Lineup 2018

Can't see Vaccines or Frank Turner progressing from where they're at now, whereas I could see Wolf Alice and Chvrches doing so but you've got em in slots they could easily do now.

Can't see Imagine Dragons getting any bigger either. Foos and Arctics are pretty good shouts - I feel like Arctic Monkeys will wanna do stadiums on the next tour but they could do that the year after I suppose.

replace Imagine Dragons with Alt-J and i reckon that might look pretty close to what we get in 2018, although if Kendrick has a new album out by then he must also be a strong contender to either co-headline or all out headline (probably the latter)

both Arctics and Foos together in one year seems pretty huge by today's R/L standards though so can see one of them (Arctics) maybe giving it a miss. Foos seem like a lock with Glastonbury out of the picture

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

replace Imagine Dragons with Alt-J and i reckon that might look pretty close to what we get in 2018, although if Kendrick has a new album out by then he must also be a strong contender to either co-headline or all out headline (probably the latter)

both Arctics and Foos together in one year seems pretty huge by today's R/L standards though so can see one of them (Arctics) maybe giving it a miss. Foos seem like a lock with Glastonbury out of the picture

I'd say Foo's, Kendrick and Alt-J is more likely though if they'll do them both the same year I'd have a doubt. Reading surely will have Foo's provided they are back in 18, along with Blink probably haha.

On 22/09/2016 at 10:50 PM, Zac Quinn said:

One of them is in Leeds, though. It's not that much of a stretch that they could co-headline and therefore close Leeds but essentially be a sub at Reading.

They won't ever play any higher than they did this year, they're miles off co-headlining, if it wasn't for Leeds they wouldn't have even been 3rd top this year, they won't get any bigger.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/10/2016 at 1:11 AM, OscarEB said:

Foo 

Tame Impala/21P

BMTH 

There's not a hope in hell that TOP will co-headline in 2018.
BMTH are more likely to headline this year is the general concensus
Foos will likely play Glastonbury when they are back before they play Reading to make up for pulling out the other year.

26 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

There's not a hope in hell that TOP will co-headline in 2018.
BMTH are more likely to headline this year is the general concensus
Foos will likely play Glastonbury when they are back before they play Reading to make up for pulling out the other year.

Glastonbury isn't on in 2018 so if they're back that Summer they'll play elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Courteeners playing Old Trafford cricket ground next summer :o I know there's the whole weird Manchester bias thing but it really wouldn't surprise me if they co-headlined in 2018 and so essentially headlined Leeds but subbed at Reading.

I think the bias is far too great towards Manchester for them to be considered big enough to headline or even co. They're only doing an academy tour on their 5th album, don't think the overall popularity is there

5 minutes ago, leej7 said:

I think the bias is far too great towards Manchester for them to be considered big enough to headline or even co. They're only doing an academy tour on their 5th album, don't think the overall popularity is there

I agree in the country as a whole, if they turned up on TV as the Reading headliners it'd be greeted by everywhere outside the Pennines with a massive cry of 'what'. But I think they could get away with headlining Leeds, so a co-headlining arrangement where they close Leeds but are clearly only second-fiddle to The 1975 or whoever at Reading wouldn't be too outrageous.

9 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I agree in the country as a whole, if they turned up on TV as the Reading headliners it'd be greeted by everywhere outside the Pennines with a massive cry of 'what'. But I think they could get away with headlining Leeds, so a co-headlining arrangement where they close Leeds but are clearly only second-fiddle to The 1975 or whoever at Reading wouldn't be too outrageous.

They get a massive following going to see them at Leeds every couple of years anyway so why cut that down to every four or five years minimum to give them a headline slot now? They're already a headliner to that mob so might as well book however many actual ones for everyone else.

13 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Courteeners playing Old Trafford cricket ground next summer :o I know there's the whole weird Manchester bias thing but it really wouldn't surprise me if they co-headlined in 2018 and so essentially headlined Leeds but subbed at Reading.

If the Courteeners headlined it'd be an absolute farce, they aren't anywhere near big enough nationwide to justify a sub spot, let alone any higher, if they were booked they would get heavily slated for taking a cheap option as a headliner, there's so many acts in a better position than they are currently to be pushed up.