new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hey there efests,

I'm Volker and looking very forward to attend my second Glasto this year. Went there last year and had an absolut blast despite all the mud. We're flying in from Germany.

I've been stalking efests for quiet some time and thought i'd just have a go and sign up.

Only 35 days to go! can't wait.

Hello Everyone

My names Luke and I have been a lurker on these forums for quite some time since i got my ticket. Finally decided to create an account so i could join in and get involved :). Love the forum, it keeps me occupied most days at work. I am so excited for the festival, it will be my first time at Glastonbury. 

Hopefully bump into a few Efests at Glastonbury. Hope everyone has a great festival!! 

1 hour ago, The Field said:

Hello Everyone

My names Luke and I have been a lurker on these forums for quite some time since i got my ticket. Finally decided to create an account so i could join in and get involved :). Love the forum, it keeps me occupied most days at work. I am so excited for the festival, it will be my first time at Glastonbury. 

Hopefully bump into a few Efests at Glastonbury. Hope everyone has a great festival!! 

I love that you have 8 posts in an hour!  

Welcome one and all

hello all, this seems to be my first post, guess i have been lurking and not joining in - well here goes, i attended in 2011, 2016 and this will be my third. really love camping so i appreciate and geek out on the tent and boot recommendations :)

I found this forum looking to find new people going to glastonbury 2017. I went for the first time in 2010. Celebrating my 30th back then. Never rained, ended up with really bad sun burn. I remember having to go to the medical tent and they didnt know how to treat burns ha. I am hoping for another dry festival but the odds are against me. Not long now,. Will be celebrating my 37th Birthday there, 24th June.

Last time I went I ended up in bed at around 12pm every night I know sad ha, this year will be different  i hope 

Greetings - I am a long time lurker on the forum. Thought it was about time i said hello and contributed. I've been going to the festival since a teenager back in 1990. This year will be my 12th visit - still love the place. Previously I've worked at the festival, both as a photographer and as a DJ. Now it's just for fun and catching up with old friends and making new ones (and ok a couple of personal projects).

Music wise, mainly electronic music - love most sorts of 'dance music' - but favourite genres are ambient, minimal and experimental music - Aphex, Tycho, Eno, Hessle, etc

Edited by J Mansfield
poor spelling

Long time lurker, registered as were getting close now :)

I had a ticket got for me in the initial sale and we got one for my better half in the resale.

Both first timers. Im 31 and she is 26. Shes done a couple of festivals but i never have really. More into my open spaces in the hills.

Anyway were in CW with friends who've been many a time, pitching next to their camper. I have a suit. You WILL NOT be able to miss me.

Holy fuckballs

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

great early post... challenge accepted :) I do have something I keep hidden of situations like these ..

I have no doubt in the world I will get demolished in this. 

I guarantee I make you smile though :)

Hi all. Was very lucky to get a coach ticket in the resale. This will be my first Glastonbury although I have been to a few smaller festivals including End of the Road, Green Man and Kendal. Attending with some Glastonbury veterans who I think are keen to show me the ropes! Excitement levels starting to ramp up now, so thought I'd sign up having lurked for a few weeks.

On 29/05/2016 at 2:29 PM, Girlwiththemostcake said:

Slight spanner in the works is that I was recently diagnosed with cervical cancer and need surgery, but I'm hoping that can be delayed until after Glastonbury. 

This was me last year, heading to Glastonbury knowing I had cancer and was delaying treatment to go. Lots of friends and well meaning dogooders suggested I wouldn't be able to enjoy the weekend with that hanging over me. How wrong they were. I had a brilliant weekend, despite the exhausting mud, and am now very excited to be heading back to Glastonbury this year, cancer free. Let's hope it's mud free too!

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Girlwiththemostcake said:

This was me last year, heading to Glastonbury knowing I had cancer and was delaying treatment to go. Lots of friends and well meaning dogooders suggested I wouldn't be able to enjoy the weekend with that hanging over me. How wrong they were. I had a brilliant weekend, despite the exhausting mud, and am now very excited to be heading back to Glastonbury this year, cancer free. Let's hope it's mud free too!

^^This^^ 

i don't know you. Will probably never. But this is such a great thing to share. So happy for you, stranger! Big smile :)