new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have been lurking and frequenting the chat boards for a while now and thought I should really try and join in and contribute. 2019 was my first Glastonbury and like so many others it changed my life. Had tickets for this year so obviously gutted when it couldn’t go ahead. Definitely rolling over for 2021 and already cannot wait. Musical tastes are pretty broad and always looking for tips on good new music   Looking forward to becoming part of this community and hopefully contributing when I have time. (Currently furloughed so will have time atm)

Edited by Snoop Cat

2 hours ago, Snoop Cat said:

Hi All,

I have been lurking and frequenting the chat boards for a while now and thought I should really try and join in and contribute. 2019 was my first Glastonbury and like so many others it changed my life. Had tickets for this year so obviously gutted when it couldn’t go ahead. Definitely rolling over for 2021 and already cannot wait. Musical tastes are pretty broad and always looking for tips on good new music   Looking forward to becoming part of this community and hopefully contributing when I have time. (Currently furloughed so will have time atm)

Welcome! 🙂

2 hours ago, Snoop Cat said:

Hi All,

Welcome....

They arent all as gloriously hot as 2019.... (or maybe you are the lucky punter that brings the the sun...😎

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

Welcome....

They arent all as gloriously hot as 2019.... (or maybe you are the lucky punter that brings the the sun...😎

My friends who have attended many reminded me of this regularly last year! I found it hard to imagine a muddy one but keeping my hopes up for a dry 2021

1 hour ago, Snoop Cat said:

My friends who have attended many reminded me of this regularly last year! I found it hard to imagine a muddy one but keeping my hopes up for a dry 2021

May the sun gods keep shining on you my friend....

(wish I had tickets...)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Evening all,

Long time lurker trying to get the inside track on the lineup, so thought it was time to get involved. This year would’ve been number 5 for me, bit nervous about it going ahead  in 2021, but a long time between now and then. Looking forward to some wild conjecture and speculation in the meantime..

Good evening :) welcome to the fun ... think we are all nervous but that will make 2021 all the more fun when we get to the farm :) 

On 6/28/2020 at 10:47 AM, Pilton94 said:

Hi I’m Alex

Havent been able to attend the farm since 2008 having not missed one since 1994.  Really keen to sort this out for 2021.

That's some very bad luck if you've failed to get tickets for the last 9 festivals.

• 3 months later...

Hi. Long time keen lurker here. I have a chequered Glasto career. I went regularly from early 80s (as a kid) until 95, then only attended a few until 2008, and have only missed one since then. I grew up locally but moved away. Family still live very locally (like 20 minutes walk from gate B) so I don’t camp nowadays. Does make it easier to bring the kids though. My 9 year old has been to five of the six since her birth (decided 2016 best done alone...)
Usually manage Thursday afternoon to Sunday night  Hate the drive to M5 on Monday 

The forum picks me up during the dark days of winter or fallow years

4 minutes ago, TheBigT said:

Hi. Long time keen lurker here. I have a chequered Glasto career. I went regularly from early 80s (as a kid) until 95, then only attended a few until 2008, and have only missed one since then. I grew up locally but moved away. Family still live very locally (like 20 minutes walk from gate B) so I don’t camp nowadays. Does make it easier to bring the kids though. My 9 year old has been to five of the six since her birth (decided 2016 best done alone...)
Usually manage Thursday afternoon to Sunday night  Hate the drive to M5 on Monday 

Welcome to posting :) 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheBigT said:

Welcome :) sounds like you'd have lots of great memories of the festival to share! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheBigT said:

Welcome on board.

Not sure if there is a term for it, but I am probably a semi-lurker!  I kind of lurk for a bit, then go through bouts of posting, then back to lurking for a while again.  I think I have posted more today than I have in the last few months put together.

It all depends what is going on - there seems to be a bit of positivity brewing which is great to see.

See you around 😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, been lurking for about two years, 20' was meant to be my first glasto (lol) but oh well. 21' here we come! Decided to make an account because there tends to be good discussion here that I'd like to get involved in- I am obsessed with rap but listen to a few other genres too. 

Hey - from UK, been to numerous festivals over the years - both playing and as a punter - never done Glastonbury (as yet) but see it as the holy grail and fully intend to visit in the next 3-5 years.

Favourite festival - Probably Northside in Denmark, 2014. Great line up and was fortunate enough to be there as friends of a band who were up-and-coming at the time, so got the VIP experience which was pretty crazy.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Welcome @Mellotr0n and @Haan to the fun ..... enjoy the build up to next year .... a few more months and we will slowly see the covid threads drop and the usual suspects like the weather thread return to the top of the forum ... 

Thanks - I'm grimly obsessed with Covid threads on various forums, but yes, looking forward to the time when days will go by without even a single thought about this crappy virus.

Edited by Mellotr0n