Tickets Despatched!!!!! glast-GOOOOO!

Stooonami

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Chuggs said:

I see 32% as well. When did you get yours - in the main resale like I did?

I think we've spotted that the lower number relates to the full price april resale tickets.  I see 38% this morning, but the general tracker shows 65%.   Weirdly if balance payment tickets shows 66% dispatched, then we should be able to calculate exactly how many tickets were resold in the general sale.

My maths is terrible but I put together a spreadsheet simulation and got out the following figures, assuming 175000 total tickets were sold.  

Number sold first time and retained:  173250

Of which dispatched:114345

Number sold in the resale: 1750

Of which dispatched: 665

Doesn't seem quite right to me (only 1% of tickets resold), so i suspect there might be a higher figure of balance payments dispatched which i cant yet see.  Obv i havent taken into account secret resales or refunded tickets.

Edited by siblin

17 minutes ago, siblin said:

I think we've spotted that the lower number relates to the full price april resale tickets.  I see 38% this morning, but the general tracker shows 65%.   Weirdly if balance payment tickets shows 66% dispatched, then we should be able to calculate exactly how many tickets were resold in the general sale.

My maths is terrible but I put together a spreadsheet simulation and got out the following figures, assuming 175000 total tickets were sold.

Number sold first time and retained 

By my calculations using the 38, 65 & 66% figures and a total of 135000 GA tickets the number in the original resale was about 5000.

This is only approximate as the percentages are obviously rounded to integer.

( I used 0.38x + 0.66( 135000-x) = 0.65 * 135000 )

40 minutes ago, Splatt said:

How long from dispatch email to receipt of tickets? Got my email yesterday but the royal mail delivery tracker says my ref number isn't currently in their system...

Mine arrived today, got the mail at 13:02 yesterday, noticed on see tickets tracker my status changed roughly 10:30 yesterday, tix in hand this morning, I could track the start point on royal mail tracker first thing this morning - just copied the link from the mail into a browser and it populated it all - have you tried that?

Could see that it was collected in Nottingham at 15:05 yesterday, so I don't know why you can't see any tracking info, maybe others may have an answer.

My signature is on the tracking info now, I received them at 10:32

Edited by moheetoes

47 minutes ago, siblin said:

I think we've spotted that the lower number relates to the full price april resale tickets.  I see 38% this morning

39% now. We should be getting our tickets from the resale no later than 6th July at this rate :huh:

3 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Mine arrived today, got the mail at 13:02 yesterday, noticed on see tickets tracker my status changed roughly 10:30, tix in hand this morning, I could track the start point on royal mail tracker first thing - just copied the link from the mail into a browser and it populated it all - have you tried that?

Thanks - I got my mail at 1615 yesterday &  input link into royal mail tracker & just get the message :'Please come back later Special Delivery Guaranteed™ items are first tracked when they have reached our mail centre. This may be late in the evening on the day the item was sent.'

I will try not to panic yet & hold off until tomorrow, if things haven't changed by then I'll be banging on the door of seetickets to make sure mine haven't been 'lost' in the system.

37 minutes ago, alanr said:

By my calculations using the 38, 65 & 66% figures and a total of 135000 GA tickets the number in the original resale was about 5000.

This is only approximate as the percentages are obviously rounded to integer.

( I used 0.38x + 0.66( 135000-x) = 0.65 * 135000 )

Cool, debugging my spreadsheet its indirectly the same maths as i've been using.  Its hard to get the model to work though, my assumption of 175000 is clearly wrong, and as you say rounding errors can make a huge difference when you're talking about only 1% difference between general dispatched and total dispatched.

I think making a few tweaks to percentages based on historical data your figure is about right, roughly 4% of tickets appear to have gone up in the april resale, making me pretty lucky!

2 hours ago, siblin said:

Cool, debugging my spreadsheet its indirectly the same maths as i've been using.  Its hard to get the model to work though, my assumption of 175000 is clearly wrong, and as you say rounding errors can make a huge difference when you're talking about only 1% difference between general dispatched and total dispatched.

I think making a few tweaks to percentages based on historical data your figure is about right, roughly 4% of tickets appear to have gone up in the april resale, making me pretty lucky!

My understanding is that 135K tickets are sold, 175K is the number on site including all staff etc

2 minutes ago, alanr said:

My understanding is that 135K tickets are sold, 175K is the number on site including all staff etc

I guess that must be right, though i always thought there were well over 200,000 people on site