Lineup 2018

31 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I can't make sense of this prediction at all. This makes the Lorde shout the other day seem bang on. 

Who are the headliners here? Or is it 3 sets of 3 headliners? Or do you think Paulo Nutini is bigger than Mumfords, Noel and Avenged? What? 

Yes boys #reppin

They're doing it because they clearly want to establish themselves as an arena band. How else can they do that if they drop back down to academies? I admire their ambition. Hopefully this sells better then the last one. I'm confident that it can with a new album (which must be coming beforehand). I've already booked my ticket for the Nottingham date through their pre-sale. Their show there in 2016 with the quadraphonic sound was THE best own band's gig I've ever been too. Simply incredible. 

That song with Narstie is rank, though. Clearly just a f**k around track, separate from any album, much like Slipshod. 

#ShikariToSubRandL2018 :ph34r:

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Any chance of zeppelin? They clearly only split for commercial reasons anyway and if reading can get 3 stadium fillers this year they could easily afford them, especially if the rest is shite

Zepp, Judas Priest, Chemical bros

BBK ft Drake, A7X, haim

Paolo nutini, Mumford, Noel ghallager 

I'm so confused

15 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Any chance of zeppelin? They clearly only split for commercial reasons anyway and if reading can get 3 stadium fillers this year they could easily afford them, especially if the rest is shite

Zepp, Judas Priest, Chemical bros

BBK ft Drake, A7X, haim

Paolo nutini, Mumford, Noel ghallager 

I'd go :lol:

18 hours ago, Odessa said:

I can't make sense of this prediction at all. This makes the Lorde shout the other day seem bang on. 

Who are the headliners here? Or is it 3 sets of 3 headliners? Or do you think Paulo Nutini is bigger than Mumfords, Noel and Avenged? What? 

still better than some of these stupid ideas on here. Royal Blood to headline? whats next, Razorlight to headline Bloodstock?

• Downvote 9

Only just peeped that Paramore's new album, despite being quite good, performed relatively poorly at shifting units. Sold just over half of what S/T did in the first week. Not saying it as anything to do with the line between a coheadliner and a headliner or any of that w*nk because they'd surely come back to headline - but maybe they won't really rush to get them back on this album tour?

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Only just peeped that Paramore's new album, despite being quite good, performed relatively poorly at shifting units. Sold just over half of what S/T did in the first week. Not saying it as anything to do with the line between a coheadliner and a headliner or any of that w*nk because they'd surely come back to headline - but maybe they won't really rush to get them back on this album tour?

Quite surprised by just how bad it's done but had a feeling their new sound might not have gelled too well with older pop/punk fans. Small price to pay for making an artistic change I guess. Still expect them to be headlining either R/L or BST next year.

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Stupid question but are albums selling as much in general as they were in 2013? Or has streaming had an effect? I don't even know if streaming counts towards album sales tbh.

18 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Stupid question but are albums selling as much in general as they were in 2013? Or has streaming had an effect? I don't even know if streaming counts towards album sales tbh.

Yeah streaming has cut hard into sales but then again it's also bringing people back from piracy too so it's give and take. Is a bit unfair considering almost every act who's been at a top level for a while has seen their sales decline but this looks a fairly sizeable drop.

Nevertheless, their tour sold out instantly - and their arena tour will sell rather quickly too when that's rolled out - so they're probably not gonna feel the effects of ditching pop punk as sorely as You Me at Six.

Friday:

Main: The 1975 / Stormzy / The kooks / Cage the elephant / Zack de la rocha / Beartooth / Highly suspect / Cabbage / Vukovi

NME: Enter shikari / Slaves

Saturday:

Main: Arctic monkeys / Pendulum / Vampire weekend / Wolf alice / Nothing but thieves / State champs / Basement / Creeper / Boston manor

NME: Martin garrix / Schoolboy Q

Sunday:

Main: Foo fighters / Catfish and the bottlemen / A day to remember / Brand new / Don broco / The amazons / The sherlocks / Turnover / Counterfeit

NME: The vaccines / Jack garratt

Main: The Killers / Tame Impala / Wolf Alice

NME: Enter Shikari / Schoolboy Q

Main: Royal Blood / Catfish & the Bottlemen / Stormzy

NME: Clean Bandit / Rag n Bone Man

Main: Kanye West / Twenty One Pilots / Thirty Seconds to Mars

NME: Vampire Weekend / Mac DeMarco