new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hi all so I've been looking on this site for a long time now years i would say and was known as another person but lost that email so rejoined again with a differant account 

.Been going to Glastonbury since 2006 working or as a punter and will admit thats the only festival i have ever attended shallow life but  i just love it the people the atmosphere and that feeling when I'm there.  I have learnt an awful lot by what to take different things to see by using this site so would like to say.

Thank you to the members here as if it wasn't for the information and help on things we would not know.

So me without sounding like a dating thing I'm 55 female and guess what I'm a Plumber what the hell that sounds like i don't know stuck on what to say but like i said i love Glastonbury its a real special place and will admit i cry as soon as i see the site and cry when i leave.I try not too but i just well up soppy fool.

So apart from that this site is Brilliant Thank you all

Edited by Sally1999

5 hours ago, Sally1999 said:

Hi all so I've been looking on this site for a long time now years i would say and was known as another person but lost that email so rejoined again with a differant account 

.Been going to Glastonbury since 2006 working or as a punter and will admit thats the only festival i have ever attended shallow life but  i just love it the people the atmosphere and that feeling when I'm there.  I have learnt an awful lot by what to take different things to see by using this site so would like to say.

Thank you to the members here as if it wasn't for the information and help on things we would not know.

So me without sounding like a dating thing I'm 55 female and guess what I'm a Plumber what the hell that sounds like i don't know stuck on what to say but like i said i love Glastonbury its a real special place and will admit i cry as soon as i see the site and cry when i leave.I try not too but i just well up soppy fool.

Hi Everybody, 

Not exactly new here but back after a year or 2 away from the forum. Always been checking in to make sure the craziness is still going on. Will be a little more active between now and next festival. Been at every Glastonbury since I started in 07 and will not be stopping anytime soon. I am seen as a Glastonbury wiz within my group but will be a me simple muggle around some of the veterans here!

See you around

Kia ora from New Zealand!

New here, have been lurking since the beginning of the year while I planned my trip to Europe. Then lurked more when a large group of my friends went and said it was the best week of their lives! I honestly didn't think I'd have any chance getting a golden ticket, but somehow lucked out!

This is my first time travelling to Europe, and Glasto is the last stop on our seven-week holiday. I'm definitely anticipating Glasto being the absolute best part of the trip!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

New here, have been lurking since the beginning of the year while I planned my trip to Europe. Then lurked more when a large group of my friends went and said it was the best week of their lives! I honestly didn't think I'd have any chance getting a golden ticket, but somehow lucked out!

This is my first time travelling to Europe, and Glasto is the last stop on our seven-week holiday. I'm definitely anticipating Glasto being the absolute best part of the trip!

Cool trip! Where else are you heading?

9 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

Welcome ... you live in a Stunning place in the world I spent a year over there 10 years ago,  such varied landscapes ... enjoy the forum and the festival 

On 10/18/2019 at 3:18 AM, Bryanrebe said:

Welcome, you will love the festival. My daughter and kids emigrated to your country a few years back and loves the life . She’s in hobsonville , Auckland. We visited last year and heading back out sometime next year, (as long as it doesn’t clash with Glastonbury)!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Welcome, you will love the festival. My daughter and kids emigrated to your country a few years back and loves the life . She’s in hobsonville , Auckland. We visited last year and heading back out sometime next year, (as long as it doesn’t clash with Glastonbury)!

Nice! I'm born a born and bred Wellingtonian. Have you done much travel around NZ? Highly recommend Wanaka and Hanmer Springs in the South Island, especially in winter (which is sadly Glasto time).

18 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

Nice! I'm born a born and bred Wellingtonian. Have you done much travel around NZ? Highly recommend Wanaka and Hanmer Springs in the South Island, especially in winter (which is sadly Glasto time).

Just the usual tourist stuff  in the north island, even visited Hobbiton! Hopefully next year venture further afield. Our  grandchildren, just started school.are now little Kiwis!   You will get a lot of good  info about the festival on this forum. Also have a look at  torts Glastonbury guide FAQs, Glastoearth. An excellent guide to the greatest show on earth.

On 10/15/2019 at 10:07 PM, Sally1999 said:

welcome @Sally1999...

i often cry in the prescence of plumbers..

Hi

Another newbie here. Came across this site a couple of weeks ago It is addictive ?

I’ve never been to a festival before lots of concerts and great music but thought Glastonbury 2020 would be my first festival. But no luck getting tickets ??‍♀️I was so disappointed So here I am reading all the posts about how great Glastonbury is and hoping the festival gods will some how get us tickets. I’ve entered the ballot I’ve preordered the book and read everything on here and the resale club 2020 actually still think we might make it (ever the optimism) it’s not over till it’s over lol 

this site is so good full of optimism and great information so fingers crossed for everyone still hoping for tickets ????

7 minutes ago, Stalk1963 said:

Hi

Another newbie here. Came across this site a couple of weeks ago It is addictive ?

I’ve never been to a festival before lots of concerts and great music but thought Glastonbury 2020 would be my first festival. But no luck getting tickets ??‍♀️I was so disappointed So here I am reading all the posts about how great Glastonbury is and hoping the festival gods will some how get us tickets. I’ve entered the ballot I’ve preordered the book and read everything on here and the resale club 2020 actually still think we might make it (ever the optimism) it’s not over till it’s over lol 

this site is so good full of optimism and great information so fingers crossed for everyone still hoping for tickets ????

welcome ... its a great site ... u get so much info about the festival ... and also quite a decent chunk of randomness thrown in for good measure ... lots of information about work opportunities too ... good luck :) 

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

welcome ... its a great site ... u get so much info about the festival ... and also quite a decent chunk of randomness thrown in for good measure ... lots of information about work opportunities too ... good luck :) 

Thank you

Ive thought about volunteering difficult to fit in with my work and being at the other end of the country so fingers crossed ??

