new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hello!

Long time lurker, but I was a member yonks ago... circumstances dictated that I went way for a long old time.

Finally decided to come back, albeit with some reservations.

Long story short... used to be part of the festival scene as a musician, compere, stage manager etc.  Lost it pretty badly and fucked off.

I've been here almost every day, I feel like I know a bunch of you pretty well, but it's taken a bit of courage to re-engage.

Can't wait to get stuck in!

Hopefully going to be at Glastonbury 2020 with a really bizarre musical act.

Best,

Minilla xx

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Minilla said:

Hello!

Long time lurker, but I was a member yonks ago... circumstances dictated that I went way for a long old time.

Finally decided to come back, albeit with some reservations.

Long story short... used to be part of the festival scene as a musician, compere, stage manager etc.  Lost it pretty badly and fucked off.

I've been here almost every day, I feel like I know a bunch of you pretty well, but it's taken a bit of courage to re-engage.

Can't wait to get stuck in!

Hopefully going to be at Glastonbury 2020 with a really bizarre musical act.

Best,

Minilla xx

Evening (mostly we aren't too scary )  some extra knowledge always valuable  ... the mind boggles on the musical act ? :) welcome back 

Alex 

Thanks!

I know you're not scary. Sketchy, weird, contrary, odd... but as welcoming as ever eh?

I'm the fraidy-cat.  Even with thousands of miles between us all and the anonymity of the Internet, it's gonna be little steps.

A little background... 

Used to be in a few Westcountry based bands, over the years played the bandstand, Avalon Cafe, green fields, backstage bars

Booze and drugs got the better of me and the rest of the gang so we went separate ways.  Finally ready to come back but bricking it! 

Found the ideal other half to my long thought of two-man act.  If the booking comes through, come and spot us eh?

3 minutes ago, Minilla said:

Thanks!

I know you're not scary. Sketchy, weird, contrary, odd... but as welcoming as ever eh?

I'm the fraidy-cat.  Even with thousands of miles between us all and the anonymity of the Internet, it's gonna be little steps.

A little background... 

Used to be in a few Westcountry based bands, over the years played the bandstand, Avalon Cafe, green fields, backstage bars

Booze and drugs got the better of me and the rest of the gang so we went separate ways.  Finally ready to come back but bricking it! 

Found the ideal other half to my long thought of two-man act.  If the booking comes through, come and spot us eh?

let us know and im sure plenty of efesters will make it along :) keep posting and you will get more and more ... if anyone says they haven't had issues of their own they are more than likely not telling the truth ... its how you fight back thats important wether its baby steps or massive leaps ... there is definitely lots of knowledge in there from what you've said . :) 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

let us know and im sure plenty of efesters will make it along :) keep posting and you will get more and more ... if anyone says they haven't had issues of their own they are more than likely not telling the truth ... its how you fight back thats important wether its baby steps or massive leaps ... there is definitely lots of knowledge in there from what you've said . :) 

Yeah, been around the block a bit!  Need to get my humble on pretty severely, but hoping that bygones will do the thing that they do!

Hopefully over the coming weeks and months I'll get really involved. Lots of experiences and a fair bit of inside knowledge I'd like to share, but in a constructive way, not a nobbish way if you know what I mean!  

Love the hat by the way.  

Just now, Minilla said:

Yeah, been around the block a bit!  Need to get my humble on pretty severely, but hoping that bygones will do the thing that they do!

Hopefully over the coming weeks and months I'll get really involved. Lots of experiences and a fair bit of inside knowledge I'd like to share, but in a constructive way, not a nobbish way if you know what I mean!  

Love the hat by the way.  

thanks... insider info is much appreciated around these parts as im sure you know so thats a good place to start :) welcome aboard ... ive thought about hat design for the psbs should they get pyramid .. but other seems likely :) 

48 minutes ago, Membi said:

Didn't post here but yes, I am new :) 

Will be coming with three friends from Spain and it will be my first Glastonbury ever (not a bad start picking the 50th ?), so excited! Crossing fingers for an exciting line up! 

Welcome - I only joined here recently as well - it is good fun.  It is my first Glasto as well - we both have picked a good year to start!  Hopefully we will get lucky with the line-up, but I don't think you can go wrong.  Enjoy  ?

52 minutes ago, nicnzl said:

Like many, long time lurker here.  I'm a kiwi, back living in NZ after 3 years in London and a visit to Glasto 16 and 17.  Tickets secured for 2020 and looking forward to the trip back to that side of the world.

Welcome fellow Kiwi! Hope you don't get too addicted now you've signed up (like me).

