new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hey everyone, have been reading this site for the last few weeks and have found it to have a fantastic vibe with a really diverse range of characters.  It has also been incredibly helpful with regards to all things Glastonbury.

Despite me being a huge music lover, at the age of 46 I have never quite made it to any festival of any description until I decided to go to day one of Reading this year as I was in England at the time and thought it would be a cool idea.  Went with my wife and 2 kids (8 and 13) and was a bit worried as it has a really young age profile (16/18) and isn't really recommend for young kids.  We all had an absolute blast - they cannot stop talking about it!  I watch Glasto on TV every year and decided there and then that we needed to try to go to the big one.  With the help from the various tips on how to bag tickets I have found on this site, to my astonishment I hit the jackpot this morning and am now on cloud nine - so excited ?

While I enjoyed Reading hugely, I am becoming more and more aware that it doesn't compare to what is in store in June 2020.  Now just need to figure out how to get us all over there and where to camp etc - lots to learn!

I have decided to sign up to gold membership as I am looking forward to getting more involved round here and also as a thanks for all the help from everyone on here. ?

Looking forward to joining in the fun.  Thanks ?

10 hours ago, circus92 said:

Hey everyone, have been reading this site for the last few weeks and have found it to have a fantastic vibe with a really diverse range of characters.  It has also been incredibly helpful with regards to all things Glastonbury.

Despite me being a huge music lover, at the age of 46 I have never quite made it to any festival of any description until I decided to go to day one of Reading this year as I was in England at the time and thought it would be a cool idea.  Went with my wife and 2 kids (8 and 13) and was a bit worried as it has a really young age profile (16/18) and isn't really recommend for young kids.  We all had an absolute blast - they cannot stop talking about it!  I watch Glasto on TV every year and decided there and then that we needed to try to go to the big one.  With the help from the various tips on how to bag tickets I have found on this site, to my astonishment I hit the jackpot this morning and am now on cloud nine - so excited ?

While I enjoyed Reading hugely, I am becoming more and more aware that it doesn't compare to what is in store in June 2020.  Now just need to figure out how to get us all over there and where to camp etc - lots to learn!

I have decided to sign up to gold membership as I am looking forward to getting more involved round here and also as a thanks for all the help from everyone on here. ?

Looking forward to joining in the fun.  Thanks ?

Hey - I’ve taken a child at the age of 9 and also 11 before, so feel free to ask any questions. Sounds like you guys are ready to have a blast ?

I'm a long time lurker, been to the festival 6 times between 2009 and 2015 

Lost the appetite for it for a while but right back to it now for 2020. Super excited, getting the butterflies back in my stomach just thinking about being back in the fields 

Hello All, 

I used to be on efestivals as ‘boopickledaddy’ but forgot my password and must have used an old email address, so couldn’t change the password. 

I have spent many hours lurking on the site, so I felt it was time to return properly. My timing is a bit strange in some ways, because yesterday I failed to get tickets.  Maybe joining efestivals  is a way for me to be connected to the Glastonbury community during a time I won’t be at the festival myself 

Anyway hello everyone and I hope you all managed to get the golden tickets yesterday ?

Edited by Mr Boo
  • Upvote 1

Hello!?

Long, long time lurker. Finally opened an account on here. 

I was glued to this site during Glastonbury last year for plenty of tips. It was my 3rd one (1st in 2011) but always find out so much on here (from where the queues are, the bar prices to the special guests). Looking forward to being a bit more active on here. 

Hello everybody ?

Decided that this year would be the year that I would try to go to my first festival. Have always wanted to experience one and thought no better one to try but Glasto 2020.

Unfortunately didn’t make it in either of the sales so taking the leap to post and get help, advice and support off you guys for the long wait of trying again or going down the route of volunteering.

Hopefully will manage to get there and met you all there while I’m at it ?

Hello!

I've been lurking over this forum for the last few months in anticipation of the 2020 festival, and am so excited to say that I'll be attending Glastonbury for the first time next year. I really don't think I would have secured tickets without the advice I read on this forum, so I want to thank all of the existing members for sharing their knowledge.

I hope to spend a great deal of time on this forum over the coming months, and work my way into a community of amazing people.

Hey,  I'm Bran.  Not exactly new, but had a hiatus from Glastonbury for a few years waiting until we were comfortable taking our son.  In the interim my post count either lowered considerably or I imagined taking part in lots of CD exchanges before Spotify was a thing......

Just now, fuhrer69420 said:

keen festival enthusiast with multiple festival experiences such as Diwali and and Eid.

