new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

I've been reading this forum for a while but only just got round to registering. I didn't manage to get tickets this year, which I convinced myself was fine as most of my group of friends weren't going either. Now the time has arrived I'm really frustrated at not being there, particularly as the weather looks good. I plan to watch as much as I can on the BBC and looking forward to getting a clear view of the stage without having to peer over or around someone's shoulder/ sunhat/ child/ and flag.

54 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Hello there - second-time account as have both forgotten the name of my original one and lost the email it was originally synced to!

But after several years away from the eFestivals boards, Glastonbury season seems like the perfect time to get chatting again.

Happy to be back!

Welcome back.  And a great choice of user name

• Thanks 1

Hey! 👋

Long time lurker but no stranger to a festival or two! Both my partner and I have tried for years to get tickets to Glastonbury and are really hoping we manage to get some for next year's edition! Any tips and tricks so the two of us can finally go are greatly appreciated! 🤩

23 minutes ago, pdiddylive said:

Hey! 👋

Long time lurker but no stranger to a festival or two! Both my partner and I have tried for years to get tickets to Glastonbury and are really hoping we manage to get some for next year's edition! Any tips and tricks so the two of us can finally go are greatly appreciated! 🤩

This site is the best tip trick you can get … keep active and people will be likely to help come the sale time 

Hey everyone. Long time lurker but finally decided to create an account. It was my fifth consecutive Glastonbury this year, I've also done a few others like Field Day, Leeds, Reading etc. over the years.

I'm probably on the older end of people in here, being in my forties, but still love it.

Hi everyone!

Another lurker who's only just registering. Loved all the info on here in the run up to the festival, including an almost perverse obsession with checking the weather thread...

Was my second Glasto and had another wonderful weekend. Excited to try to get tickets again for 2023 and hopefully meet some of you there!

Guy

Hey hey! 

Just about recovered from my 4th Glastonbury now and decided that after lurking here since January I should join the cult! 

It was my first fest since 2015 but felt like no time had passed since we last set foot in it - there's magic there, no doubt about it! 

Can't wait for next year, whatever happens - that valley is home for 5 days! 

Hi, I'm James/Jim. Short-time lurker!

My family is from the Frome area, I grew-up in Bath/Cornwall, been living in Bristol for 15 years. My older cousins all went to Glasto in the mid/late 90's, feel like I've a local connection to the place.

Despite that I've only managed to get there a couple of times. 2007... Loved it, but the weather inflicted some trauma! Went on a Sunday ticket in 2010 (England v.Germany, Stevie Wonder). For one reason or another it never happened again until 2020, which rolled into 2022! Much better luck with the weather this time. Still loved it - fascinating to see what's evolved and what's not been lost. I'm sure I'll be back again...

Hi everyone! 

Long time lurker on the forum (since 2019 actually). Finally got around to attending my first Glasto this year and wow what a place. Of course I have read and heard so much about the festival and how special it is, but you can never truly understand what people mean by it until you are there yourself witnessing its magic. 

Anyway, I have decided to register and start contributing to the forum as I am already so excited about the festival next year, and I think I will have a hard time staying away from the forum as we count down the days until we're back on the farm. 

I look forward to waiting impatiently with you all.

All the best, 

Riley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M9Riley said:

Hi everyone! 

Long time lurker on the forum (since 2019 actually). Finally got around to attending my first Glasto this year and wow what a place. Of course I have read and heard so much about the festival and how special it is, but you can never truly understand what people mean by it until you are there yourself witnessing its magic. 

Anyway, I have decided to register and start contributing to the forum as I am already so excited about the festival next year, and I think I will have a hard time staying away from the forum as we count down the days until we're back on the farm. 

I look forward to waiting impatiently with you all.

All the best, 

Riley.

Welcome aboard and glad you had a great time 😊

On 5/9/2022 at 9:45 PM, yehbutnobut said:

Hello Thomas. Glasto is going to tear you a knew one, and i'll be watching... Welcome to eFests 😘 x

It did. And I enjoyed every second of it. Until next year!! X

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Jump.2 said:

Sorry I'm not sure what you're talking about, what have I been spamming?

promoting a competing forum, you will have known you'd get banned for it, which is why i decided to ban you for it, cos you wanted to get banned.

Edited by Neil

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

promoting an competing forum, you will have known you'd get banned for it, which is why i decided to ban you for it, cos you wanted to get banned.

Are you talking about the discord? That wasn't really me spamming though, someone asked for a link to it so I posted it for them which was weeks ago just like how other regulars have done without being banned, it's how I found it in the first place. I didn't realize posting links to other forums was bannable since people have posted links to reddit, the official Download forums etc before.

5 minutes ago, Jump.2 said:

like how other regulars have done without being banned

none that i'm aware of, you don't do it to be helpful, you do it to try to damage this forum. so you're treated how you deserve to be treated.

11 minutes ago, Jump.2 said:

Are you talking about the discord? That wasn't really me spamming though, someone asked for a link to it so I posted it for them which was weeks ago just like how other regulars have done without being banned, it's how I found it in the first place. I didn't realize posting links to other forums was bannable since people have posted links to reddit, the official Download forums etc before.

this is not free publicity for your failing cliquey forums.

Edited by Neil

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

this is not free publicity for your failing cliquey forums.

It's not my Discord and I haven't even been on it for while. I'm also pretty sure I wasn't praising it when it was brought up in conversation and said something along the lines of it being too someting-centric.

Could you at least sign out the @jump account as I can't access the sign out button banned?