Ticket Competitions

cb4747

48 minutes ago, GlastoAwe said:

How are they contacting winners? Thinking about the withheld number I ignored earlier assuming someone would try and reclaim the ppi I've never paid...can you imagine you won and missed the contact?!

They're calling people but from what I've heard they've all been contacted (and I think they email them as well)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, GlastoAwe said:

How are they contacting winners? Thinking about the withheld number I ignored earlier assuming someone would try and reclaim the ppi I've never paid...can you imagine you won and missed the contact?!

If it's a genuine competition they will usually leave a message and/or email 

Just bumping this since we've had confirmation from Glastonbury that there will be no further ticket sales. If you do see any competitions not listed please feel free to share! Keep ears and eyes peeled on social media and radio stations! 

4 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Just bumping this since we've had confirmation from Glastonbury that there will be no further ticket sales. If you do see any competitions not listed please feel free to share! Keep ears and eyes peeled on social media and radio stations! 

most years local papers run competitions so it might be worth keeping an eye on the somerset guardian website. an ex of mine won a ticket a few years ago

1 minute ago, dj matt james said:

most years local papers run competitions so it might be worth keeping an eye on the somerset guardian website. an ex of mine won a ticket a few years ago

Thanks for sharing, will keep an eye on their webpage! 

36 minutes ago, dj matt james said:

Thanks :) keeping an eye out for as many as I can. Although I won radio 1 big weekend tickets last week so I think I've used all my luck up for this year! 

7 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Thanks :) keeping an eye out for as many as I can. Although I won radio 1 big weekend tickets last week so I think I've used all my luck up for this year! 

aw that's lucky, those bloody things are so frustrating. Feel free to help me haha! I listen to it like 20 times in a row and want to throw my phone out the window. 

8 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

aw that's lucky, those bloody things are so frustrating. Feel free to help me haha! I listen to it like 20 times in a row and want to throw my phone out the window. 

I'm more than happy to help! I'll dm you my trick for winning them :)

Someone on twitter claims to have won 2 tickets in a competition and is now selling them (from what I can gather from people who've DM'd him, to the highest bidder). I can understand the desire to cash in but crikey, just don't be a tosser and hand them back. If he's not just scamming, anyway 

Edited by emilyboris

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:59 AM, cb4747 said:

It's possible! The Guardian one ended on the 27th but haven't heard of anyone who has won yet. Between the competitions and secret sales I think chances of getting a ticket are pretty fair ;)

luckily managed to win 2 tickets today got a call saying you have won tickets to Glastonbury after missing out this year definitely give competitions a go

4 minutes ago, weeksy97 said:

luckily managed to win 2 tickets today got a call saying you have won tickets to Glastonbury after missing out this year definitely give competitions a go

Congrats! Who'd you win tickets off?

Edited by emilyboris

I've not read the whole thread but I got a txt from EE about a Glastonbury ticket competition, it looks like you have to be an EE customer though.  Seeing as you could be a PAYG customer and therefore EE wouldn't have all their customers names, I'm happy to enter for someone if they want?

13 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

I've not read the whole thread but I got a txt from EE about a Glastonbury ticket competition, it looks like you have to be an EE customer though.  Seeing as you could be a PAYG customer and therefore EE wouldn't have all their customers names, I'm happy to enter for someone if they want?

I've gone and bought an ee pay as you go sim for it haha! That's kind of you!

24 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

I've seen a complete tool on Twitter saying he's selling a ticket he's won. I swear to god that has made me so angry what I would do for those tickets

He's been reported to the appropriate channels don't worry B)

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

I've seen a complete tool on Twitter saying he's selling a ticket he's won. I swear to god that has made me so angry what I would do for those tickets

As above, apparently he said he was selling to highest bidder when people DM'd him. I quoted his tweet suggesting he handed them back and he blocked me. Hopefully his entry is voided and another lucky, more appreciative person gets hold of them!