I joined the community after my friend @jump told me to (thanks bro)

Feel free me to message i need someone to tent with at wireless, glasto, reading, leeds and isle of wight ;) (prefferably a person of no colour #brexitmeansbrexit #notracist #itsjustpoliticsmate )

interests: children and knitting

Eh, who the fuck are you?

Hi all, 

Long time lurker on here (especially when I should be working ).  Volunteered at Glasto and Leeds last year with Oxfam and now am one of the very lucky ones who has secured a ticket for next year......Is it normal that I cant stop smiling at that??

Thanks for all the advice that has been given so far, hey I may even contribute whether that's worth anything 

On 10/6/2019 at 6:34 PM, TastyPasty said:

Hi ? long time lurker and finally plucked up the courage to create an account. 

Stalking the threads really helped when my partner and I went to our first glasto in 2017. We managed to get tickets this year as well so thought I would attempt to join in with some of the discussions going on here. 

Cheeky first question. Does anyone know if there is a way to pay for gold membership without having a PayPal account? I can see that donations can be done without one. 

Yes there is, I've certainly paid for mine via credit card instead of paypal. Can't remember the route to it I'm afraid but it's definitely there.

And welcome all.  I really wouldn't worry about having anything to "contribute" per se; 99% of this place is recycled arguments anyway :)

33 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yes there is, I've certainly paid for mine via credit card instead of paypal. Can't remember the route to it I'm afraid but it's definitely there.

And welcome all.  I really wouldn't worry about having anything to "contribute" per se; 99% of this place is recycled arguments anyway :)

keeping with the environmental theme ... we like to recycle around here ...#love the farm leave no trace 

10 hours ago, Woolyback Wonder said:

Hi all, 

Long time lurker on here (especially when I should be working ).  Volunteered at Glasto and Leeds last year with Oxfam and now am one of the very lucky ones who has secured a ticket for next year......Is it normal that I cant stop smiling at that??

Thanks for all the advice that has been given so far, hey I may even contribute whether that's worth anything 

How did you find volunteering with Oxfam and what were your shifts like? How did you find partying at the festivals while having shifts to do?

I’m strongly considering doing glasto and reading this year with them.

14 hours ago, Puttycat1 said:

How did you find volunteering with Oxfam and what were your shifts like? How did you find partying at the festivals while having shifts to do?

Volunteering was great, I'm a little sad I wont be doing glasto next year with them. You get there early monday/tuesday and get to go around crew bars and festival before it opens to public. They have a secure campsite just outside ped gate B. You get 3 tokens for showers and meals and its composting toilets on site. You literally parked in next field so not far to trek with tent. You do 3 shifts morning/late/overnight. at least one of these will be on the wed/thur. There is plenty of time to see acts and party, just be open minded on who you want to see. 

15 hours ago, Puttycat1 said:

There's a thread here if you're interested - 

Welcome to everyone else :D

Howdy All, can't even confess to being a luker here but based on the info I've seen I thought I should join.

Music fan in Ireland and have camped at Electric Picnic and attended other festivals. At EP we used pink moon so the tents were set up and had decent toilets and showers but nothing else. Really enjoyed the experience. So much so I convinced herself we should try Glastonbury and as luck would have it we managed to get tickets (apologises to all veterans that didn't).

Over the moon and while its a long way away I have started planing and I am sure will have a few questions between now and the time we leave these shores on our adventure to the hills of Somerset!!

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 3:35 PM, Traco said:

Howdy All, can't even confess to being a luker here but based on the info I've seen I thought I should join.

Music fan in Ireland and have camped at Electric Picnic and attended other festivals. At EP we used pink moon so the tents were set up and had decent toilets and showers but nothing else. Really enjoyed the experience. So much so I convinced herself we should try Glastonbury and as luck would have it we managed to get tickets (apologises to all veterans that didn't).

Over the moon and while its a long way away I have started planing and I am sure will have a few questions between now and the time we leave these shores on our adventure to the hills of Somerset!!

1 hour ago, SJH said:

Long time registered, even monger tome lurker. Have never been licky enough to get tickets...until this year! Cannot believe it and cannot wait!

welcome to the site ... lots of help to be had and a search bar top right for previously discussed things ... make sure you join in the chat and enjoy the run up to June :) 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

welcome to the site ... lots of help to be had and a search bar top right for previously discussed things ... make sure you join in the chat and enjoy the run up to June :) 

Thanks bud. Autocorrect has not been kind to me in that opening statement!