new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

14 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

Hello all, 

I've been a lurker for a little while and decided to make an account and hopefully meet some people who are going to UK festivals this year as volunteers (anyone?).

This will be my first Glastonbury, I've been to other smaller festivals before and have wanted to go to Glastonbury since I was a kid.

I'm very very excited to see Radiohead come June

Joe :)

Hi Joe. As I'm sure you've noticed by now there are people on here who regularly volunteer, and every year there are those trying it for the first time. At this time of year most volunteering place won't have been allocated, so it's early days yet. If you've any specific questions post them up in the chat forum.

I think you'll be in for a shock at the size of the place compared to other festivals. A walk to the top of the hill above the Park is a standard recommendation for first timers, and the view from there is staggering. :)

I'm never quiet enough to lurk. This will be my 1st Glastonbury. I am a dual UK/US national living in Manchester. I have so much more to chime in on but must remain tight-lipped now. :/ So hard for this big mouth. Just please don't ask me my opinion on T. I get that wherever I go when people hear my accent.

27 minutes ago, Queen said:

I'm never quiet enough to lurk. This will be my 1st Glastonbury. I am a dual UK/US national living in Manchester. I have so much more to chime in on but must remain tight-lipped now. :/ So hard for this big mouth. Just please don't ask me my opinion on T. I get that wherever I go when people hear my accent.

what's your opinion on T?

:D

1 hour ago, Queen said:

51 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

what's your opinion on T?

:D

If he pushes the Trump thing just ask Neil his opinion on Jeremy Corbyn @Queen:lol:

Love you Neil ;)

Finally decided to sign up after coming here on and off for the past few years to try and work out who will be be playing where at Glasto!  Recently moved to NZ but will be back in the UK in June for what will be my 5th year on the farm.  Counting down the days until that first poster is released!

15 hours ago, TunaBaby said:

Finally decided to sign up after coming here on and off for the past few years to try and work out who will be be playing where at Glasto!  Recently moved to NZ but will be back in the UK in June for what will be my 5th year on the farm.  Counting down the days until that first poster is released!

Are you the spawn of @Tuna?!

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Surely promiscuity increases the likelihood of unknown children?

I was trying to imply that I know my levels of promiscuity. Being 0. I spent so long trying to word it well too. What a terrible father figure I am. 

Perhaps promiscuity (or lack thereof) would have suited. I think I've spent long enough on my toilet break now anyway. Welcome @TunaBaby

Edited by Tuna

26 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I was trying to imply that I know my levels of promiscuity. Being 0. I spent so long trying to word it well too. What a terrible father figure I am. 

Perhaps promiscuity (or lack thereof) would have suited. I think I've spent long enough on my toilet break now anyway. Welcome @TunaBaby

Assuming that your toilet break is a work based one there's a great calculator that you can use to see how much you have earned while taking that dump;

https://www.plumbworld.co.uk/toilet-calculator

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

Thanks for the welcome guys, I can confirm that I am not the spawn or offspring of @Tuna, but this is one big family anyway right??!?

We help and ridicule one another. Of course it's like a big family. 

Apart from members who meet on here and are getting married. The analogy falls down one big incestuous hole at that point. 

But you get the idea!

Welcome all!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Woffy said:

We help and ridicule one another. Of course it's like a big family. 

Apart from members who meet on here and are getting married. The analogy falls down one big incestuous hole at that point. 

But you get the idea!

Welcome all!

They do things differently "over there".  Don't think it's a problem.

• Upvote 1

Hi guys, 

My names Jessica and im a sociology student with a massive love for festivals ! I have worked and attended many festivals in recent years, and have decided to do a dissertation based on the normalisation of recreational drug use at dance music festivals ! I have conducted a survey that requires basic demographic information, views on festivals, and general drug use. Answers are anonymous and take 4 minutes to do. Please help a sister out and complete a survey ! It would be really appreciated and good karma will be coming your way ! https://mmuqstep.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6VzXB38swTGh1yd

On 19/01/2017 at 6:42 PM, LifeBegins@What??? said:

Hi all my name is wayne and i'm from a little town in norfolk and i've been lucky enough to get me and my daughter our first glastonbury tickets so thought i'd would join up as i think i gonna need some advice on first timer.. As a teen i used to go to donnington monsters of rock..So as quoted by billy bragg: Glastonbury makes other festivals look like a gig in a field..make's me think i will be on here quite a lot on the run up to june 

O and forgot to mention we have a little free festival every year here's a brief history of it...  

History
Festival Too was born back in 1985, when a group of business people got together to put on a music event in town to complement the King’s Lynn Festival. In year one, the budget for this was £5,000, with local businesses sponsoring the top musical acts of the day. In recent years, the budget has grown to an impressive £80,000, still massively supported by donations from local companies, private individuals and the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk, as well as national names such as McDonald´s. The committee would also like to thank anyone who has put money into the Festival Too buckets when they have attended any of the nights.

Support and sponsorship
Festival Too is totally non-profit making. Every single penny raised is put directly back into the Festival itself to provide top quality FREE entertainment. The Festival now features fireworks on the opening night and a full programme of street entertainment on the three Saturdays of the Festival so that families visiting the town can enjoy such activities as clown shows, jugglers, puppets and balloon modelling whilst shopping and getting ready for the evening´s entertainment.

Previous year´s acts
With help and support from the local press and radio, we publicise the event well in advance of Festival Too, ensuring as many people come along and enjoy the FREE event as much as possible. Regular crowds of over 10,000 have seen acts such as Scouting For Girls, The Hoosiers, Blue, Atomic Kitten, Toyah Willcox, Deacon Blue, The Stranglers, Bad Manners, The Human League, Heather Small of M People thrill the audience.

On 1/31/2017 at 10:07 AM, Queen said:

OK so T

Where do you stand? 

with me it's Yorkshire and loose leaf , Yorkshire in bags is fine if you are camping . this year will be the first year I will take my tea strainer and a little tea pot.

Hi everyone! This is my first post on here - after using the line-up rumour pages for some years, I've recently just discovered the wonders of the forum! You guys and your posts have helped sufficiently over-excite me to the point where I'm going to have to post on here rather than bore my friends to tears with my incessant glasto chat. Constantly having to calm me down with a gentle "you know we're not going till June, right?" is probably going to get boring for them pretty quickly. No one likes a lurker anyway, right? :D p.s. I'm assuming the forum chat about the Prodigy aren't going to come to anything, but any clash with them and Radiohead will have me weeping into my cider!

On 2/11/2017 at 2:08 AM, Sasperella said:

Hi everyone! This is my first post on here - after using the line-up rumour pages for some years, I've recently just discovered the wonders of the forum! You guys and your posts have helped sufficiently over-excite me to the point where I'm going to have to post on here rather than bore my friends to tears with my incessant glasto chat. Constantly having to calm me down with a gentle "you know we're not going till June, right?" is probably going to get boring for them pretty quickly. No one likes a lurker anyway, right? :D p.s. I'm assuming the forum chat about the Prodigy aren't going to come to anything, but any clash with them and Radiohead will have me weeping into my cider!

Welcome Sasperalla

i think we are all in the same boat boring people about Glastonbury,