Hello Glastonbury Obsessors, 

I'm new here and I am happy to say that I will finally be going to Glastonbury next year! Having spent the last 6 years failing to get tickets it feels surreal that I will actually be going. 

As well as it being the 50th anniversary next year, it will also mark 40 years since my dad's first Glastonbury. Both my dad and my mum went throughout the 80s and early 90s (a couple of years with my late Grandad), back when you sent off for tickets in the post, Fela Kuti would be headlining and Jo Whiley was no where to be found.

As kids me and my brother were teased and eased into the festival life with numerous visits to Cropredy, Cambridge Festivals and Canterbury Fayre from the late 90s onwards. Since 2011 i've been going to festivals with my own friends; Reading, Parklife and far too many V Festivals for my liking (please don't judge). 

But having grown up listening to my parents' endless stories and priceless memories of Glasto and having been lurking here for some time now, I cannot wait to experience it myself - once and for all. June could not come sooner. 

See you at the meet up!
Adam

2 hours ago, SoundsofSmith said:

Hello Glastonbury Obsessors, 

I'm new here and I am happy to say that I will finally be going to Glastonbury next year! Having spent the last 6 years failing to get tickets it feels surreal that I will actually be going. 

As well as it being the 50th anniversary next year, it will also mark 40 years since my dad's first Glastonbury. Both my dad and my mum went throughout the 80s and early 90s (a couple of years with my late Grandad), back when you sent off for tickets in the post, Fela Kuti would be headlining and Jo Whiley was no where to be found.

As kids me and my brother were teased and eased into the festival life with numerous visits to Cropredy, Cambridge Festivals and Canterbury Fayre from the late 90s onwards. Since 2011 i've been going to festivals with my own friends; Reading, Parklife and far too many V Festivals for my liking (please don't judge). 

But having grown up listening to my parents' endless stories and priceless memories of Glasto and having been lurking here for some time now, I cannot wait to experience it myself - once and for all. June could not come sooner. 

See you at the meet up!
Adam

Welcome to our world and welcome to Glastonbury.  You'll find bits of all the festivals you've been to - though not too much of V.  One thing you may need to prepare yourself for is the scale of Glastonbury.  You could lose some of the other fests in one corner..  You'll find lots of advice on here from old hands.  And do make the meet.

Hello folks, luckily I got a ticket (coach & ticket from Glasgow) for this year having not been to the festival for a while, my last was 05 (I think) after my first in 95 and a few in between.

It’ll be my first time going solo which feels a bit weird tbh, previously I’ve been with a bus full of mates to just me and a gf, but it’ll be great regardless. 

Seems a lot of the festival site has changed/moved so I’m sure I’ll be looking for all sorts of advice, especially where to pitch my tent, I used to like Hitchin for the ease of getting there from the gate and the cinema but it is too far from the fun end of the site.

43 minutes ago, EarlSquirrelson said:

Hello folks, luckily I got a ticket (coach & ticket from Glasgow) for this year having not been to the festival for a while, my last was 05 (I think) after my first in 95 and a few in between.

It’ll be my first time going solo which feels a bit weird tbh, previously I’ve been with a bus full of mates to just me and a gf, but it’ll be great regardless. 

Seems a lot of the festival site has changed/moved so I’m sure I’ll be looking for all sorts of advice, especially where to pitch my tent, I used to like Hitchin for the ease of getting there from the gate and the cinema but it is too far from the fun end of the site.

Welcome to the site ... going alone gives you freedom that going in a group doesn’t so don’t be put off by it ... there are groups of solo campers that will spring up closer to the time if you feel in need of a group ... as for where to camp it’s not as important as many seem to think .. the important thing is to be friendly to neighbours offer a cider and a friendly good morning and that will make a massive difference to how goes ... but torts guide can also be of help ... google it :) have a great festival 

Well, I've spent enough time lurking on here in the last three weeks that I figured I'd may as well sign up.

As the username suggests I hail from the glorious South West but now live in Liverpool. First Glastonbury was in 2013, then was lucky enough to be there again in '16 and '17 and I cannot wait for 2020.

Each time I've been it's been as part of a group but a great deal of my Glasto time is spent on my own as my tastes sometimes differ to those of my friends, and I am not one to kowtow to peer pressure ?

I'm trying not to have too many expectations about 2020. Having missed out on tickets in the past I'm truly appreciating that this may well be the last Glastonbury I'm ever lucky enough to attend, and I plan to make the best of it - whatever that means. Maybe i'll meet some of you along the way ?

12 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Well, I've spent enough time lurking on here in the last three weeks that I figured I'd may as well sign up.

As the username suggests I hail from the glorious South West but now live in Liverpool. First Glastonbury was in 2013, then was lucky enough to be there again in '16 and '17 and I cannot wait for 2020.

Each time I've been it's been as part of a group but a great deal of my Glasto time is spent on my own as my tastes sometimes differ to those of my friends, and I am not one to kowtow to peer pressure ?

I'm trying not to have too many expectations about 2020. Having missed out on tickets in the past I'm truly appreciating that this may well be the last Glastonbury I'm ever lucky enough to attend, and I plan to make the best of it - whatever that means. Maybe i'll meet some of you along the way ?

im sure you will especially if you attend the meet up ... welcome to the forum :) 

19 hours ago, makeyourtransition said:

Serial forum lurker making my transition to an account. Looking forward to Carl Cox laying it down at Glade this year. Will be visiting the site a few times in the run up to June to get a feel for the state of the ground. Photos to follow.

welcome to the forum , make sure you hang around we will be looking forward to the forecast on your programme on the sunday before the festival :)