new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

On 6/11/2019 at 12:31 PM, TheGoodWillOut said:

Hi Efestival people, I'm David. New here after the place was recommended to me by an avid glasto participant. Lurked a few of the threads in the past week or so, it' looks a fab place so wanted to get involved and participate.

Lucky to get tickets for Glasto this year and it's certainly been a long time since I last attended. In fact it was 1992 with Shakespeare's Sister & Carter USM headlining so I think it might have changed quite a bit in my time away.  

Will be staying in campervan west and look forward to having an ace time hopefully coming home absolutely exhausted and vowing never to drink again  ?

Seeing 92 in your post struck a chord with me, both because I was also there and because this documentary which I recently watched is centred on that year, indeed if I recall correctly it even includes brief footage of both those acts.

Unlike several of the others here, I couldn't watch the whole thing and had to fast forward through some of the bits with the most tedious of the Pilton complainants, but I did really like seeing some old footage of the site and the festival as was.

Hello Folks, I've  worked at Glastonbury in the past about 7 times doing security and living on site for up to a couple of months at a time. Although I haven't worked it for a few years now, I'm here for any help and advice and to generally join in the craic (Irish style craic, not the drug!).

1 hour ago, Festival Survival Guide said:

Hello Folks, I've  worked at Glastonbury in the past about 7 times doing security and living on site for up to a couple of months at a time. Although I haven't worked it for a few years now, I'm here for any help and advice and to generally join in the craic (Irish style craic, not the drug!).

My son and myself are going and he’s towing a 2 birth caravan behind a vw camper van, would that count as a car or would it count as two camper vans ?

He seems to think that it just needs to fit in the 7 x 8 mtr pitch.

This will be 30years since I first went to Glastonbury first year was 1989, first started going as a family with our kids , then couples and friends ( leaving kids at home with NaN ) then boys only( sons mates,sons, nephews) now just me and my old mate who went with me in 1990 , it’s just got in my blood and I adore it .?☮️☯️?

• Like 1

Hi All,

This is my first glasto and I’ll be travelling alone.  Staying in Worthy View so don’t have to worry about tents etc which is one less thing to consider...

Fairly nervous around the prospect of travelling alone but all excited and looking forward to meeting people along the way.

Enjoy All.

Karl

Hi Karl

i have only ever been to Glastonbury on my own as the other half is a teacher and is not interested in only going Friday to Monday.

i travel down from Chester on the Monday and am camping near the Tor Monday night and then bus to Pilton on Tuesday.

going alone is ace.  You will not be along for long as everyone just gets on it.  You can march to the beat of your own drum, go to bed and get up when the F you like and generally just have a right selfish epic time?...

i make up for all this fun that my wife misses by going to 4 other festivals a year with the other half and have a great time with her.

meet up for a beer? Say hello.  I am working for WaterAid and will be mostly wearing a trilby covered with sunflowers..

22 hours ago, Nattybot said:

This will be 30years since I first went to Glastonbury first year was 1989, first started going as a family with our kids , then couples and friends ( leaving kids at home with NaN ) then boys only( sons mates,sons, nephews) now just me and my old mate who went with me in 1990 , it’s just got in my blood and I adore it .?☮️☯️?

9 hours ago, Karl T said:

Hi All,

This is my first glasto and I’ll be travelling alone.  Staying in Worthy View so don’t have to worry about tents etc which is one less thing to consider...

Fairly nervous around the prospect of travelling alone but all excited and looking forward to meeting people along the way.

Enjoy All.

Karl

5 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Hi Karl

i have only ever been to Glastonbury on my own as the other half is a teacher and is not interested in only going Friday to Monday.

i travel down from Chester on the Monday and am camping near the Tor Monday night and then bus to Pilton on Tuesday.

going alone is ace.  You will not be along for long as everyone just gets on it.  You can march to the beat of your own drum, go to bed and get up when the F you like and generally just have a right selfish epic time?...

i make up for all this fun that my wife misses by going to 4 other festivals a year with the other half and have a great time with her.

meet up for a beer? Say hello.  I am working for WaterAid and will be mostly wearing a trilby covered with sunflowers..

welcome to the madhouse and enjoy the forums guys .... dont be afraid to ask questions and contribute .... there are some very knowledgable and humerous people on here ... and me :) 

Hi everyone, another newbie here... 

