new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hello im carole i hope your all well ive heard that this is the place to come if your looking for folk to meet up with to go to glastonbury if you dont want to go alone id realy like to go next year ive not been since the 90s so its been a good 20 years now so i figure its time i went again and next years will be 50 years so it will no doubt be a good one next year but it would be a lot better and safer i gues to go with some others in the same postion.

Hello im carole i hope your all well ive heard that this is the place to come if your looking for folk to meet up with to go to glastonbury if you dont want to go alone id realy like to go next year ive not been since the 90s so its been a good 20 years now so i figure its time i went again and next years will be 50 years so it will no doubt be a good one next year but it would be a lot better and safer i gues to go with some others in the same postion.

2 hours ago, PatrickF said:

Hi Carole. There is usually a solo camper thread in the run up to the festival. If you are lucky enough to get a ticket, keep an eye out for it. Good luck. 

Thanks loads i hope i get one too snd i hope i find somebody like me to thats going alone well hopefuly not.

Hi all, hope you had a great Glastonbury! This was my first (am now aged 40) and I had the best weekend. Some of the highlights were Charlatans, Kylie, Babymetal, Liam G, Janelle Monae, Sleaford Mods and I loved just wandering around and coming across random bands on the smaller stages. Stayed in Worthy View which I'll be hoping to do again next year. Likely to have to go alone next time, unless I can persuade some friends to go - so it would be great to chat with some people here in the same position and maybe meet up. Looking forward to it already!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jamesk27 said:

Hi all, hope you had a great Glastonbury! This was my first (am now aged 40) and I had the best weekend. Some of the highlights were Charlatans, Kylie, Babymetal, Liam G, Janelle Monae, Sleaford Mods and I loved just wandering around and coming across random bands on the smaller stages. Stayed in Worthy View which I'll be hoping to do again next year. Likely to have to go alone next time, unless I can persuade some friends to go - so it would be great to chat with some people here in the same position and maybe meet up. Looking forward to it already!

Hi, and welcome. If you are going on your own next year, then it would be a good idea to see if you can get 5 other singles together into a group of 6 for ticket day, and improve your chances.

12 hours ago, carlosj said:

Hi, and welcome. If you are going on your own next year, then it would be a good idea to see if you can get 5 other singles together into a group of 6 for ticket day, and improve your chances.

Hey thanks a lot for the tip, will definitely look in to doing that. Back to work today, this is a struggle! ?

On 7/2/2019 at 7:34 PM, PatrickF said:

Wayside, your story is like mine. Long time lurker here. This year was the first Glasto I missed in a long time and it was awful. 

I'm going to do everything I can to get my ass to Glastonbury 2020. I have never went to the festival solo, but have spent most of my time there without my group of friends, usually due to the size of the place, my friends being into rock and drinking and me being into messy late nights at Bloc 9 and Glade. The crowds are always super friendly and I doubt you'll be solo for long if you're into finding company. 

Good luck to you and hello everyone. 

Cool Patrick!  Keep in touch if you do end up going alone, perhaps we can connect!

On 7/3/2019 at 12:43 PM, jamesk27 said:

Hi all, hope you had a great Glastonbury! This was my first (am now aged 40) and I had the best weekend. Some of the highlights were Charlatans, Kylie, Babymetal, Liam G, Janelle Monae, Sleaford Mods and I loved just wandering around and coming across random bands on the smaller stages. Stayed in Worthy View whic

19 hours ago, Wayside said:

Cool Patrick!  Keep in touch if you do end up going alone, perhaps we can connect!

Yes mate I will indeed. Fingers crossed we all get tickets. Would be cool to meet up with people if I did end up going alone. 

On 4/21/2016 at 11:55 AM, eFestivals said:

Welcome to the madness. :)

As a gentle introduction for any new people, feel free to introduce yourself here before you dive right in.

Hola humans, my name is joe I’m a Gemini but I don’t listen to that two faced car thief, great being a Gemini like a precursor for a degenerative brain condition. Fact is Yazz nailed it with the only way is up. She also spoke pure shite but let’s not get bogged down. 

