new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hello! Long time lurker, signed up a while back but never posted - thought it's about time I did!! This will be my 3rd Glastonbury (2014 and 2016 being the others). I can't wait!!

I have these forums to thank for in helping me discover some of my now favourite artists. Without you I may never have discovered the wonders of the National, Arcade Fire, Sigur Rós, the War on Drugs, Beck, Radiohead and PSB (the good ones). In other words, THANK YOU! 

1 hour ago, Aggressive said:

Hey all,

Been reading the site for aaaaaaages but finally registered

I am a band manager/promoter

Manage one of the bands on the John Peel tent this year so you can imagine I'm currently managing some very excited musicians right now :)

welcome to the thread ... I share your pain trying to manage a certain band member CH :) 

Greetings :lol:

time for introduction after long time lurcher!

Me = 2 times @ Glasto (2013 & 2015)...Hubby = 3 times @ Glasto (2011 - chopping onions in burger bar 2013 & 2015)

Both times I have been studying for a degree, this time I am FREE...

Different plans this time....more time rambling the smaller tents / areas & staying awake until at least 3am to experience evening.

p.s I'm 44 and hubby is 50

Excited muchos :D:lol:

x

Hey 

Another lurker here that has taken way too long to join up. 

Followed the forum for the last 2 years in the attempt to get tickets, and finally managed to this year. So it will be my first time :) also going with 2 other newbies, so feeling totally lost and excited at the same time! 

We've worked out the main points (parking, where to camp etc) but still trying to decide how to get our stuff into the site, Wheel barrow/sack trucks etc have all been mentioned, but as 3 relatively small females that could end in disaster if there is mud like last year!

So basically any pointers or tips from past attending Glasto goers would be appreciated! Fingers crossed for sun! x

Been lurking for a while, but the anticipation is just too high now that we are 2 weeks away. Seeing that I am spending most of my (should be) working day on here and browsing for other Glasto related news, I felt as though I should just jump in!

2nd time for me this year, 2015 being the other. Would bite your hand off for similar weather! 

Replying to a few forums might as well formally say Hello after long time lurking and finally started posting! :) 

1st Glasto last year and wasn't going to go this year as none of my home friends were keen but I couldn't resist. After friends I made last year said I could camp with them I tried in the resale which I was successful with and sooo excited to get back.

Hi everyone,

I've been three times and I'm desperate to go this year again, but don't have a ticket. Seeing Radiohead at Glastonbury is my dream gig. Was there in 2011 when they did the secret gig up in The Park. A rumour went round the site on the Friday morning that they were the secret act. In my excitement at getting to see them at Glastonbury I let it get the better of me and consumed too much of everything, lost track of time and by the time they were set to play The Park stage had filled up and they had to close it off. So I missed the gig. Devastated. 

I'm now looking to buy two tickets from anyone who can't use theirs. I missed out on the first sale and re-sale but I am absolutely desperate to go and am willing to take a risk of buying a couple of tickets and taking my chances getting in. If you or anyone you know has tickets, please PM me and we can try to figure out a way of making the exchange. You would make me the happiest man in the world.

Thanks.

14 hours ago, Irish Charles said:
Hi everyone,

I've been three times and I'm desperate to go this year again, but don't have a ticket. Seeing Radiohead at Glastonbury is my dream gig. Was there in 2011 when they did the secret gig up in The Park. A rumour went round the site on the Friday morning that they were the secret act. In my excitement at getting to see them at Glastonbury I let it get the better of me and consumed too much of everything, lost track of time and by the time they were set to play The Park stage had filled up and they had to close it off. So I missed the gig. Devastated. 

I'm now looking to buy two tickets from anyone who can't use theirs. I missed out on the first sale and re-sale but I am absolutely desperate to go and am willing to take a risk of buying a couple of tickets and taking my chances getting in. If you or anyone you know has tickets, please PM me and we can try to figure out a way of making the exchange. You would make me the happiest man in the world.

Thanks.

Just be aware mate, I'm not sure how open people will be to giving a randomer that's never posted on this site before access to tickets, considering the current security climate etc and not going through the proper channels.

22 hours ago, fat_man_joe said:

Just be aware mate, I'm not sure how open people will be to giving a randomer that's never posted on this site before access to tickets, considering the current security climate etc and not going through the proper channels.

Yeah, understood. Thought it might be worth a try in my desperation. I'm trying in the hope that any ticket seller would be pretty certain I'm not a security threat if they dealt with me directly.

22 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

You don't need to ask in every thread. We can easily see and ignore your post it in just one thread, thank you. 

That's great to know. Thanks so much for your help and understanding with this. You're a real gem and Glastonbury will be so much better for having you there. Go Glastonbury spirit!

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

To be fair, you've posted the exact same thing in nearly every thread, instead of just one where everyone can see it. 

And when did enabling touts count as Glastonbury spirit? Cos the more people that get in on other people's tickets, the more the touts may start to think it's worth the risk again. 

This isn't enabling touts. This is helping someone out who has paid a lot of money to go and suddenly finds they can't. I've been in the same position myself where I've had a spare ticket. After arranging to meet the person online, I met the person at the gate, explained the situation to the security guards and they thankfully understood there was nothing underhand happening. I was simply helping someone who was desperate to go and they were helping me avoid losing quite a bit of cash. They were extremely happy and grateful. There was no security issue. Everyone won. Very much in the spirit of Glastonbury.

Anyway, touts aren't stupid enough to commit thousands of pounds on tickets that have such extreme security measures attached to them. They're out to make easy money and would never run the risk.

And I'm sorry if my repeated message has upset you so much. I understand how these things can really boil the blood of even the coolest heads.

8 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I fully understand that and on an individual basis you are right. However, if this becomes more and more common, then the touts will realise they can do the same and will start registering and selling on their tickets for profit. 

Well, if it's any consolation, in the unlikely event that I find someone willing to sell me a ticket, I will do my utmost to ensure they are not a tout. I don't believe anyone who has a ticket and is genuinely unable to go would be scummy enough to try to sell it at a profit, but would simply look to get their money back. So I wouldn't be willing to deal with someone trying to make a profit from it. And ideally they will be at the festival themselves and can meet me at the gate with the ticket in the same way I did with the person I sold a ticket to.

You may be lucky enough to have a ticket this year, but some other year you mightn't and will understand where I'm coming from. You will try all avenues possible.

But congratulations on getting one. I'm sure it will be fantastic as ever. Have a good time!

Hi Everyone! 

My name is Matt, been reading these posts for years but never spoke..... This will be my 10th year at Glasto and I am proper excited! Will be dancing till dawn most days, get a couple of hours kip then up and happy to be in the fields of Avalon!