Dead excited as this is my first time at Glastonbury. My wife has been twice before so I'm currently annoying her with 'did you know that THIS was at Glastonbury' type conversations! We're both from the UK but live out in the Middle East - both of us are working from our companies UK offices on the Mon/Tues so the logistics of packing are a bit of a nightmare. 

9 days to go, can't wait!

Been obsessively lurking for the last two weeks and thought it was finally worth jumping in the ring. 

2nd Glastonbury coming up and having turned up on a wing and a prayer last time and let my friends guide me through it all, this time im going with a new group who've never gone before so have gone full festival nerd to get myself prepped/while away the countdown as I do zero work for last week and this.

Been a bit of a rough few months between work, a breakup and a couple of relatives dying. Looking forward to hitting the reset button and fully recharging my should in 8 days time. And just as a little bonus, celebrating my birthday on the Wednesday! Can't wait.

Hi! I'm Ben, new to this site. I'm really enjoying the friendly discussion and excitement.

2019 will be my 5th Glastonbury and I can't ruddy wait. I'm going with my mum (her 4th!) my girlfriend and some other close friends. Bushy Ground will be our tent site. Really looking forward to Hot Chip, Bananarama and The Cure music wise. All the vegan food in my belly please and I'll see all of you at the silent disco (Silver Hayes, looks like no SD at The Park this year)

I'll have my happy bee flag with me. If you see it, come say hi and I'll give you a bee keyring and pin badge. BUZZIN'!

1 hour ago, doodlesbyben said:

Hi! I'm Ben, new to this site. I'm really enjoying the friendly discussion and excitement.

2019 will be my 5th Glastonbury and I can't ruddy wait. I'm going with my mum (her 4th!) my girlfriend and some other close friends. Bushy Ground will be our tent site. Really looking forward to Hot Chip, Bananarama and The Cure music wise. All the vegan food in my belly please and I'll see all of you at the silent disco (Silver Hayes, looks like no SD at The Park this year)

I'll have my happy bee flag with me. If you see it, come say hi and I'll give you a bee keyring and pin badge. BUZZIN'!

The aforementioned flag and pin/keyring 

IMG_0977.jpg

• Like 1

Hi. I'm Adam and this will be my eighth Glastonbury. I survived the 2005 biblical thunderstorm, the constant miserable 5 day downpour of 2007 and the gloriously sunny (but a little too hot) 2010.

I've actually been spying on everyone on these message boards for over a decade but today I have become one of you!

Hi, I'm Louisa, this will be my 6th Glastonbury, and my first solo one! Thought I would introduce myself (very late to the party) and I need to upload a picture! Glastonbury has really crept up on me this year as I'm halfway through buying a house, so I am looking forward to having a break from that stress!

Good Afternoon.

So I'm a long time user of this forum but haven't visited it in a long time (several years), I'm unsure why but it has reset my post count to 0.... never mind. 

So my name's Luke. I've only ever been to Glastonbury once before in 2011. Absolutely fell in love with it but I haven't been back. 2 occasions it was due to not being able to secure a ticket and the other occasions family life got in the way.

Yet over the course of the weekend I seemed to have cracked it, I've dome the unthinkable. Something I never thought was possible. I've finally ground my fiancé down that far that she has accepted the inevitable and that we're going to try and secure tickets for next years festival. 

Look forward to speaking to you all over the next 12 months and beyond.

Luke. 

Hi all. I've been lurking for a few months now, and having got back from Glastonbury I thought it was time to sign up and contribute.

I've been once before this year, in 2016 and vowed to try and get to every one in the future. Missed out on tickets in 2017 but struck lucky this year.

Hellooooooo!    I've lurked here on and off for the past few years but mostly stayed away because life events have restricted me from going to Glastonbury and the FOMO hurts badly.

HOWEVER.  I have committed myself to doing everything I can to go to Glastonbury 2020.  It will be my first Glastonbury and I will be attending totally SOLO.  (Of course, if the ticket Gods bless me so).

First step was joining the fray.   Hello everyone.

Edited by Wayside

Wayside, your story is like mine. Long time lurker here. This year was the first Glasto I missed in a long time and it was awful. 

I'm going to do everything I can to get my ass to Glastonbury 2020. I have never went to the festival solo, but have spent most of my time there without my group of friends, usually due to the size of the place, my friends being into rock and drinking and me being into messy late nights at Bloc 9 and Glade. The crowds are always super friendly and I doubt you'll be solo for long if you're into finding company. 

Good luck to you and hello everyone.