on guys, give me a mosh" I couldn't take them seriously 

40 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Attila. Please, God, no. Thankfully they're no way big enough to headline that stage but, Christ, steer clear of them altogether. 

Literally the worst band on the planet. Not even close. I know PTV the are bad but Attila are on another level of fucking terrible 

3 minutes ago, justanothername said:

When I saw them support BMTH 2 years ago and when they said "come on guys, give me a mosh" I couldn't take them seriously 

Literally the worst band on the planet. Not even close. I know PTV the are bad but Attila are on another level of fucking terrible 

Absolutely right. Although my mate's little brother showed me a band the other day called Brojob who are potentially even worse. Strangely enough, though, they have a song featuring CJ McMahon :huh:

3 minutes ago, James96 said:

Is there any evidence for this Kanye booking? Think he'd be more likely to just do a standard Arena tour? Not that I'd complain, it'd make it a more interesting booking than the offerings of the last few years.

Some guy from Festival Republic said he'd be in Europe next year. The only reason FR would know/care about it is if he was turning up at one of their things, and R+L and Wireless are the only 2 fests he'd really fit in.

TBH even if he doesn't show up, it is likely to be a hip-hop artist (Kanye, Kendrick or Drake)

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Some guy from Festival Republic said he'd be in Europe next year. The only reason FR would know/care about it is if he was turning up at one of their things, and R+L and Wireless are the only 2 fests he'd really fit in.

TBH even if he doesn't show up, it is likely to be a hip-hop artist (Kanye, Kendrick or Drake)

Not at all. Promoters will know the touring plans of artists because they need to know that stuff in order to make bookings. Also it was Live Nation, not FR, and Live Nation could be promoting a Kanye arena tour.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Not at all. Promoters will know the touring plans of artists because they need to know that stuff in order to make bookings. Also it was Live Nation, not FR, and Live Nation could be promoting a Kanye arena tour.

Oh ok I thought it was from FR. Agreed people from FR would probably know about an arena tour but probably not remember it to let it slip during an interview (or at least that's my thinking behind it). If it's Live Nation then it's probably just an arena tour and unlikely to be festival appearances (especially as he cancelled the european leg of the saint pablo tour).

Will probably be Drake or Kendrick then imo (leaning more towards Drake with Kendrick doing Wireless)

Edited by Mattymooz

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Oh ok I thought it was from FR. Agreed people from FR would probably know about an arena tour but probably not remember it to let it slip during an interview (or at least that's my thinking behind it). If it's Live Nation then it's probably just an arena tour and unlikely to be festival appearances (especially as he cancelled the european leg of the saint pablo tour).

Will probably be Drake or Kendrick then imo (leaning more towards Drake with Kendrick doing Wireless)

Drake was at Reading with Giggs. So maybe? I dunno though, like the festival hasn't really gone full hip hop has it, like the only hip hop headliner we've had over the past few years, is Eminem...twice. 

Just now, James96 said:

Drake was at Reading with Giggs. So maybe? I dunno though, like the festival hasn't really gone full hip hop has it, like the only hip hop headliner we've had over the past few years, is Eminem...twice. 

No but they have been leaning towards not having all rawk headliners.

I don't think Drake being at reading really matters, it was probably just a favour to Giggs as he was playing in London that evening anyway. However Kendrick has done R+L before, and Drake headlined Wireless previously so both have a relationship with FR and both haven't played a UK festival in a while.

I personally favour Drake for this year as Wireless has been going a lot more rap recently (so Kendrick would fit better there).

2 minutes ago, TapeRecorder said:

Would Post Malone not headline the NME by then? Atleast looking at his numbers on spotify and his tours in the US. Especially if he has new material by August, which is likely

IS he that big in the UK? Compared to people like Stormzy and J Hus I didn't think he was anywhere near as popular over here. IMO would have pegged him as a 3rd down act on the NME on a strong lineup, subbing it if it has been as weak as previously.

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

No but they have been leaning towards not having all rawk headliners.

I don't think Drake being at reading really matters, it was probably just a favour to Giggs as he was playing in London that evening anyway. However Kendrick has done R+L before, and Drake headlined Wireless previously so both have a relationship with FR and both haven't played a UK festival in a while.

I personally favour Drake for this year as Wireless has been going a lot more rap recently (so Kendrick would fit better there).

Think Kendrick bumped up to a headliner would go down really well at R+L and it'd actually be one of the most solid bookings of recent years. And based on that, it probably won't happen.

43 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Sounds like the title of an early Don Broco EP or summat.

You are truly on fire this evening.

And yeah, I can totally see Kendrick being the next hip hop headliner Reading has, even if it's not 2018. Of course Kanye would be nice but I just can't stop being pessimistic about the possibility, have wanted him for years. 

Edited by pepesilvia

18 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

You are truly on fire this evening.

And yeah, I can totally see Kendrick being the next hip hop headliner Reading has, even if it's not 2018. Of course Kanye would be nice but I just can't stop being pessimistic about the possibility, have wanted him for years. 

Oh no, I doubt it's Kanye if it was just Live Nation saying it.... My bad :P

Either way it's gonna be an interesting year for headliners. I think Arctics are pretty much guarenteed imo.

If they bump Kendrick and Paramore up to headliner, I could see a situation where they don't bump Royal Blood up too (or if they do have them coheadline with Paramore) and instead just have them subbing (maybe in place of Catfish who headline Latitude?)

I hope it's not Drake. Probably was just a crowd pleaser, and something to make Reading seem generous so you'll give them more money. Like how I'm also not expecting AC/DC to headline. Arctics can do Stadiums, then Glasto, then finally Reading at the absolute bellend of the tour in 2020

Royal Blood / Catfish / Stormzy

Travis Scott

Kendrick / Tame Impala / Wolf Alice

Enter Shikari

Foo Fighters / ADTR / The Kooks

Jamie XX

Edited by Steve1000
  • Downvote 1