Tickets Despatched!!!!! glast-GOOOOO!

Stooonami

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Have any of the Scotchies had their tickets yet?

Our London based guys already have theirs but we've not even had a dispatch email yet.

My two friends are coming from Renfrewshire and one got hers last weekend and one is still waiting. I live down in Watford now and got mine through today. 

HOORAY! 

Have tickets in my slightly sweaty hand! Had to pick them up from sorting office as was out when they tried to deliver. Postie pretended he couldn't find the envelope then chucked a massive grin as he produced them from behind his back! He'd guessed they were glasto tickets as he'd got his the day before and he recognised the address on the back of the envelope!! Near had a heart attack!

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

No! (Glastonbury tickets??) I'm guessing you can't go and that's why you've got a refund, but if something changes, have yourself a free Glastonbury old chum!

Got 4 tickets in the resale, but had to get a refund for 2 of them. Yesterday I received all 4 of them!

16 minutes ago, Nessipessi said:

Got 4 tickets in the resale, but had to get a refund for 2 of them. Yesterday I received all 4 of them!

You lucky devil!! Did you just not pay the balance, or did you 'cancel' them? Hope this happens to me, as one of my group thought he couldn't go, so didn't pay the balance. He now is able to and is desperate to find a way to go!

Edit: if one of these extra tickets was by any chance going spare, and is a handsome 20 something male, I know a glastonbury lover who would be ecstatic to take it off your hands! ;)

Edited by LetsGoToMars

33 minutes ago, LetsGoToMars said:

You lucky devil!! Did you just not pay the balance, or did you 'cancel' them? Hope this happens to me, as one of my group thought he couldn't go, so didn't pay the balance. He now is able to and is desperate to find a way to go!

Edit: if one of these extra tickets was by any chance going spare, and is a handsome 20 something male, I know a glastonbury lover who would be ecstatic to take it off your hands! ;)

Seetickets helped me cancel them via twitter 1 day before the cancellation deadline. Are we sure it's actually possible to use them? 

Edited by Nessipessi

10 minutes ago, Nessipessi said:

Seetickets helped me cancel them via twitter 1 day before the cancellation deadline. Are we sure it's actually possible to use them? 

Once a ticket has been physically issued, it's near impossible for it to be revoked - there's no blacklist of tickets etc, no electronic checking or barcodes. The closest thing (and which sometimes gets mistaken for electronic checking) is putting it under a UV light to check the security features.

The only way to revoke a ticket would be to have the stewards manually check against a list of names/numbers or expect them to remember which tickets are invalid - and that's not vaguely realistic, they've already got too many variables to remember as it is with all the different ticket / wristband types out there, photo checking, security features etc.

My suggestion would be - if the people can make use of the tickets somehow (say if they were cancelled because they needed the cash back, or because they couldn't make it until saturday and thought it wasn't worth it) - then definitely do so.

If not, you could pass on the tickets, but obviously the photos complicate that - there's undoubtedly people who've got in on tickets with another persons photo over the years, but I've also seen people turned away. My suggestion would be to try and find a match from the people still seeking tickets in the competitions / secret resales threads.. Obviously the closer the photo is, the less problems they're likely to have on the gates.