Lineup 2018

28 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I could see Astroid Boys opening Main for sure, as well as Milk Teeth. The One Hundred would be brilliant but I can see them opening the Main at Download. 

Still hoping for Anteros but I imagine they'll still be too small (great female lead rock band though I think they were way underbooked this year (opened the Jack Rocks stage at Reading). Could see them maybe opening the NME or somewhere on the FR stage instead.

13 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Been listening to some of the names for further down that have been suggested and that Portugal The Man 'Feel It Still' song bangs even harder than Please Mr Postman IMO. So yeah whoever suggested they'll be high-ish on the NME can have a medal.

Found him through the Lido remix of Feel it still which I thought was dope, but it comes nowhere close to the original imo. Sooooo smooth I love it. They only have 2 dates in the UK on their tour, and I don't believe they were at any UK festivals this year so I'm really hoping they book him next year.

Edited by Mattymooz

51 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Fuck that. People don't actually care about them, do they? Absolute rubbish bankrolled by the bank of Daddy because they feel like playing rock stars this week. 

I sat outside the tent at Download this year to see if it was as bad as I expected and it was everything and more. Generic, dull songs and empty stage patter from a frontman who seems to have googled 'how to be a rockstar' or he's watched Get Him To The Greek one too many times. 

I could see Astroid Boys opening Main for sure, as well as Milk Teeth. The One Hundred would be brilliant but I can see them opening the Main at Download. 

Dont like them but their not that shit tbf. Kerrang are playing that up for ransom tune quite abit

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

Dont like them but their not that shit tbf. Kerrang are playing that up for ransom tune quite abit

It's not even that they're utter shit, there is just nothing inviting or different about them, they are proper production line bland rubbish to me and not something that the rock media should be pushing, leave that to the NME. Then again, Twenty One Pilots, PVRIS and 5SOS are still being pushed by the rock media when they absolutely should not be. They're dangerous bands for the scene. 

24 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

It's not even that they're utter shit, there is just nothing inviting or different about them, they are proper production line bland rubbish to me and not something that the rock media should be pushing, leave that to the NME. Then again, Twenty One Pilots, PVRIS and 5SOS are still being pushed by the rock media when they absolutely should not be. They're dangerous bands for the scene. 

Aye at lest they're still rock, which cannot be said about bastard PVRIS. I get the 'rock' appeal of the other 2 as shit as they are but PVRIS' I cannot (someone please explain)

Nothing rock about 21 Pilots musically, but they have the aesthetic, so I understand why Kerrang clung onto them. Pisstake really

On this topic, IDLES to open main here or download please. 

Edited by Steve1000

6 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Aye at lest they're still rock, which cannot be said about bastard PVRIS. I get the 'rock' appeal of the other 2 as shit as they are but PVRIS' I cannot (someone please explain)

On this topic, IDLES to open main here or download please. 

This songs shows what potential they had to be a good rockish band. Unfortunately they went a lot more alt-pop

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

This songs shows what potential they had to be a good rockish band. Unfortunately they went a lot more alt-pop

Hadn't actually listened to that and their earlier work tbh, I guess that's acceptable

They're not a shit band by any means, but the places I hear them is places I go to to avoid things like this

Edited by Steve1000

PVRIS debut album is great, but even then I was a bit touch and go as to whether I was comfortable with them being pushed so hard. I think the rock press should wash their hands of them now after releasing that second album. 

Why bother pushing bands like them and 21P when we have Architects and While She Sleeps picking up traction. Code Orange too, they're getting so much attention from other artists since releasing Forever. I can't wait to see where they go. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, devilman said:

I used to think PVRIS were ok till I saw them this year. Caterwauling bollox. I was really disappointed and had to go watch something else. I doubt I'll give them a second chance.

She is one of the very worst live singers I've ever seen. She sounds nothing like she does on record. 

Might as well take a crack at this - it's probably gonna be wildly inaccurate but hey ho.

FRIDAY

Main: Arctic Monkeys // Thirty Seconds To Mars // Stormzy // Don Broco // Logic // Creeper // Alien Ant Farm // Blaenavon // Astroid Boys

NME: Weezer or Panic! At The Disco // Nothing But Thieves // Mac DeMarco

The Pit: Attila

SATURDAY

Main: Kanye West // BBK // Courteeners // All Time Low // Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes // The Front Bottoms // The Hunna // Boston Manor // The Night Cafe

NME: The Kooks // Anderson .Paak // Wilkinson (live)

The Pit: Pierce The Veil

SUNDAY

Main: Paramore + Royal Blood // Wolf Alice // The Wombats // Lil Uzi Vert // Beartooth // Basement // Cabbage // Milk Teeth

NME: Tyler, The Creator // Post Malone // Sundara Karma

Lock Up: The Wonder Years

Personally don't think Brand New will do any festivals over here, if anything I could see them headlining Slam Dunk.

8 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

Might as well take a crack at this - it's probably gonna be wildly inaccurate but hey ho.

FRIDAY

Main: Arctic Monkeys // Thirty Seconds To Mars // Stormzy // Don Broco // Logic // Creeper // Alien Ant Farm // Blaenavon // Astroid Boys

SATURDAY

Main: Kanye West // BBK // Courteeners // All Time Low // Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes // The Front Bottoms // The Hunna // Boston Manor // The Night Cafe

SUNDAY

Main: Paramore + Royal Blood // Wolf Alice // The Wombats // Lil Uzi Vert // Beartooth // Basement // Cabbage // Milk Teeth

Personally don't think Brand New will do any festivals over here, if anything I could see them headlining Slam Dunk.

One too many bands Sunday but I'd be happy with this, especially if it's Weezer

EDIT - no it's not actually, thought there was 10 

Edited by Steve1000

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Attila. Please, God, no. Thankfully they're no way big enough to headline that stage but, Christ, steer clear of them altogether. 

I despise them too but the slot was the last I had to fill and I literally couldn't think of anyone to play it. Although Pierce The Veil are equally awful.

1 minute ago, LRDJ said:

I despise them too but the slot was the last I had to fill and I literally couldn't think of anyone to play it. Although Pierce The Veil are equally awful.

I quite like PTV. They actually have some great parts to their songs, including the mariachi segment in Bulls In The Bronx. And they sound great live, Vic is really decent. Attila on the other hand are THE worst. One of the worst bands around. 

1 minute ago, LRDJ said:

I quite like PTV. They actually have some great parts to their songs, including the mariachi segment in Bulls In The Bronx. And they sound great live, Vic is really decent. Attila on the other hand are THE worst. One of the worst bands around. 

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Imagine spending that much time lambasting other bands and then revealing you quite like Pierce the Veil.

They've got some singles from earlier albums I really like. Have you heard Attila? A band who produces merch that reads 'Suck My Fuck'... 

And balls for the double post :lol: 

37 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Not sure I expect Sundara Karma on the NME again for the 2nd year in a row. Maybe the main stage or FR headliner but I kinda expect them to miss next year. Also not sure about that BBK > Kanye lineup, 2 hip-hop acts in a row? Would probs swap subs and thirds with the Arctics day imo

PREDICTIONLRDJ.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Not sure I expect Sundara Karma on the NME again for the 2nd year in a row. Maybe the main stage or FR headliner but I kinda expect them to miss next year. Also not sure about that BBK > Kanye lineup, 2 hip-hop acts in a row? Would probs swap subs and thirds with the Arctics day imo

PREDICTIONLRDJ.png

You've really got some time on your hands, haven't you, dude :lol: 

Great work, though.