Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, dylangraham said:

By 2018 I think they'd be big enough coheadliners by R&L standards, providing their next album doesn't flop. Bear in mind both Foals & Tame Impala are Pyramid sub headliners at Glastonbury this year so I'd say they're pretty similar in size rn. However I take your point that R&L have pushed for Foals a lot more.

Very true, however if they play next year they i can't see them headlining, they'd need to hold off another year then put out a successful album, definitely potential provided they do put out a strong album, however i'd hope after this year having two co-headlines we get a couple years without them doing it again. co-headliners just don't have the same impact an outright headliner does for me.

7 minutes ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Very true, however if they play next year they i can't see them headlining, they'd need to hold off another year then put out a successful album, definitely potential provided they do put out a strong album, however i'd hope after this year having two co-headlines we get a couple years without them doing it again. co-headliners just don't have the same impact an outright headliner does for me.

This is the 2018 thread, not the 2017 thread ;)

11 minutes ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

I know, was just bringing up the fact that should they play next year there's not a chance they'll headline 2018, i kinda get the feeling they will sub next year then return as co-headliners/headliners in 2019/2020

Ahh sorry I get you. Yeah that's also a possibility - either way I think they'll be playing very high up on the main stage within the next few years

1 hour ago, dylangraham said:

Ahh sorry I get you. Yeah that's also a possibility - either way I think they'll be playing very high up on the main stage within the next few years

We really can't make any kind of accurate guesses at this time, two years is a long time in the music industry, bands could break up, bands could reform, bands could drop off the face of the earth or catapult to being huge in that time. For all we know come 2018 someone like Catfish could be co-headlining, unlikely but if this album is a success and they release another that does well who knows...

5 hours ago, oneoftherest said:

9/10 Arctic Monkeys will headline in 2018

Depends when their next album is released. They'd probably do Glastonbury before R+L so unless they've got it out in time for festival season next year i don't see it until 2019 and as Alex Turner is touring TLSP all summer it'd have to be rushed to get a new Arctics album out.

18 minutes ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Depends when their next album is released. They'd probably do Glastonbury before R+L so unless they've got it out in time for festival season next year i don't see it until 2019 and as Alex Turner is touring TLSP all summer it'd have to be rushed to get a new Arctics album out.

I don't think they'll do Glastonbury before R&L necessarily.. AM last headlined there in 2013 and Glastonbury tend to have bigger gaps than R&L between rebooking headliners. I wouldn't be surprised if they play R&L before Glastonbury again

22 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

I don't think they'll do Glastonbury before R&L necessarily.. AM last headlined there in 2013 and Glastonbury tend to have bigger gaps than R&L between rebooking headliners. I wouldn't be surprised if they play R&L before Glastonbury again

Say they aren't touring until 2018, that will have been 5 years, pretty big gap and they're one of the biggest bands in the UK, i still think Glastonbury would go after them unless they had other massive headliners/reunion headliners already booked

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Say they aren't touring until 2018, that will have been 5 years, pretty big gap and they're one of the biggest bands in the UK, i still think Glastonbury would go after them unless they had other massive headliners/reunion headliners already booked

Yeah I still thank Arctic Monkeys will be a 'second option' for Glastonbury. I know AM hadn't actually been released when they last headlined but it was part of the AM tour, so that would mean really they've only released one album since their last headline if they play in 2018. I'm not saying I don't think they'll play Glastonbury that year, I just think it's more likely they'll do R&L instead, or even T in the Park or Isle of Wight - there's a few festivals that would probably go for them before Glastonbury.

Edited by dylangraham

8 minutes ago, jake.b.overton said:

Aren't glastonbury having a fallow year in '18 so won't be booking anybody?

It's not certain when the fallow year is going to be, but right now it looks like it'll be 2019 and there's rumours they'll be holding another event at Longleat that year too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2 June 2016 at 8:04 PM, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

I know, was just bringing up the fact that should they play next year there's not a chance they'll headline 2018, i kinda get the feeling they will sub next year then return as co-headliners/headliners in 2019/2020

Surely they'll have finished touring by this time next year. This is the second summer touring Currents. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/22/2016 at 10:01 AM, dylangraham said:

Foo Fighters
BMTH
Kendrick Lamar

BMTH are seemingly more possible for next year.

7 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I think Tame Impala are more likely to headline Coachella in 2018 than Reading and Leeds. Also I think The Courteeners could maybe be an outside bet for a co-headline slot in 2018, not a massive fan but they've been drawing some huge crowds this year.

No reason why they couldn't do both but considering the lack of Tame Impala being booked recently for R&L I doubt it.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Is Coachella moving to August Bank Holiday weekend too or something?

I know its possible they could do both but I just think Coachella seems to be more like their festival than Reading and Leeds (it helped to break them in america and they subbed AC/DC last time they played).

On 18/09/2016 at 9:43 PM, addicted2noise said:

Also I think The Courteeners could maybe be an outside bet for a co-headline slot in 2018, not a massive fan but they've been drawing some huge crowds this year.

The Courteeners will never headline, they've never been huge and the fact they played 3rd top this year was generous, the festivals aren't in Manchester therefore they aren't going to headline.

The Courteeners certainly got bigger than i ever fathomed they would, but headlining a major fest seems like a huge push for them. there really isn't that much to them and their days of having big singles are over. reckon third is about as high as they'll ever get. there are far more other acts who currently seem better poised to take the step up than they do