• 1 month later...

Newbie here, although I did have a login years ago but can’t remember the details.

Have been to 12 Glastonbury’s and I must admit I’m getting a bit bored with the main stages now. I have to say I spend more and more time at Avalon or Croissant Neuf each year and am starting to think I might be better of skipping the festival in future and attending smaller festivals who are more likely to have the Avalon acts on anyway. 

I do still love the festival but I think for what I am seeing my £250 could be better spent elsewhere. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Not new but have hardly ever posted (to the extent my username is an old nickname that I haven't been called in about 14 years) and just lurked/used the site for it's amazing line-up rumours. Last went to the festival in 2015 but haven't attempted due to one thing or another (living overseas, babies, etc.). Plan is to try again this year for 2020 (would be my 12th Glastonbury) and see how we get on so thought I'd finally get involved properly.

12 minutes ago, Monkeyboy84 said:

Hi all,

Not new but have hardly ever posted (to the extent my username is an old nickname that I haven't been called in about 14 years) and just lurked/used the site for it's amazing line-up rumours. Last went to the festival in 2015 but haven't attempted due to one thing or another (living overseas, babies, etc.). Plan is to try again this year for 2020 (would be my 12th Glastonbury) and see how we get on so thought I'd finally get involved properly.

Welcome to the madhouse :) 

Hi everybody!

Been active in the international festivals part of the forum for the last couple of years since combining some sightseeing with cold beer in the hot Lisbon sun and then hitting NOS Alive for example is more attractive to me and my mates than gazing around knees deep in the mud of some english field. If there is one festival I'd go to a muddy english field for, it's Glasto so we decided to try and get tickets for 2020. Fingers crossed.

If not now, then next year, but I'm absolutely positively certain we'll get the tickets ?

Hi, new to this, looking for some help with my Glastonbury Festival related dissertation if you could spare a few mins? 

Did you attended Glastonbury Festival 2019? Please could you spend 5 minutes tonight completing this questionnaire for my Masters Dissertation?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe3vqj-J71crlvHrbleybfiBiLkxXHLkaXw6Ze7CZ7xii_cgw/viewform?usp=sf_link

I'm still 900 responses short of my ideal target so I really need a big push tonight if you could help? Ideally I need 2000 responses, so the more responses, the more chance I'll get a better grade and make the study valid (68% would guarantee me a distinction). 

Your help is massively appreciated ? 

• 2 weeks later...

William here , Have used the efests forums before but had a different account.

Use it to usually get all excited about Glastonbury, last year I was unsuccessful in tickets so I kept away as it was to painful haha

To he honest it was a poor attempt and this year I'm determined to get tickets , have 2 friends my girlfriend and my mum all trying for us to get tickets and also the coach tickets so have hoping to have increased my chances.

Not taking anything for granted and still very nervous about ticket day, I will keep everything crossed and then hopefully enjoy all the glasto chat following, like the food at Glastonbury thread and the rumours and site build.

Good luck to everyone trying this year !

Edited by Earth_pig
Spelling

17 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

William here , Have used the efests forums before but had a different account.

Use it to usually get all excited about Glastonbury, last year I was unsuccessful in tickets so I kept away as it was to painful haha

To he honest it was a poor attempt and this year I'm determined to get tickets , have 2 friends my girlfriend and my mum all trying for us to get tickets and also the coach tickets so have hoping to have increased my chances.

Not taking anything for granted and still very nervous about ticket day, I will keep everything crossed and then hopefully enjoy all the glasto chat following, like the food at Glastonbury thread and the rumours and site build.

Good luck to everyone trying this year !

and the same to you ... welcome back 

Hi, Stephen here from Glasgow, seen this site before and hoping to get some useful help and info for Glastonbury 2020.  I have finally convinced my wife to come along with me, after wanting to go for years.  It's also my 40th next year, so would be amazing to be able to get tickets to the 50th. ?