Lineup 2018

On 17/10/2016 at 0:44 PM, dentalplan said:

They get a massive following going to see them at Leeds every couple of years anyway so why cut that down to every four or five years minimum to give them a headline slot now? They're already a headliner to that mob so might as well book however many actual ones for everyone else.

Fair.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:56 PM, Shaun182 said:

Kendrick Lamar / Two door cinema club / Panic at the disco

Arctic monkeys / The courteeners / Slaves

Paramore / Enter shikari / All time tow

Can't see Two Door subbing. Good live band, but had a small NME stage crowd (admittedly against RHCP) and the new album is unlikely to excel them that much, unless the 4th album can do that. Can't see PATD any higher than 5th main/3rd NME, like in 2015

Edited by Foals/Disclosure

18 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

Can't see PATD any higher than 5th main/3rd NME, like in 2015

Panic! seem to have had a bit of a commercial renaissance as of late (for some reason) so i'd definitely think they'd get a better slot than last time round, even if it is just one place up on main

17 hours ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

Can't see PATD any higher than 5th main/3rd NME, like in 2015

They played 5th main in 2015 and since then have had a very successful album and sold out two nights at Ally Pally. They're not popular on this forum but i guarantee that next time they play they will be a logo band, either 3rd main or headlining NME. They did a co-headline tour with Weezer aswell, you're underestimating their popularity with the younger audience that makes up a majority of the crowd now.

Edited by Gozpot
  • Upvote 1

On 10/20/2016 at 0:28 PM, Andre91 said:

Panic! have done the reverse of Fall Out Boy. They're much better at being a pop band than a rock band. Where as FOB are shite at being a pop band and should go back to playing rock. They're much better at it. 

Panic! were never a rock band anyway, they just liked to think they were! 

Agreed on FOB, last album was shit.

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Panic! were never a rock band anyway, they just liked to think they were! 

Agreed on FOB, last album was shit.

First album was Pop Punk, Second was Pysch Pop/Rock, their third was Alt Rock. The latest two have been straight up Pop. They were a rock band, although have always been on the poppier side of rock.

They're considerably better at Pop than Fall Out Boy are to say the least.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Didn't Panic sell out 2 Ally Pally shows? No way they're not playing higher than they did in 2015.

Exactly what i was saying. People seem to dismiss them because they dislike them. Im not a big fan but how they can deny they are on the up is past me.

They're touting Tame Impala for co-headlining, yet Panic sold out just as many days at Ally Pally as they did.

6 hours ago, Gozpot said:

First album was Pop Punk, Second was Pysch Pop/Rock, their third was Alt Rock. The latest two have been straight up Pop. They were a rock band, although have always been on the poppier side of rock.

They're considerably better at Pop than Fall Out Boy are to say the least.

Yes, FOB aren't a pop band though.

5 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Exactly what i was saying. People seem to dismiss them because they dislike them. Im not a big fan but how they can deny they are on the up is past me.

They're touting Tame Impala for co-headlining, yet Panic sold out just as many days at Ally Pally as they did.

They are touting RB too so, it's basically who they want over anything else.

8 hours ago, Gozpot said:

So a band that makes pop music isn't a pop band just because they're bad at it?

They changed from what they were good at, it's just my opinion, I'm not asking anyone to agree.

If you listen to their earlier stuff, it's quite easy to see that they weren't a pop band however.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They could probably go the other way with that though - book stronger without Glastonbury and try and scoop up some of that crowd. Would say Foos, Arctics and Royal Blood but at least one of the first two will probably be doing stadiums instead.

Arctic Monkeys is a shout, I don't see any scenario in which BMTH don't headline in 2018 however, they're the perfect R&L band and will have a new album, it's just too perfect timing to miss.

Royal Blood / BMTH / Foos, Muse or Arctic Monkeys wouldn't look that weak provided Royal Blood and BMTHs next albums are successful which in all likelihood they will be 

1 minute ago, Gozpot said:

Arctic Monkeys is a shout, I don't see any scenario in which BMTH don't headline in 2018 however, they're the perfect R&L band and will have a new album, it's just too perfect timing to miss.

Royal Blood / BMTH / Foos, Muse or Arctic Monkeys wouldn't look that weak provided Royal Blood and BMTHs next albums are successful which in all likelihood they will be 

Yeah that's all true enough. That'd probably be hella strong in two years' time actually.