Help! Someone who has got Redlink car ferry previously!

Hey me and a couple friends are looking to book our ferry for bestival nice and early this year as last time we tried waaaay too late and had to arrive at 5pm on the thursday (had to camp in pink :unsure:) we were looking to get the 13:00 ferry there on the thursday and the 3:30pm back on the monday and just wondered if anyone could give us some advice on how big the queues will be either way, especially what time we should leave on the monday to get there for 3pm? ^_^

Thank you !!! So excited to find out about the sunday headliner! xx

Edit: I know we have to leave the campsite I assume by about 12 but we wanted to take it nice and slow as we will all be pretty tired and will probably go somewhere for lunch or something unless there are like 3 hours queues 

Edited by spaghettibolognese

• 3 months later...

Hey hey - late reply but did you book those ferry times?

I personally think no matter what time you arrive on the Thursday or cross on the Monday, it will be a mare. The Island itself is pretty small and the traffic flows pretty much all around the roads leading to both the Red Funnel and Wight Link ports - even without a festival happening there can be some stonking queues I'm afraid.

Next time around, I would aim for a ferry on the Tuesday night / early Weds morning, book a campsite or B & B for a night and have a day chilling on the beach until the Thursday comes around and you can shift to Robin Hill - same for return journey, I would aim to have a night on the Monday and travel back on the Tuesday - know it probs is no help for this year but it is food for thought.

:) Enjoy xx

Edited by LottieRB