new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

On 1/29/2020 at 7:40 PM, Peter Smith said:

Hi folks

My name is Peter from Melbourne Australia. I am coming to Glasto 2020 with my kids. They will be camping with their mates on site and I was thinking of staying in Pikton and commuttingiby car each day. There are some reasonably priced Airbnbs in town.

Does anyone have any experience of commuting each day?

Cheers

Peter

Peter, definitely try to stay on site if you can! It can take up to an hour to walk from the main site to a car park or pick up point which would really take its toll everyday. There is a massive variety of camping available - if you really aren't up for a tent (and there are some lovely quiet camping fields) then maybe try for some of the pre-erected on site options? There are lots of solo campers on here that can assist too. As a side note, I have camped with my parents and mother in law at the festival for years and it has always been lovely to see them in the mornings and at the end of the day :) 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, shutthefrontdoor said:

Morning

Like so many others I am a first time poster and very long time lurker. This forum has been an invaluable source of information and your enthusiasm for all things Glastonbury has been a welcome distraction from work over the years! This year will be my wife and I's 11th consecutive festival and our second with a toddler in tow. Over the years our group has fluctuated between 4-15 people, with parents, grandparents, siblings friends etc all getting involved at some point. We are all terrified that one year the ticket gods will forget about us but for now we have this summer to look forward to, so plenty of hours browsing the forums ahead!

Welcome :) looks like the door 🚪 is well and truely open for you ... enjoy the fantastic build up :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 7:40 PM, Peter Smith said:

Hi folks

My name is Peter from Melbourne Australia. I am coming to Glasto 2020 with my kids. They will be camping with their mates on site and I was thinking of staying in Pikton and commuttingiby car each day. There are some reasonably priced Airbnbs in town.

Does anyone have any experience of commuting each day?

Cheers

Peter

There’s absolutely no reason why you should commute every day, you will miss so much of the experience. The site is so massive I doubt you would see your kids unless you wanted to.   enjoy! 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

There’s absolutely no reason why you should commute every day, you will miss so much of the experience. The site is so massive I doubt you would see your kids unless you wanted to.   enjoy! 

@Peter Smith I second this.

undoubtedly stay on site, just camp elsewhere - Glastonbury is vast. You mightn't even cross paths all weekend.

Have a look here for extra info:

http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq

8 hours ago, Cseguin said:

Hey,

My Name is Corentin, french fan of english festivals, first Glastonbury this year. Dreaming about it for years. Hyped enough to speculate and watch you speculate on everything and anything.

5 hours ago, alexabrown252 said:

Hello, I'm new here, nice to meet you.

5 hours ago, TillLindemann said:

I'm new here guys!

welcome all....  enjoy the friendliest forum on the internet and the amazing wonders of our favourite festival post away :) CF 

Hi everyone!

I'm Carl from Liverpool, it's my third trip to Glastonbury in 2020 and I'm very lucky that it's also my first time volunteering for Oxfam!

The sense of relief when I got my Oxfam place was incredible 😃

I'm now really looking forward to seeing a different side to the festival!

3 hours ago, PickledCarl said:

Hi everyone!

I'm Carl from Liverpool, it's my third trip to Glastonbury in 2020 and I'm very lucky that it's also my first time volunteering for Oxfam!

welcome to Efests .... congratulations on getting the oxfam place ... you will get plenty of help with any questions relating to that on the volunteering thread . enjoy the fest :) 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

welcome to Efests .... congratulations on getting the oxfam place ... you will get plenty of help with any questions relating to that on the volunteering thread . enjoy the fest :) 

Thanks! Yeah I've been reading through that one, some great tips.

Hi all!

Like many here I’m a long time lurker.

I’ve been to the festival multiple times since 2010, I even got engaged to my fiancé back in 2017 near the Glastonbury sign. We’re currently ticketless for this year, so here’s to the resale! 

Looking forward to getting to know you all a little better 😀

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made an account after years and years of reading these pages. So hey to everyone, praying G 2020 happens it’s been a dream of mine for a long time. I work at festivals through hotbox events , my cause uk and hotbox events as well as directly for 2000 trees and have managed to Clock up 42 festivals in the past 5 years. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 9:12 AM, Modjo said:

Hi all!

Like many here I’m a long time lurker.

I’ve been to the festival multiple times since 2010, I even got engaged to my fiancé back in 2017 near the Glastonbury sign. We’re currently ticketless for this year, so here’s to the resale! 

Looking forward to getting to know you all a little better 😀

On 3/14/2020 at 9:25 AM, Sdsm123 said:

Finally made an account after years and years of reading these pages. So hey to everyone, praying G 2020 happens it’s been a dream of mine for a long time. I work at festivals through hotbox events , my cause uk and hotbox events as well as directly for 2000 trees and have managed to Clock up 42 festivals in the past 5 years. 

Welcome both!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2020 at 9:49 AM, PickledCarl said:

Hi everyone!

Hi Carl

I know this is random but by chance do you know a young lady by the name of Poppy, She’s from Birkenhead I believe. I know this is a massive long shot but thought it’s worth a try. I met her last year, she was stewarding for oxfam. We got on really well but I’m an idiot and didn’t see what was right in front of me.

obviously a long shot.

cheers anyway

Jason 

On 11/3/2019 at 7:36 PM, Membi said:

Didn't post here but yes, I am new :) 

Will be coming with three friends from Spain and it will be my first Glastonbury ever (not a bad start picking the 50th ?), so excited! Crossing fingers for an exciting line up! 

Hi

By chance is one of your friends a young lady by the name of poppy, she’s from Birkenhead but living in Madrid I believe. We met last year whilst she was stewarding for oxfam. I know this is a very long shot but I’d really like to get in contact with her.

many thanks 

Jason

Edited by JaySun

On 10/11/2019 at 11:18 AM, Woolyback Wonder said:

Volunteering was great, I'm a little sad I wont be doing glasto next year with them. You get there early monday/tuesday and get to go around crew bars and festival before it opens to public. They have a secure campsite just outside ped gate B. You get 3 tokens for showers and meals and its composting toilets on site. You literally parked in next field so not far to trek with tent. You do 3 shifts morning/late/overnight. at least one of these will be on the wed/thur. There is plenty of time to see acts and party, just be open minded on who you want to see. 

Hi

Its a long shot I know but I’m trying to get in contact with a young lady by the name of Poppy, she’s from Birkenhead but living in Madrid I believe. We met last year whilst she was stewarding for oxfam, we got on really well but I’m an idiot and didn’t see what was right in front of me.

many thanks 

Jason

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, thefudgefactory said:

Hey everyone!

Long time lurker from the US.  I was lucky enough to snag tickets back in 2006 and haven’t stopped dreaming of making it back since.  I’m looking forward to connecting with everyone on the forum!

Whoops! I meant to say I snagged tickets for 2016.