What are you looking at doing for camping options? We don't really want to buy a tent for a one-off and are doing other travel so don't want to carry one around Europe.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:21 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Welcome, you will love the festival. My daughter and kids emigrated to your country a few years back and loves the life . She’s in hobsonville , Auckland. We visited last year and heading back out sometime next year, (as long as it doesn’t clash with Glastonbury)!

Shameless plug time!

Mrs Moth has a residency at Little Creatures Brewery in Hobsonville every 2nd Sunday 2pm til 4pm. Send the family along ?

Next one is not ‘til 24th Nov though as we have a wedding to go to, interrupting the pattern.

On 11/6/2019 at 2:15 PM, Bryanrebe said:

Welcome fellow Kiwi! Hope you don't get too addicted now you've signed up (like me).

What are you looking at doing for camping options? We don't really want to buy a tent for a one-off and are doing other travel so don't want to carry one around Europe.

I left my tent (and gumboots wellies) with some friends in London, in the hope I'd get tickets.

Hello everyone, 

Long time lurker... etc etc! This forum has been so helpful in the past, and seems so friendly that I decided I should just join up rather than hang around anonymously.

I have been lucky enough to go to three Glastonburys, but our booking group missed out this year. We missed out last year actually, but two of us were lucky enough to get coach tickets in the April resale so that is the hope I am hanging on to this year! 

You will probably see me on the Resale and Volunteering threads! 

3 minutes ago, Olympia said:

Hello everyone, 

Long time lurker... etc etc! This forum has been so helpful in the past, and seems so friendly that I decided I should just join up rather than hang around anonymously.

I have been lucky enough to go to three Glastonburys, but our booking group missed out this year. We missed out last year actually, but two of us were lucky enough to get coach tickets in the April resale so that is the hope I am hanging on to this year! 

You will probably see me on the Resale and Volunteering threads! 

Welcome and welcome to the resale thread in advance too .. hope we can be of help or at least keep up the morale :) 

Hi everyone,

I've been following this forum since 2011, the year of my first Glastonbury when I was 19. 2020 will be my 8th, been so lucky with tickets over the years - some coach, some not, some resale, some not. Enjoy the festival more with every visit!

Love the forum too, it really does add to the experience, check it all the time!

Hoping to attend my first efestivals meet next year! :)

Clarence 

37 minutes ago, Clarence Clemons said:

Hi everyone,

I've been following this forum since 2011, the year of my first Glastonbury when I was 19. 2020 will be my 8th, been so lucky with tickets over the years - some coach, some not, some resale, some not. Enjoy the festival more with every visit!

Love the forum too, it really does add to the experience, check it all the time!

Hoping to attend my first efestivals meet next year! :)

Clarence 

welcome :) look forward to hopefully seeing you at the meet 

Hi everyone,

Hungarian here. Like so many others I've been lurking this forum for a few years now. I've never been to Glastonbury (despite ten years of eagerness), so after our wedding, me and my wife decided it's time to give it a try, we failed miserably of course. :D Anyway, not giving up.

These forums helped us a lot before TD, right when I became obsessed with the tickets, and your mentality helped us not loosing hope after failing.

Krisz

32 minutes ago, CCester said:

Hi everyone,

Hungarian here. Like so many others I've been lurking this forum for a few years now. I've never been to Glastonbury (despite ten years of eagerness), so after our wedding, me and my wife decided it's time to give it a try, we failed miserably of course. :D Anyway, not giving up.

These forums helped us a lot before TD, right when I became obsessed with the tickets, and your mentality helped us not loosing hope after failing.

Krisz

Welcome ... and sticking with it is the way to go :) keep positive vibes 

On 11/6/2019 at 7:05 AM, John the Moth said:

Shameless plug time!

Mrs Moth has a residency at Little Creatures Brewery in Hobsonville every 2nd Sunday 2pm til 4pm. Send the family along ?

Next one is not ‘til 24th Nov though as we have a wedding to go to, interrupting the pattern.

Hi. Just read this, will mention to my daughter about the Sunday gig. Last time we visited, little creatures was being set up and was a few weeks away from opening. We are back in hobsonville next year. Given that there’s no pubs in that area the brewery at the harbour will be well frequented by us, my daughters house in just up the road from the brewery. 

Its a small world! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

20 hours ago, Crazyfool2 said:

Hi new to the Forum, from Bristol, a avid fan of glasto and looking forward to the 50th year.

Nice to meet you all

Fred

just for clarification crazyfool2 is actually a friend of mine ... and Fred isn't fred ..(. that clears everything up :) ) ... I only found out about the account several hours after it was created ... the account was created with good intentions but caused me a few issues :) 

• Upvote 1