new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

On 1/22/2019 at 11:59 AM, Padjeq said:

Hi. My name is Padje. Not sure how a q got in my screenname but there you go. I was drawn here by the line-up speculation for what's going to be my second ever glastonbury. I saw over 90 bands last year, mostly at gigs and I wanna see as much as I can this year.

Hello Padjeq,

Welcome to the forum.

Over 90 gigs? Wow, that's mental!

Wishing you a great second Glastonbury.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 11:59 AM, Padjeq said:

Hi. My name is Padje. Not sure how a q got in my screenname but there you go. I was drawn here by the line-up speculation for what's going to be my second ever glastonbury. I saw over 90 bands last year, mostly at gigs and I wanna see as much as I can this year.

90 gigs that'a amazing

I have seen about 90 in my life , most of them at Glastonbury ... i am lucky if i get to see 5 bands a year at the festival.. who knows what i get up to 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pictureoftomorrow said:

Hello! I'm Ian. This year will be my 11th Glastonbury. Been every year bar one since 2005. Here to chat amongst people who are as obsessed with the festival as I am :)

welcome ... there isn't a single person here with a glastonbury obsession dont know what you mean :) 

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

relatively new to forums in general. Anyway have a massive love for music in general and gone to loads of different festivals. Anyway in 2016 i decided it was time to experience the famous Glastonbury for 2017. however i was already aware tickets were like gold dust so the day before general ticket release, i has a fantastic idea to go out on the ale. to cut a long story short, i woke up at 2pm with a text message off my mate  'We got tickets'. the whole weekend was probably one of the best weekends of my life and now i plan to attend every Glastonbury that i am lucky enough to get tickets too. Roll on 2019. 

On 2/18/2019 at 12:08 PM, Panda45 said:

Hi Folks,

relatively new to forums in general. Anyway have a massive love for music in general and gone to loads of different festivals. Anyway in 2016 i decided it was time to experience the famous Glastonbury for 2017. however i was already aware tickets were like gold dust so the day before general ticket release, i has a fantastic idea to go out on the ale. to cut a long story short, i woke up at 2pm with a text message off my mate  'We got tickets'. the whole weekend was probably one of the best weekends of my life and now i plan to attend every Glastonbury that i am lucky enough to get tickets too. Roll on 2019. 

Welcome to the forum Panda 45. Glastonbury is like no other festival. Hope you have a great one this year.

• Like 1

Hello!

Super excited to be taking my two teenage kids to what will be my first festival since fatherhood.  I've been limited to watching too many Glastos on BBC and when we watched in 2017 they both really wanted to go.  After a torturous 16 months of waiting I was geared up with eight devices, auto refresh etc. on ticket sale day and managed to bag Thursday coach tickets from Manchester.  We'll probably be camping in Wicket Ground.

Mrs Kim is vertically challenged, hates looking at the back of people's heads and after a lot of travelling around different parts of the world in the 90s and 00s has no appetite remaining for camping, the great unwashed and questionable toilets.  So she'll be enjoying Glastonbury from the sofa armed with gin and prosecco, and tasked with telling school that the kids have really bad guts.

I've already been reading loads on the site building up my anticipation.  Keen to meet some nice people, watch lots of great music and eat a bellyfull of interesting food.  Is Manic Organic is better than the Manics?  Is the Other Stage really so bad?  How many pints of Brothers Cider can I drink whilst remaining a responsible parent?

• Upvote 1

Hi all 

I've been reading the forums for years, and it looks like I registered in 2017 but I have never posted until last week.  

I'm an American in New York City, and 2019 will be my 8th Glasto Fest.  (went '04, '10, '11, '14, '15', '16, '17) - Did End of the Road last year as sub for the fallow year and it was lovely, but obviously doesn't compare to Glasto. 

I work in the film/tv industry by day, and book/host a folk music showcase on Sundays for 12 years running.  

I can mostly be found at the Park stage, though the last few years I've found myself at West Holts more and more. Really looking forward to this year!  

2 hours ago, Olshansky said:

Hi all 

I've been reading the forums for years, and it looks like I registered in 2017 but I have never posted until last week.  

I'm an American in New York City, and 2019 will be my 8th Glasto Fest.  (went '04, '10, '11, '14, '15', '16, '17) - Did End of the Road last year as sub for the fallow year and it was lovely, but obviously doesn't compare to Glasto. 

I work in the film/tv industry by day, and book/host a folk music showcase on Sundays for 12 years running.  

I can mostly be found at the Park stage, though the last few years I've found myself at West Holts more and more. Really looking forward to this year!  

Crikey, that's some festival commute you've got going on there.

On 3/4/2019 at 5:34 PM, Olshansky said:

Hi all 

I noticed your posting last week. Welcome to the forum Olshansky. :)

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while but finally joined, seems like a great community

Saw about 20 gigs last year and hopefully will better that this year! First Glasto was last time out and was lucky enough to get tickets again for this year. Countdown is well and truly on!

Ehy up everyone. I'm a long time lurker (registered back in 2004) and a combination of a teaching career with the wrong holidays and fatherhood has meant no Glastonbury since 2010. 

Anyway, I'm finally at an international school that finishes for summer early enough to go. I missed out on the main sale but managed to get an Oxfam place yesterday. Very excited! Not too sure how many of my friends are going yet so thought it'd be nice to meet some people on here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 9:17 PM, patrickh said:

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while but finally joined, seems like a great community

Saw about 20 gigs last year and hopefully will better that this year! First Glasto was last time out and was lucky enough to get tickets again for this year. Countdown is well and truly on!

Welcome patrickh. :)

On 3/7/2019 at 8:45 AM, Led festivals said:

Ehy up everyone. I'm a long time lurker (registered back in 2004) and a combination of a teaching career with the wrong holidays and fatherhood has meant no Glastonbury since 2010. 

Anyway, I'm finally at an international school that finishes for summer early enough to go. I missed out on the main sale but managed to get an Oxfam place yesterday. Very excited! Not too sure how many of my friends are going yet so thought it'd be nice to meet some people on here.

Welcome Led festivals. :)

Hi everyone! 

Long time lurker, have always appreciated the camaraderie on this site come ticket buying time, as well as the tips and secret links on the day itself.

It will be my 9th glasto this time, and i'm super excited to be back on one of my favourite places in the world after missing it in 2017. 3 years is too long to wait! Will be a special trip as well, as I'll be flying back from Singapore where I am based now. Currently glastobating and counting down... :D

21 hours ago, oysterboy said:

Hi everyone! 

Long time lurker, have always appreciated the camaraderie on this site come ticket buying time, as well as the tips and secret links on the day itself.

It will be my 9th glasto this time, and i'm super excited to be back on one of my favourite places in the world after missing it in 2017. 3 years is too long to wait! Will be a special trip as well, as I'll be flying back from Singapore where I am based now. Currently glastobating and counting down... :D

Funny coincidence, I too am coming from Singapore for my first Glastonbury in years. 

Hi, 

I haven't been to Glasto since 2010, and I was a young, kid free chick in my 20's. I'm going year with some a few 30/40yrs something ladies WITHOUT OUR CHILDREN. Curious to know what has changed in the last 9 years? Keep seeing campsite names I've never heard of? Is Penard hill still a thing? Any advice on best places to camp will be greatly appreciated.x 

Hi all - been reading a lot of the group chats over the last few years but not participated. It’s great to see the community spirit on here, particularly come ticket day. Been to every festival since 2007 but missed out in October. Will be going all out to get a golden ticket in April. Any hints / tips / help would go down a treat. Great to finally contribute!