new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

I decided to dive right in already, but here's a late intro.

Been lurking these forums since trying for Glasto 2016 tickets, missed out completely and didn't read much more. Tried again in 2017 and was much more successful! Got a coach ticket on Thursday (which according to some, losing one day at the festival was like losing a child). Had an amazing time and prepared soooo bloody much by reading a lot more threads on here, started recognizing a few power users. 

In the Fallow year, I popped in and out to fill the void in my heart and see how everyone else was coping. And now I've managed to get tickets for 2019 and decided to make an account to be part of the conversation.

My writing is really bad, I was born in London but moved at a young age so I speak fluently but expressing myself in writing can be a struggle. I write how I think, a bit messy. Let me know if something doesn't make sense or I wrote three paragraphs without a full stop or making any sense at all!

:)

1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

My writing is really bad, I was born in London but moved at a young age so I speak fluently but expressing myself in writing can be a struggle. I write how I think, a bit messy. Let me know if something doesn't make sense or I wrote three paragraphs without a full stop or making any sense at all!

Welcome aboard and congratulations on getting a ticket. 

That all made perfect sense to me, indeed better than plenty of other posters here ;) 

Hi everyone!

I'm currently studying event management at university and have a keen interest in festival sustainability. 
I'm now in the process of writing my dissertation and it would be great if other keen festival go-ers could answer a couple of questions to help me with my findings.

My dissertation is about the sustainability around festivals from an attendees perspective so if you enjoy attending music festivals and the reusable/sustainable elements of these events moving forward please go into as much detail as possible 1f642.png:)

THANK YOU
Every answer is making a poor stressed little student a bit less stressed

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/X6W6Q5K

• 2 weeks later...

Lurking since possibly 2011? (I remember hearing of the secret Green Day set at Reading 2012 from these boards at the time) but finally decided to register, because I just absolutely love spouting my own bollocks opinions.

Had always wanted to go to Glastonbury since 2012, finally managed to get my friends onboard in 2017, best festival we'd ever done, done various Readings/Sonispheres/Bestivals over the years as well. 

Hello,  thought I would drop a post to say hello.

I have got tickets for next years Glastonbury,  only the second time I have been (first time was 1994 so will be nice to actually see the pyramid stage).  will be interesting to see how much the festival has changed over the last 25 years. 

I go to 5 or 6 festivals a year so will be nice to give a comparison.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Bennykill said:

Hello,  thought I would drop a post to say hello.

I have got tickets for next years Glastonbury,  only the second time I have been (first time was 1994 so will be nice to actually see the pyramid stage).  will be interesting to see how much the festival has changed over the last 25 years. 

I go to 5 or 6 festivals a year so will be nice to give a comparison.

Hello Bennykill,

Welcome to the forum, and wish you a happy Glastonbury. Believe me it'll be a big change from 1994.

You may find this useful;

http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq

On 12/15/2018 at 3:10 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Bennykill,

Welcome to the forum, and wish you a happy Glastonbury. Believe me it'll be a big change from 1994.

Hi yog old son just tried pm you.. 

On 12/15/2018 at 3:10 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Bennykill,

Very handy guide. Thank you. 

Im looking forward to some act announcements. To really get the excitement going. 

• 3 weeks later...

Are you feeling as croky as me

Or more like an otter, a beaver’s family

Hello my name is Vidan Poststamp, it sounds funny but it's true

I'm looking forward to glasto camp, ing how about you

Straight outta the Netherlands, been three years in a row

Best year was 2014, when kasabian closed the show

Had a fallow year before the fallow year, for that I still punch myself in the nose

but I was due to my partner in crime, the ridiculous henneaux

But this year we're coming again, I hope you'll all be there, lost or found

be there or be square, stick my dick in a circle but not fucking a round

IMG_0129.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hi lovely people !!

My first post, have been lurking a few months pre ticket sale where I'm ecstatic to say I was successful, so the Mrs and I will be attending our first GF in June (although I did jump the fence for the Sat night Orbital set in 1994, shhhh (Paul & Phil went to my School)) celebrating my 50th Birthday year.

We will be camper van w4nkers staying in the east camping ground from the Tuesday, hope to catch some of you there !!

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:25 PM, Nudenut said:

Hi lovely people !!

My first post, have been lurking a few months pre ticket sale where I'm ecstatic to say I was successful, so the Mrs and I will be attending our first GF in June (although I did jump the fence for the Sat night Orbital set in 1994, shhhh (Paul & Phil went to my School)) celebrating my 50th Birthday year.

We will be camper van w4nkers staying in the east camping ground from the Tuesday, hope to catch some of you there !!

May I congratulate you on getting the golden tickets, you are in for one hell of a show. Unfortunately I didn't in the general sale but shall maybe try in April, maybe not. Been many times and always happy for others to enjoy for the first time, every cloud and all that. My misfortune is somebody else's fortune. 

Shall reserve my right to be extremely jealous. :thumbsu:

Not new but a returnee. Have posted sparingly over the years and snuck in on three efest meets, I find it is too easy to spend way too much time on various fora here and there so deliberately ration myself “out of season”. But now we are on the downhill run to the great day, so dipping a tentative toe into the efest waters once more!

Edited by muffled oars

Hey all, thought I'd finally join here now I'm doing my first Glastonbury this year! Always half assed trying to get tickets in the past, came in with a proper strategy and a group of 6 this year and it paid off!

Been a while since I've been to a festival, did V 2010 and then Reading 2011-2013, and was a regular on the Reading forums before they shut down (RIP). Interested to see how I get on now I'm a bit older (24 but feel 42)! ?

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2019 at 1:32 PM, thrillhouse188 said:

Hey all, thought I'd finally join here now I'm doing my first Glastonbury this year! Always half assed trying to get tickets in the past, came in with a proper strategy and a group of 6 this year and it paid off!

Been a while since I've been to a festival, did V 2010 and then Reading 2011-2013, and was a regular on the Reading forums before they shut down (RIP). Interested to see how I get on now I'm a bit older (24 but feel 42)! ?

Your profile pic is glorious 

On 1/11/2019 at 11:47 AM, thrillhouse188 said:

Haha thanks! There are some real wonders in Simpsons shitposting fb groups

I had to unfollow one cause it was just taking over my timeline (as most of these groups tend to do) might be time to dip my toe back in the water though.

59 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I had to unfollow one cause it was just taking over my timeline (as most of these groups tend to do) might be time to dip my toe back in the water though.

Pretty much my entire timeline is a mix of Simpsons, It’s always sunny, twin peaks and physics memes. All I use fb for nowadays really 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. My name is Padje. Not sure how a q got in my screenname but there you go. I was drawn here by the line-up speculation for what's going to be my second ever glastonbury. I saw over 90 bands last year, mostly at gigs and I wanna see as much as I can this year.

• Like 1